Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

V-TEC Solenoid....

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-TEC Solenoid....

OK i have two V-TEC solenoids, one from my other motor the other from a motor I swaped into my EJ8. Both are Y8 motors. My question is, the motor I just swaped was or used to be an automatic. I know because of how the Intake Mani. looks like in the back. Anyway, I read in a thread that the V-TEC can run out? WOW is this guy just messing around or is it true?? WEIRD! I am thinking about putting my original Solenoid back onto my recent swap!! Help anyone???
Old 08-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Electrician

See, you are a ricer. V-TEC? All these months here and you still type it as V-TEC? J/K.

Check that the VTEC solenoid is engaging. Get 12-volts to it and you should hear it click. Are you having VTEC problems?
Old 08-18-2005, 10:33 AM

Default Re: V-TEC Solenoid.... (*****est_raver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by *****est_raver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anyway, I read in a thread that the V-TEC can run out? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you tell him to fill it up with vtec fluid?

1. Check oil level
2. Check voltage to solenoid
3. Check solenoid gasket
4. <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Deemeetree &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you having VTEC problems?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, why would you swap the old one on there?

-Shane
Old 08-18-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: (Deemeetree)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Deemeetree &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">See, you are a ricer. V-TEC? All these months here and you still type it as V-TEC? J/K.

Check that the VTEC solenoid is engaging. Get 12-volts to it and you should hear it click. Are you having VTEC problems?</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol demeetree!!! hahaha..you are funny man!! i still love you though.hehehe!! I still like your old avatar Jessica alba is HAWT!!!!

lol, i notice that my "VTEC" (happy) isnt kicking in as strong as before!! ERR, it doest pick up as strong...my problem is WTH!!! How do I check it? One end to the battery, and the other to the solenoid??
Old 08-18-2005, 11:05 AM

Default Re: V-TEC Solenoid.... (nighttrain33)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nighttrain33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Did you tell him to fill it up with vtec fluid?

1. Check oil level
2. Check voltage to solenoid
3. Check solenoid gasket

Yeah, why would you swap the old one on there?

-Shane</TD></TR></TABLE>

gasket?? theres a gasket on it?? My oil level is always perfect!! My main question is the voltage check?? EKK!! im scared to get 12V's of shock at my figer tips..hehehe..if you guys can help me how to check it i'll be happy!!

LOL, that means you too demeetree!! You the best Mod on here!!! YAY!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 02:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by *****est_raver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL, that means you too demeetree!! You the best Mod on here!!! YAY!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

You'd better check your nose. I think I see some brown.

You need to get a voltmeter to test the vtec solenoid. You need to put the black prong to the chassis and the red one to the blue/black (hot when ignition is on) wire of the vtec solenoid to see if it is getting power. Of course you have to have the key in the "on" position.

And yes, there is a gasket in the vtec solenoid that should be changed every once in a while.

-Shane
Old 08-18-2005, 04:01 PM

remove the solenoid but first check it if it is engaging..run cerrent straight to it and see if it clicks..if it does it is working..then it could be the signal from the computer.. you could also try grounding the solenoid with a 4/8 awg wire..that also helps...worst case..remove it clean it out with say..some wd40 scrape out any muck from out of it..do you get a check light that shows vtec switch or another that shows vtec sloenoid??.....well check the solenoid for signs of muck in it..then check the oil pressure in ur head..
Old 08-18-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: V-TEC Solenoid.... (nighttrain33)

it could be getting signal..the test light will only show if it is getting a signal..it could a csase where it is getting a signal but it is too weak...only a multimeter would show this...
Old 08-19-2005, 06:17 AM

Default Re: V-TEC Solenoid.... (unclepowers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nighttrain33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You'd better check your nose. I think I see some brown.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

INNNNNNDeed i see some brown....yummy it taste good too lol thats for the tip man i shall go home tonight and test it!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by unclepowers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">remove the solenoid but first check it if it is engaging..run cerrent straight to it and see if it clicks..if it does it is working..then it could be the signal from the computer.. you could also try grounding the solenoid with a 4/8 awg wire..that also helps...worst case..remove it clean it out with say..some wd40 scrape out any muck from out of it..do you get a check light that shows vtec switch or another that shows vtec sloenoid??.....well check the solenoid for signs of muck in it..then check the oil pressure in ur head..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks too man!! I will check if it is getting power! But see thats not my main concern! I said it isnt kicking in as <U>strong</U> as it used to, but i will do as you guys said.

And i am surprised demeetree didnt reply! hehehehe...I WANNA BE MOD TOO....J/K...i guess i am not as smart as..well umm...the mods on here!