Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Voltage Stabilizer

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Voltage Stabilizer

has anyone ever herd of a voltage stabilizer? do they work? what do they do?
Old 07-09-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Voltage Stabilizer (924doorEG)

I'm getting a Spoon Sports voltage stabilizer. Voltage stabilizers enhances the voltage throughout your car, and can improve performance by just a tad. (1-10 horses depending on your setup)

EDIT: It reduces stress on the battery, and it also helps your electronic devices to work better. (meaning that your ECU will get a nice kick)
Old 07-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

where are you getting yours? so it really dose work?
Old 07-09-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: (924doorEG)

(I just edited my first post check it out)

I'm getting mine from my friend. Its a Spoon voltage stabilizer.

You can get some here

http://www.aj-racing.com/catal...=1116

Also, I am getting the HKS ground stabilizer. I will post pictures of it tomorrow (well today it is 4AM and I have to work at 7AM....

EDIT: The link there has info on the voltage stabilizer.
EDIT part two: oh and good morning! lol (goodnight is what I really mean to say)
Old 07-10-2007, 04:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Has anyone had experience w/ the voltage stabilizers sold on ebay?
Old 07-10-2007, 05:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (visormurp)

There are better things to spend your money on...
Old 07-10-2007, 05:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by visormurp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Has anyone had experience w/ the voltage stabilizers sold on ebay?</TD></TR></TABLE>

My buddy did, and they're kind of bootleg. The wires are made of crap. The are'nt compareable to anything you can get name brand. I.E. Spoon, HKS, SUN Automotive, etc...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EE_Chris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> There are better things to spend your money on... </TD></TR></TABLE>

This man is right!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:40 AM

Default Re: (visormurp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by visormurp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Has anyone had experience w/ the voltage stabilizers sold on ebay? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I wouldn't recommend buying anything on Ebay. My suggestion to you is to purchase your items elsewhere such as an actual physical automotive part retailer, or an online well known site. (not Ebay)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My buddy did, and they're kind of bootleg. The wires are made of crap. The are'nt compareable to anything you can get name brand. I.E. Spoon, HKS, SUN Automotive, etc...</TD></TR></TABLE>

From my understanding you are stating that voltage stabilizers are bootleg.
I have a Spoon Sports Voltage Stabilizer. They are not bootleg, if so they would have been recalled, and I also have the HKS ground wires... believe me when I say the wires are thick.

(I'll post pics later today after work 7-8PM EST.)
Old 07-10-2007, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Cpt.GargameL)

I dunno - the stock system has always gotten the job done for me.

When things get old, dirty and corroded, then it doesn't exactly get the job done...which is when you just clean things up with an abrasive disk/wire wheel to get it back to how it was from the factory. If it's corroded to the point of replacement, then replace them.

Just my two Lincoln's.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cpt.GargameL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...and I also have the HKS ground wires... believe me when I say the wires are thick.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I believe you. Would you believe me that you paid more for the HKS name than you would have for some plain-jane copper wire and still gotten the same result?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (EE_Chris)

I got the Spoon sports voodoo doll and a HKS shrunken head right next to my indian dream catcher so I wont have any bad dreams while driving.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:05 AM

Default Re: (EE_Chris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe you. Would you believe me that you paid more for the HKS name than you would have for some plain-jane copper wire and still gotten the same result? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well considering the fact that I'm only paying $30 for it. No. lol I'm getting it from my friend. Both voltage stabilizer and ground. (he never used it) I get parts at SUPER low price because my friend works in a warehouse that is supplied with JDM parts and accessories. (among hundreds of other brands) I got the good end I'd say.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:26 PM

Bump for 924doorEG
Old 07-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Its a good idea if you have free cash on hand, if any of you have seen the waveform an alternator produces you would be scared shitless if you are a computer literate person (I say that because DC current in a computer needs to be very clean) If anything, it will add a huge margin of protection for any electronics in the car.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: (slowcivic2k)

Here are the pics for the voltage stabilizer and ground.

Spoon Sports Voltage Stabilizer:

HKS Ground:

Old 07-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what dose bump mean? why did someone just "bump" me
Old 07-10-2007, 11:11 PM

Default Re: (924doorEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 924doorEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what dose bump mean? why did someone just "bump" me</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol It is just to float the topic to the top of the forum listings. (I just did that so it could get attention or if you couldn't find it within the first page)
Old 07-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cpt.GargameL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here are the pics for the voltage stabilizer and ground.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

hate to break it to you but both of those are FAKE. spoon has never made a voltage stabilizer(just ground wires) as far back as I can find, also HKS wires are purple not blue(has always been that way)
Old 07-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one... it's retarted... noticed nothing.. posting a pic in like 2 min. It's nothing more than just a small capacitor.

I think my stabalizer is a tin can labeled "GREDDY" with wires coming out of it. Your car battery is there for a reason.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cpt.GargameL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here are the pics for the voltage stabilizer and ground.

Spoon Sports Voltage Stabilizer:

HKS Ground:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I HIGHLY doubt that's spoon anything. Just a label.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:46 PM

Default Re: (broketuner-Sol_Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-Sol_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hate to break it to you but both of those are FAKE. spoon has never made a voltage stabilizer(just ground wires) as far back as I can find, also HKS wires are purple not blue(has always been that way)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really? Well... I could feel a bit less robbed of joy. I haven't acquired these two items yet.

The voltage stabilizer looks just like the one sageuvagony posted except that it has the Greedy brand labeled. (perhaps the one I'm getting is a Greedy... with the brand ripped off and replaced with the Spoon lettering) maybe the person who gave it to my friend wanted to show off by saying he has Spoon parts on his car, maybe that could be the case. What I know is that I don't have them yet and I can't tell for sure whether or not neither of them are fake or not. (and if they appear to be sorry for misleading any of you) my apologies if thats the case. I will get a hold of them tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cpt.GargameL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Really? Well... I could feel a bit less robbed of joy. I haven't acquired these two items yet.

The voltage stabilizer looks just like the one sageuvagony posted except that it has the Greedy brand labeled. (perhaps the one I'm getting is a Greedy... with the brand ripped off and replaced with the Spoon lettering) maybe the person who gave it to my friend wanted to show off by saying he has Spoon parts on his car, maybe that could be the case. What I know is that I don't have them yet and I can't tell for sure whether or not neither of them are fake or not. (and if they appear to be sorry for misleading any of you) my apologies if thats the case. I will get a hold of them tomorrow.</TD></TR></TABLE>

These aren't expensive anyway so even if you get ripped, you cant kill yourself. No biggie. I've seen stabalizers out there for over $200. Now THAT scares me... and if they work, awsome...
Old 07-11-2007, 02:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (suspendedHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suspendedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got the Spoon sports voodoo doll and a HKS shrunken head right next to my indian dream catcher so I wont have any bad dreams while driving.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Been using this set-up for years works well
Old 07-11-2007, 03:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Aushonda)

LOL - take a cap and call it a voltage stabilizer. Now that's marketing. Nevermind the fact that the battery is also providing that function.