Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Very important, need input!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very important, need input!

**This is not a sale thread, I simply need EVERYONES input...good and bad**

Ok, so I have a question that I know has been on everyone’s mind since there has been alot of auto thefts going on. Now that there is a section specifically for stolen cars/parts, would most of you consider spending the money on a GPS system? I know there are alot of people who spend lots of money on their cars but do not get the insurance to cover the cost of all the aftermarket parts. Limited Police equipped units have been around for years, what if you could take a GPS to the next level for instance.....

- Text messaging to your cell phone if your car alarm was violated?
- Track the vehicle your self through the Internet or on the phone with a represenitive?
- Send command to the starter circuit to disable the starter so the vehicle may not be started again?
- The ability to recover the vehicle before its stripped...not the next day on the side of the road in just a shell form because nothing notified you the car was stolen.

If there were a unit with no monthly fees, no activation fee and half the price of a "police dependant unit", would you consider it?

Thank you in advance

I picked this section b/c it has the most traffic so please feel free to give your opinions.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:22 AM

up
Old 04-05-2006, 11:31 AM

Default Re: (96ekinGA)

sounds like a good investment.. are you trying to sell something??
Old 04-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well i think it is easier to do what i do. just remove the ECU fuse. people usally dont check that when they are trying to steal a car. haha works great. but all those extras are good too. just to be on the safe side.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this for a Del Sol or Civic ?

If its a security question or input you need, better if this thread was posted in this forum: https://honda-tech.com/zeroforum?id=27
Old 04-05-2006, 12:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Del Sol SiR)

there are already gps tracking systems on the market. they have been out for a while now, and have all the features you listed. this is nothing new.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:21 PM

This is a UNIVERSAL question. I put it here b/c this section has alot of traffic. I am not trying to sell anything...if you read the thread closely, the very first line was "**This is not a sale thread, I simply need EVERYONES input...good and bad**"
Old 04-05-2006, 12:26 PM

"ihatejdm" you obviously do not understand the point of this exercise....I simply wanted to know if this is a practical product in this industry. Moreless if its marketable....
Old 04-05-2006, 12:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (96ekinGA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96ekinGA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"ihatejdm" you obviously do not understand the point of this exercise....I simply wanted to know if this is a practical product in this industry. Moreless if its marketable....</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, lojack and viper gps would not still be on the shelf if they weren't selling...

You obviously didn't understand my post, you're reinventing the wheel, even if all you're doing is a marketing study. Its been done before. Also, a forum where people drive the cheapest cars on the road may not be the best place to ask about one of the more expensive security measures.