Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

vtec controler

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 04:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vtec controler

ok i have no speedo and i need vtec it aint working without a speedo so if i get a vtec controller will it bypass that or do i need speedo i think it does bypass any opinons plz need to know thanks
Old 01-04-2005, 05:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: vtec controler (b16a27)

unless it's a track only car, don't you think your money would be better spent on getting a proper working speedometer instead of a vtec controller?
Old 01-04-2005, 05:22 AM

Default Re: vtec controler (chris c)

i know the get th speedo fixed but its not the same gear on my new tranny it dont mix with my vvs
Old 01-04-2005, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you might want to start a thread about the speedo issues, including the info on what swap you did and the specific problem you are having. ie. went from this transmission to this transmission and speed sensor gear does not match. personally, i won't know the answer, but i am sure it's an easy fix that someone here can set you up with..
Old 01-04-2005, 05:38 AM
Electrician

Default Re: vtec controler (chris c)

1. It's controller not controler.

2. It's VSS not VVS.

3. Get your VSS issues fixed before you do anything else. Don't cheap out because "you need VTEC" and not fix something that is important in everyday driving.

4. Get some lessons on sentence structure, punctuation, and when to use paragraphs.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Re: vtec controler (Dimi)

wow i love people who like to talk bad *** on comp. i has a simple question and they have to get smart *** all they had to do is not post if they didnt know not act cool and be my english teacher its honda-tech. ***
Old 01-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Electrician

Uhm, no. You have other problems at hand that you need to clear before you buy a VTEC controller to "bypass" whatever it is you want to "bypass". We all answered you. If you don't like your answer, take it and shove it.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:47 AM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16a27 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know the get th speedo fixed but its not the same gear on my new tranny it dont mix with my vvs</TD></TR></TABLE>

how is that possible?
Old 01-04-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: (Dimi)

what ever i know my problem and the speedo will never work the trans is different from my vss is a 92 teg and trans is JDM Type R trans all i know is that the speed gear on sensor is to small and i cant convert to eletric because its mechancal to much B.S. so im just gonna bypass it i mean im not about to pull a 1000$ tranny i just installed and fabmounts for and **** for some dumbass speedo see my point its a track car so. anyways all i want to know do i need a working vss to have vtec or not and will a vtec controller bypass it thanks maybe that made me not sound so dumb i had to write quick i was at school so i couldent type it out like i wanted.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: (b16a27)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16a27 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what ever i know my problem and the speedo will never work the trans is different from my vss is a 92 teg and trans is JDM Type R trans all i know is that the speed gear on sensor is to small and i cant convert to eletric because its mechancal to much B.S. so im just gonna bypass it i mean im not about to pull a 1000$ tranny i just installed and fabmounts for and **** for some dumbass speedo see my point its a track car so. anyways all i want to know do i need a working vss to have vtec or not and will a vtec controller bypass it thanks maybe that made me not sound so dumb i had to write quick i was at school so i couldent type it out like i wanted.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok if this is a track car then you should be useing a standalone EMS. But if you are going to use the Honda ECU then yes you need to get your VSS working to make VTEC work. Honda ECU's look for a speed signal and with out it you get no VTEC, sorry that is just how it works. You might me able to get a VTEC controller to bypass this but you should look into trying to get your VSS fixed first.....HTH
Old 01-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (crxkane)

A VAFC will bypass. if you have a cell you will still hit vtec.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:49 PM

