Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Upgrading my civic help plz!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading my civic help plz!

which motor should i buy for a 4dr civic, i know i might get flame for a 4dr but i dont want a hb and i wouldnt mind a 2dr but atm i have a 4dr my dad gave me and i just bought an acura rsx type s i wanna leave it the way it is only adding rims n system or my dad will kill me, so i figured i would use that civic as my 1st master piece.

atm i have a D15b7 and its an auto -_- so i will be swaping tranny more then likely or this would be pointless i was thinking going h22 maybe? or should i just stick b18b or something along those lines. also i kno **** about trannies any info about a great motor tranny combo is appreciated.

also im on a budget, dont wanna go over 3-5k range cheaper the better considering i have a car payment now and i just spent some money on rims n stuff for my rsx.

let me know what u think i should do with this 93 civic dx 4dr.

other then scrap it
Old 05-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Upgrading my civic help plz! (Nacirema)

go to hmotors and get yourself a gsr complete swap it comes with motor/tranny/ecu $2500

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/s...30008
Old 05-12-2008, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Upgrading my civic help plz! (elektronsi)

damn that doesnt look bad at all.but before i buy off the net im going to go to a few jyards i know of about 11 within 20-30 min and 3 of them i know personally. all are foreign salvage yards. so nothing but hondas toyotas acuras. and i will know actual mileage that way, key is look for rear end or side damage altho that doesnt mean the motor will be in perfect shape but i could get it for a hundred bucks and a nice tranny also. not alot of people in my area ride hondas alot of nissans 240-300, elcipse lancers -_- so a good chance at being able to pick and chose at will.

kinda sucks when the role up beside u and u kno u cant hang :/ i wanna change that lol. my rsx stock could prolly keep up but i dont wanna race that just for show to expensive

Modified by Nacirema at 6:42 PM 5/12/2008
Old 05-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

turbo D16, way more HP than a GSR swap, and you dont have to worry with a bunch headache of swapping a motor, other than taking out your B7. Id say just get an A6 block and head, Eagle Rods, Vitara pistons if you wanna go the cheap route or SRPs if going forged a Bisi 1.2 turbo regrind with springs/retainers. Go-Autoworks.com for a turbo kit, which kit you get depends on what you want out of the car. Also, an EX/Si transmission and a good tune. Altogether probabl about 3g at most maybe a tad more and you can easily see 300whp out of that setup
Old 05-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Upgrading my civic help plz! (1.5Slowmatic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1.5Slowmatic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">turbo D16, way more HP than a GSR swap, and you dont have to worry with a bunch headache of swapping a motor, other than taking out your B7. Id say just get an A6 block and head, Eagle Rods, Vitara pistons if you wanna go the cheap route or SRPs if going forged a Bisi 1.2 turbo regrind with springs/retainers. Go-Autoworks.com for a turbo kit, which kit you get depends on what you want out of the car. Also, an EX/Si transmission and a good tune. Altogether probabl about 3g at most maybe a tad more and you can easily see 300whp out of that setup</TD></TR></TABLE>

and thats not alot of work?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elektronsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">go to hmotors and get yourself a gsr complete swap it comes with motor/tranny/ecu $2500

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/s...30008</TD></TR></TABLE>

you can swap in an H22 for less and STILL get better numbers

H22 FTW
Old 05-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Upgrading my civic help plz! (nix94delsol)

hell no its not. you can have the motor assembled for you and bolting on a turbo kit, especially one from Autoworks isnt hard at all, maybe a weekend at most with a buddy or two and your boosted.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1.5Slowmatic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">especially one from Autoworks isnt hard at all, maybe a weekend at most with a buddy or two and your boosted.</TD></TR></TABLE>

and how much is all this going to run you?

we did a Full H22a swap into an Ej1 for a hair over $2000

and your talking over 3k for a reliable turbo...

il take reliability and less cost thanks
Old 05-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you could piece together a turbo kit, using reputible charge piping and spend around 1200 or so. D Series turbo=Cheap reliable HP. YOu can hate on it all you want but facts are facts
Old 05-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1.5Slowmatic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you could piece together a turbo kit, using reputible charge piping and spend around 1200 or so. D Series turbo=Cheap reliable HP. YOu can hate on it all you want but facts are facts</TD></TR></TABLE>

are you tuning this on hopes and dreams?
Old 05-12-2008, 06:33 PM

with the h22 swap for 2k it might be more for mine considering the model and all. ive heard motor mounts axle correct me if im wrong. id like an h22 but what all would i ahve to modify on a 93 civic dx 4dr, well what all would i need. as far as mods to get the h22 to sit in my car.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/650329

everything is right there bud
Old 05-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

