Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

very weird fuel problem please help maybe wiring. NO CEL, bat. light when ignition "on"

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default very weird fuel problem please help maybe wiring. NO CEL, bat. light when ignition "on"

ok fuel pump wont prime. 93 del sol SI w/ JDM ZC VTEC SOHC motor.

ive had alot of wiring problems since ive had this car but the've been fixed and ive had running motors in this car previous to this swap and its like the 10th one all together ive done so i assume everythings right im not new to this.

> when i turn the ignition switch to the 'on' position:
1. my check engine light DOES NOT come on then turn off, i dont see it at all
2. my main relay clicks, then clicks again, then clicks after a few seconds (like it does when the fuel pump is done priming. ITS BRAND NEW
3. my fuel pump doesnt prime. ITS THE THIRD ONE IVE put in to make sure that wasnt the problem.
4. my battery light stays on from the time i turn the key to "on" till i turn it off. BUT battery never goes dead its new its good, and my lights wont dim even if i leave them on for like a hour or so... batterys not the problem.
5. if i try to roll down my back window all i get is a CLICK from one of the two smaller relays right beside the Main relay under the dash.

i have checked all the fuses, the main relay is the 3rd one ive tried (mine, then one from a working civic, then the one in their BRAND NEW). The fuelpump i have tried mine, a nother one out of a parts delsol i had, and one out of my friends running civic. ECU i have tried 4 different guarenteed working ECUS ranging from p06, p28 etc all manuals (cars a 5spd too).

Please people ive searched and searched if i can just get the fuel pump to prime i know i can have the car running in no time. i need help please only post if ur going to help or know something i should try. no flames this time i know to search and i have if u want to help and flame tell me something to search for.

btw main relay gets power. fuel pumps 3 prong connector gets power... but the two prong doesnt get power i dont know why.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: very weird fuel problem please help maybe wiring. NO CEL, bat. light when ignition "on" (ncskate

question... i read around and found out you could straight wire from battery to fuel pump through a switch, i figure i could live with that until i figure out whats wrong but what wire do i wire a postive to on the fuelpump? also would this cause the lines to build up too much pressure? or would it affect gas mileage? i know id have to turn it off when i cut the car off.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: very weird fuel problem please help maybe wiring. NO CEL, bat. light when ignition "on" (ncskate

SAME PROBLEM!
Old 07-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump same problem lets get an answer from the dead!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well im pretty sure ive diagnosed my problem and figured out a reasonable solution... 1998 CRV Automatic
-Car would start sometimes and die completely randomly
-No lights on the cluster would appear when the key is "on"
-Sometimes would die when i shifted from park but not always
-Just installed Fuel filter and Fuel Relay

Solution:
when turned to "on" and no cluster lights would appear i could give the key a little extra 1/8 of a turn and everything would appear as normal then i would start it and let the key go it would shut off but if i held the key in that 1/8 further posistion it would stay running so my conclusion is the ignition switch... Someone please correct me if this seems wrong but I will be ordering the switch tomorrow from honda....