Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Urgent Help with dead Engine... (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/urgent-help-dead-engine-940498/)

Feriofan 07-27-2004 09:32 PM

Urgent Help with dead Engine...

Well I need some help.... I have a 95 Honda Civic Dx with the 1.5L. D15B7 I think

I posted about a problem with my engine runing kind of weird... So I got some answers and I decided to look under my hood and check for any leaks near the throttle.. So I had one of my friends helping me looking under the hood and listening for noises... And this dude made the mistake of accidentally pulling the wire that connects the spark-plug on what i think is #4 cilinder (the one closer to the distributor cap). So he pulled the wire off the Distributor and the car started to shake and in less than 5 seconds it turn off.
We placed the wire back to the distributor cap and try to start the car again and when I turn the key the car will try start but the starter will keep going and going and the engine will not start...
I tried several things like checking the fuse box under the driver side dash panel and the one under the hood near the battery and all of them are OK...
I tried cleaning the Distributor cap and also try to use a different set of wires..... then I also try taking the battery of and using a new one.... and the same...
I need some fast help.. please.. since this is my daily driver car.. and I have not Idea of what else can I try... I ran out of ideas since I'm not that experienced with this kind of problems...... Can I get some help please...!!!! ASAP!!
Please let me know if I'm not making any sense so I can try to explain.. Is just that I'm kind of freaking out... http://images.honda-tech.com/set1//smile/emcrook.gif
Thanks!!

ABK 07-27-2004 09:43 PM

Re: Urgent Help with dead Engine... (Feriofan)

check the coil maybe it decide to take dump, along with the ignitor.

busta 07-27-2004 09:45 PM

um...check your plugs?

Feriofan 07-27-2004 09:56 PM

Re: Urgent Help with dead Engine... (ABK)

I took the distributor cap off... and I know the midle part is the rotor... And look a little dirty I clean that residue off and also cleaned the cap (the four metal contacts inside of it) I seriously never took apart a distributor before, so I try to take the rotor off to have accress to the rest of the parts, but I could not get it off.. I try to look around and I could not see anything holding it...So I keep pulling but could make it come off... Can you please guide me on this...??

ABK 07-27-2004 10:04 PM

there is a screw underneath the rotor that's holding it to the shaft. is the dirty, orange rusty looking?

Feriofan 07-27-2004 10:17 PM

Stuff just keeps getting better and better here... The shop light that I was using to iluminate the bay just died... I think I give up for tonight... I will try tomorrow with day light since I cannot see anything in here with the garage lights on...And also I will not be able to get any parts at midnight... =-/

Just one more question ( due to ignorance =-)... How can I tell if the Ignition coil and the igniter are damaged... will they be burned...?? or is there a resistence that will be gone... ??
And also how much will cost to replace them???

Thanks a lot for your help...
And girl friend ride or Bus... here we go!!!!

Donkey85 07-27-2004 10:22 PM

check your grounds/cables going to the starter its self for any krusty shit

ABK 07-27-2004 10:24 PM

Re: Urgent Help with dead Engine... (Donkey85)

use seach because I don't know the resistance numbers. coil could be $100 to replace. if I were u I would try to source a d series dizzy and just replace the coil with that one.

OpTiX619 07-27-2004 10:27 PM

are the wires plugged into the distributer in the right order?

Feriofan 07-29-2004 10:35 AM

Well I'm still not able to make the car start.. it still cranks but not to a complete start. I was planing to get a new distributor since per my calls is cheaper than get all the part separately ( ignitor coil, etc.). But this is my question now... I called some shop to see if they had a distributor there, and this guy told me that was better if I get the car down there and they can install it for me, he said that if I take the original distributor and install a new one.. If I don't have the right timming to start it that will blow my engine.. Is this true?? Like I said I never took one of these things apart so I'm learning in the process.. could this happen? or if I install the new one and make the car start and drive it to get the timing set should be fine???

Donkey85 08-01-2004 07:37 AM

no it wouldn't blow your engine, if anything it would just run like total shit i'd call around to another shop if i heard that

Feriofan 08-01-2004 10:15 AM

Re: Urgent Help with dead Engine... (Donkey85)

Finally After 3 days of work in my engine and $100.00 on parts ... my engine is runing again... I took it for a drive and seems to be working fine...
Thanks a lot for all the info....!!

99lsvtec20 08-01-2004 10:28 AM

have you tried the coil?