Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Upper Control arm's directional?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upper Control arm's directional?

I got some new MOOG upper control arms and I'm wondering are they directional? I noticed the castings have some "dog ears" do these indicate a direction and side of the car they should be installed on?

Name:  tslpOpB.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  1.64 MB
Old 02-18-2015, 07:12 PM
GDD Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Upper Control arm's directional?

Easiest thing to do is get the part number from the box they came out of and google it up to see which side it goes to.

If you already mixed up the boxes, then look at the control arms, one of the arms of the V is slightly longer than the other. The longer arm goes towards the rear of the vehicle.

The dog bone is extra casting for mass production. I believe it's actual purpose is to hold a clip for the ABS sensor wiring harness on models that have ABS.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Upper Control arm's directional?

Originally Posted by slomofo
Easiest thing to do is get the part number from the box they came out of and google it up to see which side it goes to.

If you already mixed up the boxes, then look at the control arms, one of the arms of the V is slightly longer than the other. The longer arm goes towards the rear of the vehicle.

The dog bone is extra casting for mass production. I believe it's actual purpose is to hold a clip for the ABS sensor wiring harness on models that have ABS.
Thanks for the info. Looks like I'm gonna have to measure to figure out which side is longer. My friend brought them over already out of the package.