Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Using a '92 Civic engine and drivetrain in a minibuggy...what am I getting into?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using a '92 Civic engine and drivetrain in a minibuggy...what am I getting into?

I've been tetering on the fence about this for months...but someone just dropped a '95 coupe on the block for $300 and...if it runs....that seals it for me. So research and question time!

1. First thing is what all do I need to yank out of this car? Keep in mind I'm going to be pressed to get the engine pulled and the car gone pronto so I'll likely be going at this with all the surgical precision my sawzall can handle. I know I'll need the ECU. It's an automatic car so is there another ECU for the tranny or does the main one handle it? Is there anything in the engine bay not bolted to the engine/tranny that will be required to run properly? It's going to be using an inline fuel pump and I'm using my own tach/oil/temp clocks...will I need to save any of the dash wiring?

2. I may want to swap to a manual transmission...will I need anything other than transmission, flywheel, and a clutch kit?

3. The car has been wrecked on both ends...is there anything between that's actually worth the effort of saving to sell?

4. Are there any typical quirks or problems I should know about before I get into this?

Thanks in advance!