Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Valve lash and spark plug gap?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Valve lash and spark plug gap?

What are some of you guys running your valve lash at with Crower valvesprings and retainers and a Zex stage 2 street/strip cam in a d16y8?

What are some of you guys running you spark plug gap at with Eage/Vitara (8.6:1) in a d16y8 with NGK bkre7s??

I've got them both at stock spec right now but my car sounds like a pissed off sewing machine as far as the vavlespring and retainers go and for the spark plugs I don't notice anything different, I'm just curious
Old 10-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Valve lash and spark plug gap? (EX-T)

I dont have an answer on your valve adjustment except its too loose, you will have to read your plugs, that takes some experience too but pull one out and try to explain it to us and we will try to help, I think the valve adj needs to come first, drive around for a couple of days then read your plug.

EDIT
What is the MAP sensor voltage back to the computer, should be under one volt, just under.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What the hell are you talking about reading my plugs? I just need to know what some peeps on here are putting their stuff at!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

AND some peeps dont run stock plugs based from what they look like, if you dont know how to read plugs then its kewl dude, let us hook you up for a few more horses. How can you set a plug gap if its burning lean or rich, got to read it and set it or change the heat range.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Valve lash and spark plug gap? (Duane_in_Japan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Duane_in_Japan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">AND some peeps dont run stock plugs based from what they look like, if you dont know how to read plugs then its kewl dude, let us hook you up for a few more horses. How can you set a plug gap if its burning lean or rich, got to read it and set it or change the heat range.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Obviously BKRE7s are not stock plugs! They are colder! I just want to know what gap others are using. I'm not asking for you to tune my car!
Old 10-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its all good, the spark plug was designed to run at, lets say 1.1mm gap (OEM), if your engine does not like that then dont change the gap, change the heat range based from what the inner portion looks like. You have not received any other answer back yet contradiction this but lets see who adjusts their gap as you are requesting.