Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Urgent !! About to replace all the b series mounts.need advise again please.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent !! About to replace all the b series mounts.need advise again please.

i am about to replace the b series mounts in an hour and previous owner has the cheapo mounts.i have got some hasport mounts and ready to go on .but i need some advise about the rear mount.
first. did i need to jack up the car for the rear mount and second do i have to remove the rear T bracket?
can someone show me real detail steps.i will be very appreciate..
and merry christmas guys. Pic below.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:56 AM

Ill try to help you dont know if im correct or not. The first thing is jack the car up so you can fit under there. Remove the passanger side tranny mount, both of it, and loosen the rear mount. Then have some one pull the motor towards them while you try to slip the rear t bracket of.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Best way in my opinion to do so is place wood block on jack place the jack under by the t bracket and the block/tranny.

I Would Put very light pressure on the jack and motor and start removing the Driver Side Mount Which applies more weight to the motor make sure its centered correctly so i doesnt fall or slip off the jack. I then would start with removing the bolt on the T bracket on the rear in the back with the motor mount.

Once removing the bolt 2 of the motor mounts are now disconnected and the motor should have a lot of slack and be able to jack up the motor quite a few inches!

Its simple and you would start by replacing the driver side and then using a very long extension and a breaker bar to break the 3 bolts that hold the torque motor mount (rear-under intake manifold). Then with about 4-5 inches of space the mount should wiggle out of its place and come out from under the car or by the intake manifold on the driver side by the alternator.

Good luck.

I hope you dont have GSR lol. Intake mani is a bitch to get around! LMAO.

P.S Use a long 2x4x10 to pry the motor towards the radiator lol or a steel pole. Hope it works out man! It came to be a beautiful day here in MD too too bad my motor is in storage and my shell is just sitting til spring.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: (StreetRacinThug)

I hope you dont have GSR lol. Intake mani is a bitch to get around! LMAO

LMFO 2 long hours baby!!!
Old 12-25-2007, 09:07 AM