Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

V6 EK Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default V6 EK Build

Found this link to an EK V6 build. He uses the Hasport Mounts to get it in there.

You guys think this would still be a semi bolt in swap with the EK instead of EG chassis? My concern is the actual mounting of the motor, I know the wiring and so on will be quite a task.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1215366
Old 04-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: V6 EK Build

there has been eg, ek, dc, and i think an ef or 2 that have gotten the j-series swap. go to youtube and look it up. as far as i understand it will bolt in fine but the wiring is very different. but hell...im not 100% sure on that.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by slo_hatch
there has been eg, ek, dc, and i think an ef or 2 that have gotten the j-series swap. go to youtube and look it up. as far as i understand it will bolt in fine but the wiring is very different. but hell...im not 100% sure on that.

I have watched every V6 swapped Honda on youtube already. What I WANT TO KNOW is if I can use the 92-95 Hasport mounts in an EK with little issues. I know that the wiring will be hell, I'm OK with that.

Is there somewhere I can get information on frame rail width, how far they are from eachother, things like that and compare it with the EG info.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by paton5g
Found this link to an EK V6 build. He uses the Hasport Mounts to get it in there.

You guys think this would still be a semi bolt in swap with the EK instead of EG chassis? My concern is the actual mounting of the motor, I know the wiring and so on will be quite a task.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1215366
LOL Dude, thats my build.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice cup holder
Old 04-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by splatV6
LOL Dude, thats my build.
DUDE, we need to talk. I need as much info as you can give me about this. I searched up and down for info on this while I was on your photo page. On a scale of 1-5 how difficult was this over an EG swap? Anything special need to be done as far as getting the motor bolted in? I want to do this in an EK very badly. I have my J swap. A J32 Type S with everything I need minus mounts and axles. I'm really having a hard time deciding EK or EG. I can't find an EG in good shape up here (Canada) they're all rust buckets.

Last edited by paton5g; 04-12-2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 04-12-2009, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am really praying (and I mean really), that you are only using that hood to clear the motor? Even at that, tilt up a stock one or something, that thing is RICE.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SOHC_civic_si
I am really praying (and I mean really), that you are only using that hood to clear the motor? Even at that, tilt up a stock one or something, that thing is RICE.
I'm sure it's just a mock up hood. Or something for the time being. Unless it's permanent and a way of getting that "Oh my god" response when a riced out V6 equipped Civic dominates you.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice work yo!
Old 04-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SOHC_civic_si
Dude, i dont think you under stand how high this thing sits, trust me when i say i cant stand this hood......really, but i dont have a choice on it, but we are still working on it to make it simple and ......try to flow with the body lines.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

god damn that motor does sit high as fack. after i get my single cam turbo set up done this month, i am going to start to order parts to do a v6 in an eg for the summer.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by paton5g
DUDE, we need to talk. I need as much info as you can give me about this. I searched up and down for info on this while I was on your photo page. On a scale of 1-5 how difficult was this over an EG swap? Anything special need to be done as far as getting the motor bolted in? I want to do this in an EK very badly. I have my J swap. A J32 Type S with everything I need minus mounts and axles. I'm really having a hard time deciding EK or EG. I can't find an EG in good shape up here (Canada) they're all rust buckets.

I cant give to much on this, because.........im not really building it, i have to pay someone, i work 7 day 13 hours a day, + the amount of wireing that needs to be done is overwhelming that i had to find someone to do it for me.
But on a good side to this, he's also working on a Eg hatch with that same motor you have.
This is what i can tell you.
With the Ek, the shifter can still sit under the OEM cover, juts need to cut a opening for the shift cable's.
The Eg, needs to be cut out like a K swap to go under the car

The motor sits way to faward, so this is no track monster.....its more Drag

Getting the motor in is just as you where to do a K swap, cutting both mounts and welding in the new.

Then you have to worry about the tack, my friend found out how to use the OEM tack instead of useing a aftermarket one.

Then there's the headers, it has to line up to your new exhaust.

There are a lot of other things to but my friend told me to keep it on the DL.

So if you still want some more info, let me know and ill give you my friends number so you can call him, and you might work somthing out.

Oh, on a side note, the other guy who is droping the J32 in his Eg, is also going to be going Turbo.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=16259130
lol, why i wont be doing this soon
Old 04-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Are there any mounts that is able to put the J series under the stock civic hood? There is a couple vids of EKs that claims to have a v6 with the stock hood.....
Old 04-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D3vin
Are there any mounts that is able to put the J series under the stock civic hood? There is a couple vids of EKs that claims to have a v6 with the stock hood.....
There is only one mount kit available for the J-series swaps and currently they are only available for the fifth generation Civics (92-95) and the third generation Integras (94-01) and the 92-97 Del Sol and it is available from Hasport marketed as the EGJ1 mount kit, but I have heard that they are designing a mount kit for other chassis. That being said, "the J-series engine is a tall engine. It is much taller than the H22 and K-series engines. Hasport engine mounts are designed to hold the engine with the same ground clearance you would find on a K-series engine swapped vehicle. The engine sticks up several inches above the hood line. A custom or modified hood is needed"

All the videos or pictures you have seen of vehicles with this swap that have retained a stock appearing hood, have drastically compromised the ground clearance of their vehicle, so it is unpractical to have a stock hood with this swap.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

crzy! is it running yet? this is the first time i've seen this, seriously...mad props...
Old 04-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by I AM WEASEL
There is only one mount kit available for the J-series swaps and currently they are only available for the fifth generation Civics (92-95) and the third generation Integras (94-01) and the 92-97 Del Sol and it is available from Hasport marketed as the EGJ1 mount kit, but I have heard that they are designing a mount kit for other chassis. That being said, "the J-series engine is a tall engine. It is much taller than the H22 and K-series engines. Hasport engine mounts are designed to hold the engine with the same ground clearance you would find on a K-series engine swapped vehicle. The engine sticks up several inches above the hood line. A custom or modified hood is needed"

All the videos or pictures you have seen of vehicles with this swap that have retained a stock appearing hood, have drastically compromised the ground clearance of their vehicle, so it is unpractical to have a stock hood with this swap.
Very nicely said.

Originally Posted by ek4_b16a
crzy! is it running yet? this is the first time i've seen this, seriously...mad props...
This is the only one right now.....but since i have the car back from the shop for the summer, ill post more video later on her driving.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUPp9...e=channel_page
Old 04-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

fawk I want one of those.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn sick!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they sound incredible too, i can't wait to see this build finished, and many more to come. when i got my issue of honda tuning where they did the white hatch my jaw dropped, i was never so interested by something haha
Old 04-30-2009, 10:17 PM

that thing is sick bro! just wish it didnt sit so high, the hood looks terrible
Old 05-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by splatV6
Very nicely said.

This is the only one right now.....but since i have the car back from the shop for the summer, ill post more video later on her driving.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUPp9...e=channel_page
how's the hood on the swap?
Old 05-01-2009, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My brother and i are still working on it, we just did this to cover up the motor a little.