Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

very frustrated! no brake no reverse lights!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default very frustrated! no brake no reverse lights!

godamnit. my brake/horn fuse keeps blowing. i went through like 2-3 fuses already. gonna look for the break in wire tomorrow. any other causes for this?

also my reverse dont work. the switch is plugged in, fuses are good, bulbs are fine. one day it just stopped working. i got a continuity tester and in helm manual it says test between A and b. so does that mean I connect one end on the switch and one end probe on the corresponding wire on the wire that leads into the car? also the clip is too big to clip the metal can i just clip the wire instead?
Old 03-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: very frustrated! no brake no reverse lights! (ZipTieGuy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ZipTieGuy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">godamnit. my brake/horn fuse keeps blowing. i went through like 2-3 fuses already. gonna look for the break in wire tomorrow. any other causes for this?

also my reverse dont work. the switch is plugged in, fuses are good, bulbs are fine. one day it just stopped working. i got a continuity tester and in helm manual it says test between A and b. so does that mean I connect one end on the switch and one end probe on the corresponding wire on the wire that leads into the car? also the clip is too big to clip the metal can i just clip the wire instead?</TD></TR></TABLE>

usually if a fuse is blowing it's because there's a wire grounding out... there are other ways (overloading the circuit, namely), but that's the most common.... try looking for the short any any of the places where the wire wouldn't be wrapped up tight in the loom, or where it's subject to getting damaged.... you probably aren't going to be overloading the circuit unless you've added a bunch of crap in.

and I just posted an answer to the other question in your other thread.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have no continuity in my reverse switch so I need to take it out to further test or replace. I cant take it out though no room, anyone got any tips?

also i checked my brakes and i dont see any exposed wires, still check into it later

couldnt do much today cuz it was rianing off and on