Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

under gas tank exhaust pics please

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default under gas tank exhaust pics please

was wondering if anybody could post up your custom exhaust pics that go under the gas tank and then angle to the muffler so i can get a better idea where you guys are putting the bend.

thanks

found this post but if anybody can post any more pics that would be great
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1363278
Old 08-01-2006, 03:28 PM

Default Re: under gas tank exhaust pics please (jeffsciv23)

Sorry if its no good, but, its the only shot I have at hand........

Old 08-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: under gas tank exhaust pics please (AddictiveAllMotor)

holy **** that's low!
camry's do it, but they're at 4x4 height in stock form. but damn i've never seen that WITH a tie bar...
Old 08-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah for real, does it ever scrape?
Old 08-01-2006, 03:56 PM

Default Re: (jeffsciv23)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jeffsciv23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah for real, does it ever scrape?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not yet
Old 08-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: under gas tank exhaust pics please (AddictiveAllMotor)

why would u want your b pip to be under the gas tank
Old 08-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it's not any more dangerous than it being next to it.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: (thehatchninja)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thehatchninja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's not any more dangerous than it being next to it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That may be (depending on the proximity to the tank), but it also doesn't offer any real advantage and, compromises ground clearance by a considerable degree.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: (Padawan)

Not Mine.

Old 08-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Blazin Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blazin Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not Mine.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

lmfao, that looks so ghetto & broken underneath :-P
Old 08-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: (Blazin Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blazin Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not Mine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not yours what?
Old 08-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not yours what? </TD></TR></TABLE>

not his car
Old 08-01-2006, 06:58 PM

Default Re: (Sleepy_Red_hatch)

i dont see why...and I think it looks like ****!
Old 08-01-2006, 07:23 PM

just FYI, there is a system called VES, its a dump valve u can buy that opens under boost, and just run stock exhaust with 3 in downpipe, then use a manual boost controller to control where it opens, or u can get an electronic cutout, and with either, just run a hidden side exit, tis what i had on my jetta, i had electronic, was funny cuz i shaved the 1.8T part off the car and would just make it sound like i was revving hard (half throttle to almost redline) then when the race was staged open up the pipe as the poor bastard was picking up the revs for launch, scared them shitless...
Old 08-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: (Sleepy_Red_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sleepy_Red_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

not his car</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ah. I had forgotten that the original poster was looking for photos.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

preferably pics of under the car not the muffler slanted. all i have on my car at the moment is a RMF header to a 2.5" resonator and a turndown right before the gas tank, kinda loud to say the least . i have a summit turbo muffler that i am gonna put on it since i have quite a bit of 2.5" tubeing laying around from previous turbo kits. i really don't feel liek trying to cut and weld all the bends over the rear suspension, so i was just gonna go straight back. i just want to know how close people are getting to the tank and about what angle and where to the muffler.

thanks for all the posts so far.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (coupe99vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by coupe99vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just FYI, there is a system called VES, its a dump valve u can buy that opens under boost, and just run stock exhaust with 3 in downpipe, then use a manual boost controller to control where it opens, or u can get an electronic cutout, and with either, just run a hidden side exit, tis what i had on my jetta, i had electronic, was funny cuz i shaved the 1.8T part off the car and would just make it sound like i was revving hard (half throttle to almost redline) then when the race was staged open up the pipe as the poor bastard was picking up the revs for launch, scared them shitless...</TD></TR></TABLE>

What's this VES thing have anything to do with any post?

That's all I'm trying to figure out...

Everybody's talkin about how low the car is & ur talking about what...an electronic pressure release valve?

Blah, I'm confused....
Old 08-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LMAO, amen
Old 08-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (coupe99vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by coupe99vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just FYI, there is a system called VES, its a dump valve u can buy that opens under boost, and just run stock exhaust with 3 in downpipe, then use a manual boost controller to control where it opens, or u can get an electronic cutout, and with either, just run a hidden side exit, tis what i had on my jetta, i had electronic, was funny cuz i shaved the 1.8T part off the car and would just make it sound like i was revving hard (half throttle to almost redline) then when the race was staged open up the pipe as the poor bastard was picking up the revs for launch, scared them shitless...</TD></TR></TABLE>

This item has been discussed before, but in the FI section. Basicly...its a good idea if you have a tiny ball bearing turbo, never want to have to flip a switch, and want a quiet exhaust. Having a stock exhaust will still increase lag & spool time, no matter how larger the DP. Most factory turbo guys seem to love midget turbos (due to typical FI cam design), so spool time isn't an issue.

FYI it is an E-Cutout, but <U>the user-operated switch replaced by a boost switch</U>. Once it senses boost, it opens the valve.

Back OT, the only thing I really hate about slant exhausts - most people do it with utter disregard for taste. Its like they do it just to do it, like getting a $5.99 indian-ink tatoo of a rainbow on your cheek. Doing it right is more important that just doing it. When done right, I don't have a beef with it.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HiProfile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Back OT, the only thing I really hate about slant exhausts - most people do it with utter disregard for taste. </TD></TR></TABLE>

your still off topic man, i was just looking for pics of the bend getting it to the exhaust not making it slant. i hate slanted mufflers

if anything i want it to slant the slightest bit possible but i think i will be able to not have a slant at all since i am using the summit exhaust
Old 08-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fullcloud)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fullcloud &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its looks nice!!
exim@uu.pp121.net </TD></TR></TABLE>

nice ***** post noob
Old 08-02-2006, 07:29 AM

Default Re: (jeffsciv23)

hahaha thats the most dirty exhaust i ever seen! no more words from me.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:38 AM

Default Re: (v8killa91)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v8killa91 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hahaha thats the most dirty exhaust i ever seen! no more words from me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Good......see ya!!
Old 08-03-2006, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RS*R website &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Maximum power, minimal weight and racecar inspired design have all come together to create the ultimate performance exhaust, the GT2. GT2 exhaust systems are designed with the straightest possible piping route. In some applications, the GT2 will not follow the stock piping route. The straightest piping route will also result in weight savings due to the omitting of useless bends.

The exhaust fumes are expelled from the 101mm tip of the polished SUS 304 stainless steel canister. The GT2 exhaust system also incorporates an innovative slip fit design, where flanges are eliminated, and the pipes are connected with springs instead. By using the slip fit design, clearances are improved and exhaust flow is increased. It is not uncommon to have a GT2 system to weigh up to 30% less than a stock exhaust system.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it goes under the gas tank to provide the best flowing exhaust, only having one bend
here it is on my car

Old 08-03-2006, 09:24 AM

oh god, i could only imagine how that sounds, with no resonator and all

Quick Reply: under gas tank exhaust pics please