Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

vitara installation

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vitara installation

hey guys i was wondering if there is any difference in the installation of vitaras compared to installing any other aftermarket pistons like cp,etc. also i was planning on getting the fjr custom I-beam rods specifically for the z16 vitara setup. and difference on the installation of the rods too? thanks
Old 10-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: vitara installation (Chris_Spires)

considering ur a queer from cape i dont think anybodys gonna help u...

haha jk, sup bro its $hane.. an naa dude, no difference in installation when it comes to the pistons... the rods yea, ur block most likely has to be knotched depending on what rods you go with, but thats the extent of machining anything.. the FJT pistons are custom made to sit at deck height and not .001" higher, thats why vitaras are so serious, unless your not boostin that being the case id not even waste my time on building... hopefully u dont take over a year to build ur bottom end like ur best friend lol..
Old 10-15-2008, 07:20 PM

was boostin on a stock y8 and blew my #4 piston into millions of pieces which ended up in my oilpan. but naw it will be faster than dougs build but he's got the whole deal goin on. my car is actually being put back together by mike that did doug's car cuz i am in an apartment up here in tampa for school
Old 10-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Chris_Spires)

tru thats wassup.. an yeah doug gets mad at me when i bust his ***** so he dont talk to me anymore... w/e... but yeah dude, you can get a complete bottom end built on a D for under $1k easily, the machining is the only thing that takes time... my neighbors motor was pulled, built, an dropped back in, in a weekend so yeah timeframes only really depend on who does ur motor work... i guess mike is just super busy cuz it took them like over a year to do a basic build on dougs ****... he gotta lotta ****, but with it all layed out in front of you its really pretty simple thats why i [freak] wit him about it...

an that sucks to hear bout ur piston doin that.. how much were u boostin..?? i thought u were on super low boost from what i heard... and just a little heads up, if ur gonna boost still, i'd buy a Z6 block, Y8's are trash for boost especially in the oil flow department...
Old 10-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

arrows point towards flywheel because suzuki valve reliefs are backwards from hondas
Old 10-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: vitara installation (JDM_SOHC)

dude this has nothing to do with this post but your avatar i freakin tight
Old 10-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: vitara installation (silverbullet9626)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by silverbullet9626 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude this has nothing to do with this post but your avatar i freakin tight </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol thnx... just consider it as a free bump to the OP...
Old 10-21-2008, 07:33 PM

Default Re: vitara installation (JDM_SOHC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_SOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">considering ur a queer from cape i dont think anybodys gonna help u...

haha jk, sup bro its $hane.. an naa dude, no difference in installation when it comes to the pistons... the rods yea, ur block most likely has to be knotched depending on what rods you go with, but thats the extent of machining anything.. the FJT pistons are custom made to sit at deck height and not .001" higher, thats why vitaras are so serious, unless your not boostin that being the case id not even waste my time on building... hopefully u dont take over a year to build ur bottom end like ur best friend lol.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

If you're not boosting, there would be no point in running Vitara's...period. I would simply say there would be no point in even building an all-motor D series.

Sorry...it took me over a year to build because i actually had to make the money to be able to build my motor, since you actually thought my parent's paid for everything.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_SOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tru thats wassup.. an yeah doug gets mad at me when i bust his ***** so he dont talk to me anymore... w/e... but yeah dude, you can get a complete bottom end built on a D for under $1k easily, the machining is the only thing that takes time... my neighbors motor was pulled, built, an dropped back in, in a weekend so yeah timeframes only really depend on who does ur motor work... i guess mike is just super busy cuz it took them like over a year to do a basic build on dougs ****... he gotta lotta ****, but with it all layed out in front of you its really pretty simple thats why i [freak] wit him about it...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mike didn't build my motor. It only took so long because I had to have my charge piping custom made, we had to change a rear main seal, among other misc. bullshit after the engine was dropped in.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:51 PM

whoa whoa whoa... nothing wrong with the parentals helpin out with the funds... as long as you pay em back IMO
Old 10-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: vitara installation (1995Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1995Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you're not boosting, there would be no point in running Vitara's...period. I would simply say there would be no point in even building an all-motor D series.

Sorry...it took me over a year to build because i actually had to make the money to be able to build my motor, since you actually thought my parent's paid for everything.

Mike didn't build my motor. It only took so long because I had to have my charge piping custom made, we had to change a rear main seal, among other misc. bullshit after the engine was dropped in. </TD></TR></TABLE>

bro u kno i was just bustin ur *****, only cuz u talk **** to me too, its all jokes dude nothin i ever said was ever serious and intentionally being a dick so quit cryin lol...

got the hatchie gettin clean u should check out some pix, especially with the new wheels...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris_Spires &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whoa whoa whoa... nothing wrong with the parentals helpin out with the funds... as long as you pay em back IMO</TD></TR></TABLE>

definitely nothin wrong with parents helpin u out, but some people just claim it like they bought the **** and thats when they become ghey...