Default Re: (sohcvtec1995)

ok so if i buy a VAFC my vtec will work right
Old 01-04-2005, 08:57 PM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

or you could just go uberdata and make vtec work regardless of your speed.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (crxkane)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxkane &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ok if this is a track car then you should be useing a standalone EMS. But if you are going to use the Honda ECU then yes you need to get your VSS working to make VTEC work. Honda ECU's look for a speed signal and with out it you get no VTEC, sorry that is just how it works. You might me able to get a VTEC controller to bypass this but you should look into trying to get your VSS fixed first.....HTH</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont think the speedo would effect vtec because i ran two different obd's in my car and i had no speedo but vtec worked fine.. I was using a obd2b motor and harness hooked up to a obd2a car. Only had two plugs hooked up to the ecu because on the 99-00 civics the third plug comes from the dash.. I dont know but my car ran fine without speedo. Just my giving my opinon..
Old 01-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You don't need a vtec controller if you don't know what you're doing. Vtec engages where it does because it's efficiency can be graphed as a sort of parabola, and it just so happens that at around 5500 rpms it peaks. Leave it alone.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16a27 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> ok so if i buy a VAFC my vtec will work right </TD></TR></TABLE>
Correct. butmake sure to set vtec at the stock setting until you hit the dyno.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohcvtec1995 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A VAFC will bypass. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Finally. I thought this thread was going to go 2 pages before someone answered his question.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek_b16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I dont think the speedo would effect vtec because i ran two different obd's in my car and i had no speedo but vtec worked fine.. I was using a obd2b motor and harness hooked up to a obd2a car. Only had two plugs hooked up to the ecu because on the 99-00 civics the third plug comes from the dash.. I dont know but my car ran fine without speedo. Just my giving my opinon..</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spyderracing32 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You don't need a vtec controller if you don't know what you're doing. Vtec engages where it does because it's efficiency can be graphed as a sort of parabola, and it just so happens that at around 5500 rpms it peaks. Leave it alone.</TD></TR></TABLE>

His speedometer does have an effect, w/out it hooked up and working properly, VTEC crossover will not happen.

Old 01-05-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: (rodrez.)

thanks rodrez for answering my question not just tell me fix speedo lol belive me i tried sweet
Old 01-06-2005, 01:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rodrez.)

His speedometer does have an effect, w/out it hooked up and working properly, VTEC crossover will not happen.

Correct me if i'm Wrong but Vtec will engage with out the speedo..
Old 01-06-2005, 03:22 AM

Default Re: (ek_b16)

When I blew the fuse to my VSS Vtec would not engage. As soon as that was fixed it started working again, so that tells me that the speedometer and/or the VSS are somehow associated with Vtec.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ek_b16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek_b16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">His speedometer does have an effect, w/out it hooked up and working properly, VTEC crossover will not happen.

Correct me if i'm Wrong but Vtec will engage with out the speedo..</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97VtecIN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When I blew the fuse to my VSS Vtec would not engage. As soon as that was fixed it started working again, so that tells me that the speedometer and/or the VSS are somehow associated with Vtec.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Both of you need to read his post and not just skim threw it. He knows that hisvtec is not working because of his speedometer. His questions was if he got a vafc would it bypass the cel and engage VTEc. If you guys cant read and post something other then what everyone in here except me and rodrez. posted stay out and go post ***** on a different forum.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:32 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohcvtec1995 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Both of you need to read his post and not just skim threw it. He knows that hisvtec is not working because of his speedometer. His questions was if he got a vafc would it bypass the cel and engage VTEc. If you guys cant read and post something other then what everyone in here except me and rodrez. posted stay out and go post ***** on a different forum.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok done. Now you skim the post and look at the guy who asks if the speedometer has anything to do with the Vtec engaging. That was who I was answering. Take a chilly ***** pill ******.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohcvtec1995 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Both of you need to read his post and not just skim threw it. He knows that hisvtec is not working because of his speedometer. His questions was if he got a vafc would it bypass the cel and engage VTEc. If you guys cant read and post something other then what everyone in here except me and rodrez. posted stay out and go post ***** on a different forum.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Chill out dude. I know what he was asking and i was just saying the speedo dont effect vtec cause i've experience it in my ride. Just giving my opinon Just like how you give yours. If you dont like then dont post. keep it to yourself.. Whats the point to post if there's no replys??