Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

VAFC Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VAFC Help

Im hoping one of you can help me out here. Im looking for an active link to a Vafc wiring diagram, Everyone I come accross doesn't seem to work. hopefully one of you have a link that works

Thanks
Old 06-11-2008, 09:40 AM
koa
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: VAFC Help (CTR_B)

http://www.apexi-usa.com/support_wiring.asp
Old 06-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: VAFC Help (koa)

Thanks, That really helped

I have another question though, Can I turn the fuel ratio up with out the vtec hook up?
Old 06-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CTR_B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks, That really helped

I have another question though, Can I turn the fuel ratio up with out the vtec hook up?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You have a non-vtec engine?

Yes you can turn up the fuel curve without with or without VTEC.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: VAFC Help (B serious)

No I have A vtec engine lol, Look at the S/n It tells all. I just like the engaugement that is already set by my ecu. It seems to be better then if the vafc controls it IMO lol So I never hooked it up. I want to be able to turn the fuel up in the upper RPM's But I didn't know if it would be possible with out the vtec hooked up to the vafc.

Would you happen to know which setting I would go into to adjust the fuel in the upper RPM's?

And before anyone say something stupid about A dyno tune I am going to get one done this weekend I just want to know how to adjust it is all.

Thanks
Old 06-11-2008, 12:47 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CTR_B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No I have A vtec engine lol, Look at the S/n It tells all. I just like the engaugement that is already set by my ecu. It seems to be better then if the vafc controls it IMO lol So I never hooked it up. I want to be able to turn the fuel up in the upper RPM's But I didn't know if it would be possible with out the vtec hooked up to the vafc.

Would you happen to know which setting I would go into to adjust the fuel in the upper RPM's?

And before anyone say something stupid about A dyno tune I am going to get one done this weekend I just want to know how to adjust it is all.

Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well...there's no magical setting for the BEST fuel curve... which is why dyno tuning is nessecary to get the best amount of power out of it. Otherwise, dyno tuning would be obsolete and useless.

You will need to tune on the dyno for your setup, your driving conditions, etc etc. It's all unique to every application.

The VTEC will be left at the stock engagement point till you change it. It should still engage around 6Kish. If not, you can just change it to 6k. There's a LOT invovled with tuning. You will most likely have to move VTEC engagement around and mess around with fuel curves till you find something you like. There's a VTEC unmatch feature built into the VAFC also.

A good tuner who is trained to work with APEXi's electronics will be a great help. Or have the tuner read and understand the manual.

However, a VAFC isn't really the best tuning tool. There's no ignition timing adustment among other things.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok but what setting do I go into too change the fuel curve?
Old 06-11-2008, 12:56 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CTR_B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok but what setting do I go into too change the fuel curve?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The high and low throttle settings.

Dude were you lying about dyno tuning this car? What's wrong with the stock tuning? What other parts do you have on the car that you want to tune it?

You'll end up losing power if you're just hitting buttons.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No Im not lying about the dyno tune. I am going to pull the vafc completely out for a hondata S200, But my car doesnt seem like its getting enough fuel. I need to be able to drive it to the shop to get it tuned so I was hoping that this would be temp fix till then.

My car pops and smells like its really lean, which it probaly is at 8psi this is why I was hoping that the vafc would add enough fuel to make it drivable 15mi or so.

If you want to know what I have done look in my sig and click the link
Old 06-11-2008, 06:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CTR_B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No Im not lying about the dyno tune. I am going to pull the vafc completely out for a hondata S200, But my car doesnt seem like its getting enough fuel. I need to be able to drive it to the shop to get it tuned so I was hoping that this would be temp fix till then.

My car pops and smells like its really lean, which it probaly is at 8psi this is why I was hoping that the vafc would add enough fuel to make it drivable 15mi or so.

If you want to know what I have done look in my sig and click the link</TD></TR></TABLE>

just dont beat on it for 15 miles. If you dont boost, it's like having a NA car. That's a little easier than ghetto tuning a VAFC.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

point taken