Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Vehicle Speed Sensor question??

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle Speed Sensor question??

I have a J1 Cable tranny and i think my VSS is broken or the wiring is messed up....

if i would need to replace the vss does anyone know for sure what i can use to replace it???

Old 08-18-2003, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Vehicle Speed Sensor question?? (degooser)

what is it doing to make you think this?
Old 08-18-2003, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by degooser &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if i would need to replace the vss does anyone know for sure what i can use to replace it???

</TD></TR></TABLE>

ummm....another vss sensor?
Old 08-18-2003, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vehicle Speed Sensor question?? (blackhatchy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackhatchy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ummm....another vss sensor?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was just thinking the same thing . get the vss from the same tranny type that you have. all b series vss aren't interchaneable.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Vehicle Speed Sensor question?? (civicdxtyper)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicdxtyper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i was just thinking the same thing . get the vss from the same tranny type that you have. all b series vss aren't interchaneable.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well i was reading the ef forum and some dude had a cable b series tranny and tried to use a vss from a 92-95 and it didnt fit..
Old 08-18-2003, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Vehicle Speed Sensor question?? (DSeriesBKilla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DSeriesBKilla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is it doing to make you think this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

well i took off the plug to the vss cause my speed was going crazy and there was a lot of water and stuff in there...i am thinking its not making good contact...

so if the plug was not making good contact it would make the speedo go crazy?? or is it always the sensor??

half the time its fine and the other its not...
Old 08-18-2003, 04:10 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by degooser &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well i was reading the ef forum and some dude had a cable b series tranny and tried to use a vss from a 92-95 and it didnt fit..</TD></TR></TABLE>

they don't have sensors, they have speedo cables to the cabin.

Most b and d series are interchangable I believe.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Vehicle Speed Sensor question?? (Emerika)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Emerika &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

they don't have sensors, they have speedo cables to the cabin.

Most b and d series are interchangable I believe.</TD></TR></TABLE>

cause he was using the jdm cluster and from my understanding u need to get rid of that cable for the cluster to work...and use an electric vss.....

so does anyone know for sure if all b and d vss's are the same??

*cliffs...

-vss for a b-series cable tranny

-are all b and d vss the same and will it fit in my tranny..

thanks
Old 08-18-2003, 05:28 PM

anyone?
Old 08-18-2003, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by degooser &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
-vss for a b-series cable tranny

-are all b and d vss the same and will it fit in my tranny..

thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude, didn't you see my above thread? all honda vss are NOT the same. here's an example: my friend put in a 92-93 gsr tranny in his 95 gsr because his old tranny case had a crack in it. the 92-93 gsr vss did NOT plug in to the harness; the plug was a different shape. he had to take out the vss out of his stock tranny and put it in the new tranny.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicdxtyper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

dude, didn't you see my above thread? all honda vss are NOT the same. here's an example: my friend put in a 92-93 gsr tranny in his 95 gsr because his old tranny case had a crack in it. the 92-93 gsr vss did NOT plug in to the harness; the plug was a different shape. he had to take out the vss out of his stock tranny and put it in the new tranny.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well i kinda figured that out but im asking what can i use to replace it?? anything other than a jdm cable tranny vss??

correct me if im wrong but aren't the 92-93 integra speedo's sensors use a cable not the sensor??
Old 08-18-2003, 10:41 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

dude, didn't you see my above thread? all honda vss are NOT the same. here's an example: my friend put in a 92-93 gsr tranny in his 95 gsr because his old tranny case had a crack in it. the 92-93 gsr vss did NOT plug in to the harness; the plug was a different shape. he had to take out the vss out of his stock tranny and put it in the new tranny.</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude, you're taling different generations then.

I used a 94 Si VSS with a SirII engine...worked fine
Old 08-18-2003, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i kinda figured that out but im asking what can i use to replace it?? anything other than a jdm cable tranny vss??

correct me if im wrong but aren't the 92-93 integra speedo's sensors use a cable not the sensor?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

i'll correct you, you're wrong . 92-93 integras are obd1, just like 94-95. they're electronic.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vehicle Speed Sensor question?? (Emerika)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Emerika &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

dude, you're taling different generations then.

I used a 94 Si VSS with a SirII engine...worked fine</TD></TR></TABLE>

you misunderstood my post. what i had meant was this: the sir2 vss probably wouldn't plug into your 94 si plug; i'm guessing thats why you stuck in your old one. what i had said was that you can't take a vss from a totally different car and expect it to plug into your harness. the plug will be different a lot of times. however, yes, you can take the vss from your old tranny and stick it into your new one. my friend had to do the same thing as you; the 92-93 vss had a different plug, so he took his 95 vss and put it into the 92-93 tranny.