Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

vtech head

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2001, 11:07 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vtech head

would a b18c head increase horsepower and toque in D16Z7 engine?
Old 07-26-2001, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: vtech head (redex)

o0o o0o ill take this one.

two different platforms.
cant swap parts between different series engines.

for example you cant put a b16 head on a d16 block and vice versa.

peace,
brian
Old 07-26-2001, 12:56 PM
Oracle of GDD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to quote slowerthanu: "It's VTEC, not vtech, you jackass."
Old 07-26-2001, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: vtech head (Ross1013)

to quote slowerthanu: "It's VTEC, not vtech, you jackass
That was mean. He's just asking a simple question, why don't we try helping him instead of insulting him.
Old 07-26-2001, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

would a b18c head increase horsepower and toque in D16Z7 engine?
No!
Old 07-26-2001, 04:57 PM
New User

B18C heads wont fit your D16Z7, b'cause the B18C is a DOHC and the D16Z7 is a SOHC. So the head would be too big to fit the D16Z7 cause its smaller. But I heard that you can swap in the 96+ SOHC EX heads on 92+ SOHC blocks and get more power and torque.
Old 07-27-2001, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think yoiu should try it and prove everyone wrong. I would try to find a fully built type-r head and also maybe sport injection. Why go half-@ss. Just buy it first, then try to see if it fits. Good Luck. Spend as much as you can, okay.
Old 07-27-2001, 10:25 PM
New User

Default Re: vtech head (ek_mr5)

While I believe that the above guy says is true that you should try it and prove everybody wrong, it's just that it'll take so much money to fit the D series head onto the B series block and then when you do you'll run into reliability problems and head gasket selection probelms and so forth. You'd be better off buying an LS bottom and putting the B series head on top, but even that conversion you'll run into problems such as that the LS bottom doesn't have as efficient oil control as the B16 and B18 series engines. Those engine blocks rev higher and quicker so you'll find more efficient oil control in those engines and not the LS blocks. But they're are ways to get around this by adding additional parts. Damn I wrote a lot huh?!?
Old 07-27-2001, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: vtech head (Dark_Clouds)

Yeah, but if you didn;t notice Dark_Clouds, ek_mr5's message was oozing with sarcasm, haha...I don't think ek_mr5 was being serious in suggesting the guy spend tons of money to do something that is quite literally, impossible...
Old 07-27-2001, 11:15 PM
B18C-EJ1

Default Re: vtech head (MugenHondaFormula1)

No chit, what ever happened to the SEARCH button.

Come on, even the 14year old who just reads a little bit knows the B and D series engines are completely different.

I think the main problem is that some people here are tired of answering stupid questions like this one.

It's not the fact that he asked this question, it's the fact that he should have done some research before asking this question, then he wouldn't have gotten the responses he did.

Old 07-27-2001, 11:26 PM
New User

Default Re: vtech head (B18C-EJ1)

Damn man you got it all wrong. The reason there is a Honda-tech.com in the first place is so that others can share information. Beginners can also come here and ask questions and other knowledgable people(who know more) can answer them and this site would be the perfect site for researching about a questionn that's hard to find. And I'd be glad to answer all questions even if they're basic and easy, besides didn't we all start off knowing nothing about Honda's exept for the fact that they look tight?
Old 07-27-2001, 11:41 PM
B18C-EJ1

No, your right, I didn't know everything when I first got my Honda. BUT, what I did do is READ, and when I thought I had read enough I READ SOME MORE, until I got to the point where I wasn't perceived as a total IDIOT. When I finally did my own motor swap, I knew exactly what I was doing. NOT half assed, and not by asking stupid basic questions, LIKE duuuhhh, uhm, can I put a S2k motor in my 88 CRX?????

Look the bottom line is, and you don't have to agree with me, this place and others like it are here to help people out. BUT, please do us all a favor and at least know the basics, especially when your talking to other HONDA gurus.

The most hurtful, is when you call my VTEC a PHONE........

I instantly label you as an idiot who didn't even have the respect to know how to properly spell VTEC.

So, if you're intent in answering all these questions, whether they be good or bad, why not just get rid of the search button all together???

Think of this place as Honda school. Crack your book once in a while, you'll find it contains a LOT of USEFUL information.

Old 07-28-2001, 12:05 AM
New User

Default Re: vtech head (B18C-EJ1)

Hey man I know what you mean when you said you read and read cause I've been through that too. But the VTEC Phone part and me not lableing VtEc rite is surely a mistake, I think you got the wrong person.

But the funny part is the VTEC Phone part, I've seen those at Best Buy and Circuit City but I'm not sure what the VTEC does to the phones. Must be some new technology.

Anyhow, let's not argue over this **** anymore and pin point each others small mistakes cause we'll be at it all night, so let's just say we're both rite and have our own ways of doing things here and so does everybody else. Besides it's getting late and I'm getting tired.
Old 07-28-2001, 05:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Back to the topic....... if you want a faster car while staying with your SOHC your best bet would be to swap on a VTEC head from the EX civic. Its not as hard as a ls/vtec swap and alot cheaper then doing a motor swap all together. You can then either turbo or supercharge it and it'll be pretty quick.
D series and B series engines arent compatible exept If you want you can swap a ZC head onto the D series block. Thats the only way a D series engine can have DOHC mechanics. But no VTEC head fits. So in a way YES D series and B series are comptable but only in this instance.