Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

vegas heads?

Old 06-16-2005, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vegas heads?

i just moved out here, any HT people here? what shops can i go to for parts, aftermarket and oem, same with body shops and paint shop. i need a good tuner also. thanks, i look forward to meeting you guys/gals
Peace
Old 06-16-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: vegas heads? (ThisLittleSleepeR)

Check out Factor X Engineering (702)-644-3278, they do all motor work and tuning, and some killer work. You can check out their work in the OCt 2003 honda tuning or hit up their website. http://www.factorxengineering.com/
Old 06-16-2005, 10:22 PM
#1 Super Guy

Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Re: vegas heads? (96CivicBoostCoupe)

Hello, I've lived here for about 15 years. Personally, I don't like doing the "shop" thing. I am a do-it-yourself kinda guy, and most of the shop crews turn up their noses at that. I've heard good things about Silver State Motorsports though. That's where all the Supras go for the big dyno challenges every year. My friend used to be room mates with the owners girlfriend, so they would always hang out at the shop. I was told they were good at tuning Honda's, but I don't have any personal experience.

As for buying parts, I only go for factory direct, or ebay. If you try to buy parts at honda (other than drain plug washers & fluids), your goina get *** raped. There are 3 honda stealerships in Las Vegas, and only 1 Acura. All three don't really cater to perfromance guys (even though they have rice lookin longblocks sittin' around). Your best bet is to order from either http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com, or http://www.slhondaparts.com. They have discount prices instead of markup prices, and the shipping is pretty quick.

It's nice meeting you, and good luck with everything in Vegas. A word of caution for you thouhg, watchout for the SUV driving soccer moms on their ******* cell phones though. Your gonna see some crazy **** on the roads out here...
Old 06-16-2005, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: vegas heads? (94eg!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94eg! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> A word of caution for you thouhg, watchout for the SUV driving soccer moms on their ******* cell phones though. Your gonna see some crazy **** on the roads out here... </TD></TR></TABLE> i second that... o and btw u should check out CNC motorsports they have cool people that would work things out for you..umm stay away from Regulate! they will rip your wallet apart with theyre prices.... and try RXR Performance.. on Tropicana and Arville they do alot of work there and even paint my friend works there his name is Glas. u should go check him out sometime and tell him Jose sent u.. hope you like it here in vegas.. peace
Old 06-16-2005, 10:54 PM

go check out rated x they got some fast honda there. RXR
Old 06-17-2005, 09:47 AM
#1 Super Guy

Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Re: (trucdoken)

Oh yeah, if your looking for great mechanics (for regular work), you should check out Integrity Auto Service. It's a couple older guys that only work on Honda/Acura. These guys are totally honest, and they are the only ones I feel comfortable with working on my cars. My sister originally found them because she needed a wheel stud replaced. They quoted her $120 because the hub needed to be removed. When she came to pick up the car, they said it would only be $10. It turned out the stud could just be knocked out w/o removing the hub at all. I was really blown away by this because most shops would have just charged her the $120, and not said anything.

They also know their ****. They are always quick to point out any hybrid parts on my Civic, and they love to chat about them. I spent an hour just BS'n with them last time I went to pick up my car.

Anyways, their shop is on Valley View, half a block south of the Flamingo (by the Rio) on the West side of the street. You can't miss em, their just before the train tracks when your headed south...
Old 06-17-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: (94eg!)

Whatever you do, don't buy any of your parts from Acnme Motorsports. I've been there twice and they're shop is always loaded with 15 year olds sitting around doing absolutely nothing. Very unprofessional and most of their parts are replica or E-gay. If I were you I would stick to "Do It Yourself." If you're looking for quality parts? Buy them used off H-T. Everything on my car is from H-T.

BUY ONLINE. You will save yourself A LOT of money.
Old 06-18-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: (SRCivic97)

thanks for the info guys, im still trying to get use to the traffic, i need to learn the back street around town. im still dont know where all the major streets are around here, but i just found out that the belt way goes all the way around . aiight then, i hope to meet some of you guys/ gals soon. thanks for the quick replies