H2b FTW. Motor soon to be in my EJ1
Old 05-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EJcivicJDM7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJcivicJDM7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">H2b FTW. Motor soon to be in my EJ1</TD></TR></TABLE>

H2b is the Way2b
Old 05-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like this guy. ^^
Old 05-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its all about preference man. personally, i would do a turbo d-series on that kind of budget. a wise man once said that you can have a 300whp all-motor, but nothing registers on the butt dyno like a good 10lbs of boost.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Upgrading my civic help plz! (grandtheftlunchbox)

hmmm big decision. seeing as everyone agrees that they both have good things and bad things, im just gonna go with the 1 i can get a better deal on. id rather have the h22 due to not having to mess with turbo, but if i do the h22 ima have to modify a few things, not saying i wont have to with the d16 also.

btw i found a similar turbo kit local for 500 bucks. idk if its too good of a deal or some1 that doesnt have time or just happen to come across a steal and looking to make some quick cash. ima check it out today after work.

Question, ive read that if you go turbo you will have to get it tested and all kinds of ****, is that fact or fiction?

Modified by Nacirema at 1:17 PM 5/13/2008
Old 05-13-2008, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

like its been said its preference, i had a 99 ex coupe d16 turbo'd loved it.........
95 hatch........ b16 swap love it just as much, about the same money wise
work wise, not too much different, the swap is harder maybe but could be done in similar time if you have all the right tools and help, keep in mind, a swap runs fine on just the swap, to really run a turbo well, need new tune and upgraded fuel

yet.... i have heard of tilt issues with the h22 dont know how valid it is just heard it never really sat correctly in a civic, great engine great number, just heard it wasnt quite right.... I also enjoy having the engine thats in the car in japan, just my style

either way whatever you do if you do it right you get a thumbs up from me
Old 05-13-2008, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Upgrading my civic help plz! (btk2334)

do you mean upgraded fuel lines, or higher octain fuel? if it requires better fuel then 87 grade then no go lol, gas is $3.95 steady in my area, couldnt imagine putting higher grade fuel
Old 05-13-2008, 05:41 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

check that out and let me know if its a good deal. my dad is bitching cause i wanna go turbo so looks like ima go with the H22A, just wondering if that setup is worth it, comes with alot of **** that i will need.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

like we all have said dont trust anything off ebay and if you decide to put the h22 in definitaly do h2b cause have a lot of hp you end up breaking axels and you will have to trim off some of the block do some research before buying. I personally would go ls vtec
Old 05-14-2008, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Upgrading my civic help plz! (94civicgsr)

honestly i dont trust any online site with anything over 150 bucks. not saying ebay is legit
but if i were to buy a motor offline id buy it somewhere that offered a warranty and protection.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

fuel wise, youll need to upgrade your fuel pump and injectors. also could use a FPR. If your trying to stay on a budget, dollar for dollar, a turbo D is gonna make more power. Turbos can be just reliable as all motor, and your gonna have to run premium no matter what engine you swap in, be it turbo D, H, or B. And if going H, def. do H2B, cuz H transmissions suck in comparisson. But thats extra money and more work to do that. Heres a link to an H2B in an EG hatch
http://www.d-series.org/forums...69112
Old 05-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nacirema &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my dad is bitching cause i wanna go turbo so looks like ima go with the H22A</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1.5Slowmatic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">fuel wise, youll need to upgrade your fuel pump and injectors. also could use a FPR. If your trying to stay on a budget, dollar for dollar, a turbo D is gonna make more power. Turbos can be just reliable as all motor, and your gonna have to run premium no matter what engine you swap in, be it turbo D, H, or B. And if going H, def. do H2B, cuz H transmissions suck in comparisson. But thats extra money and more work to do that. Heres a link to an H2B in an EG hatch
http://www.d-series.org/forums...69112</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you cant read, hes going with the H series
Old 05-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ur 21 and ur dad will "kill you" if you modified you car?
Old 05-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Upgrading my civic help plz! (cuonglogan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cuonglogan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ur 21 and ur dad will "kill you" if you modified you car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

id be a little pissed if i GAVE my kid a car and he hacked it up too

Quick Reply: Upgrading my civic help plz!