Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Vtec spool valve leak

Old 05-22-2019, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Vtec spool valve leak

Okay so i was replacing the gaskets for the vtec solenoid/spool vavle/whatever you want to call it and i snapped one of the three top bolts putting it back on. Now i ran the car for about 10 min and didnt notice any leakage, i already ordered a new/used assembly since it was 15 bucks and i already tried eveything to get it out, besides drilling the bolt out. I just want to know if you guys think i should be ok to drive it in the meantime. Should be here on 28th.

Last edited by WonderIfYouKnow; 05-22-2019 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Misspelled
Old 05-22-2019, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vtec spool valve leak

Does the solenoid assembly currently leak oil like cutting an artery would leak blood?
Old 05-22-2019, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by muellersfan View Post
Does the solenoid assembly currently leak oil like cutting an artery would leak blood?
Lol no everything seems to be holding up, it was leaking before due to the gaskets but those are changed now. Im just afraid if i push it to engage vtec that it'll say it F it and leak
Old 05-22-2019, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by WonderIfYouKnow View Post
Lol no everything seems to be holding up, it was leaking before due to the gaskets but those are changed now. Im just afraid if i push it to engage vtec that it'll say it F it and leak
Don't take car to "racetrack" until you replace the broken VTEC solenoid bolts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: