Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

URGENT: TYC Spoon-Style mirrors.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default URGENT: TYC Spoon-Style mirrors.

My passenger mirror was partially knocked off in an accident a while ago. I never really got it taken care of other than JB-Welding or Duct Taping it back on. The original mirror was cracked several times, so I got one off of a 4-door civic from a junkyard (mine is a coupe). I have decided to get new mirrors altogether. OEM mirrors cost a fortune ($200 each new, $150 from a junkyard!) so I have decided to get Spoon-style mirrors. I have a cf hood already, and I am having the car painted in a month or two, so I have decided on some TYC glossy-black paintable mirrors.

Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33649

Are these decent mirrors? The connecting area (gasket, electrical connector, bolts) look better than some of the other stuff on eBay. Is the passenger mirror a wide-perspective mirror like the OEM one? Or do they both reflect at 1x? This auction ends tomorrow so I need some quick info!

Thanks for your help guys/girls
Old 02-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: URGENT: TYC Spoon-Style mirrors. (smores)

stay stock
Classifieds has mirrors cheap just look for parting post
Old 02-01-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: URGENT: TYC Spoon-Style mirrors. (komat)

I think I might get them to see what they're like. If they look dumb I can always sell them as "like new." Currently my car is red, but I want to swtich to a black metallic, or the gunmetal like on the 02 Acura TL. That gunmetal looks so sick, and it's not a common color for civics. A lot of people around here get their cars painted Electron Blue Pearl like the '00 Si, but if it's not an Si it shouldn't have an Si paint job IMO .

I think the Spoon mirrors will be a nice touch, because I haven't seen anyone in my area with them yet. I'm also switching my now-outdated euro tails for the Stock ones, JDM tails, or those nifty EK-style EX lights (I've got the 94 EX coupe). I like to look mostly stock with a twist No kits or spoilers or any BS for me!
Old 02-01-2005, 06:36 PM

i have some carbon fiber spoon style for sale
Old 02-01-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: URGENT: TYC Spoon-Style mirrors. (drunknbass)

thanks, but I don't want the cf mirrors. I think a cf hood is enough. If the weave doesn't match it's gonna look retarded.

How did you like the function of the mirrors, did they work ok? Are they TYC brand?
Old 02-04-2005, 04:50 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by smores &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks, but I don't want the cf mirrors. I think a cf hood is enough. If the weave doesn't match it's gonna look retarded.

How did you like the function of the mirrors, did they work ok? Are they TYC brand?</TD></TR></TABLE>
the weave matches my hood and looks like 99% of the cf weaves ive ever seen.
i actually sell them, along with hoods, duckbills, seats, spoliers, etc
they are really nice, makes the car look 100x better