Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

TYC projectors

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TYC projectors

will TYC projectors for a 96 civic hatch go good with a OEM Bi-Xenon HID Projector Set???
Old 11-03-2003, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

projectors are poopy...hid they might be decent

but i hate hid too
Old 11-05-2003, 10:43 AM

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">projectors are poopy...hid they might be decent

but i hate hid too</TD></TR></TABLE>

how do u hate HID??not affordable?
Old 11-05-2003, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

no hid is too bright...there is a limit. Dont even tell me that when you drive around at night youre not pissed at hid's in your eyes from other cars. Granted, me having blue eyes they are more sensitive to light than ones that are brown (the majority of the world)...but thats beside the point.

suv's surely shouldnt have it because theyre lights are up high making their beams right at eye level for people driving in cars... ='s me unable to see jack ****

And no, it is affordable...the price is reasonable

I loath hid
Old 11-05-2003, 01:24 PM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no hid is too bright...there is a limit. Dont even tell me that when you drive around at night youre not pissed at hid's in your eyes from other cars.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually i stare right into them. There's something about that beautiful bluish/purplish/white light that I cannot ignore. Of course, If what you say about eyes is true, my eyes can handle it. I have the darkest eyes of anyone I have every seen/met. Everyone I know is scared to look into my eyes too long, cuz I will steal their soul if I glare at them too long.

&lt;---- Has beedy eyes of doom..
Old 11-05-2003, 03:50 PM

Default Re: (Hatchy-Ownzjo0)

halogen projector with HID's will look terrible, might as well keep your stock housing and get casper sheilds and an H4 kit.

Now if you swap OEM HID projectors in, you'll have some serious, glare free light.
Old 11-05-2003, 04:23 PM

Default Re: (Feuerraeder)

So OEM HIDs in a projector is good??
Old 11-05-2003, 07:20 PM

Default Re: (viprcr1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by viprcr1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So OEM HIDs in a projector is good??</TD></TR></TABLE>

no, OEM HID projectors in place of your TYC projectors are good. im talking about the projector unit itself, not the entire headlight housing.

Halogen projectors (like the ones in any aftermarket lamp) are designed for certain bulb, usually 9006 or h3. a d2s or d2r bulb's (OEM Hid bulb) filament (actually its an arc) is in a different spot, so the projector will be in a sort, out of focus. this is why i laugh when i hear people expoying d2s bulbs in the back of halogen housings. millions of dollars of CAD equipment are used to design HID projectors that have consistent output and no glare, do you really think you can get the same effect gluing a bulb into your headlight?

fortunately for you and I an entire used OEM setup (projectors, bulbs, and ballasts) can be had for well under $400, and it will all but bolt into an aftermarket projector housing. another advantage is you get the prism effect (blue or purple effect at the cutoff) without having to use high K bulbs. IMO anything above 6000k is useless, the blue light just gets absobred into the pavement. OEM HID's are almost always 4300k. In short, from the cockpit the light looks very bright and very white, while on coming traffic see's a much darker light and blueish or purple hue.

as always i recommend http://www.hidforums.com
Old 11-05-2003, 07:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love HID's But the bright light i cant stand is the Ford 4x4 that has a 2 foot lift and all the light seems to be hitting me right in my damn eyes. But HID's are the Shizznit
Old 11-05-2003, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Feuerraeder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">halogen projector with HID's will look terrible, might as well keep your stock housing and get casper sheilds and an H4 kit.

Now if you swap OEM HID projectors in, you'll have some serious, glare free light. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeap. I tried, HID-&gt;Halogen Projector = sucks.

HID-&gt;HID Projector =
Old 11-06-2003, 01:26 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Feuerraeder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">halogen projector with HID's will look terrible, might as well keep your stock housing and get casper sheilds and an H4 kit.

Now if you swap OEM HID projectors in, you'll have some serious, glare free light. </TD></TR></TABLE>

will casper shields increase the light output for an h4 kit or just give it a better cutoff?
Old 11-06-2003, 01:31 PM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: (96civicB20)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96civicB20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

will casper shields increase the light output for an h4 kit or just give it a better cutoff?</TD></TR></TABLE>

it won't give you better output, it will just make you not blind the shizzle out of oncoming traffic. without them you will blind everyone..
Old 11-06-2003, 01:35 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchy-Ownzjo0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

it won't give you better output, it will just make you not blind the shizzle out of oncoming traffic. without them you will blind everyone.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

do u kno of a site where i can order them/?
Old 11-06-2003, 02:45 PM
H-T Poker champion

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96civicB20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

do u kno of a site where i can order them/?</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.casperselectronics....e.cgi Type in "H4 Adapter" in the "power search".
Old 11-06-2003, 04:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchy-Ownzjo0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

it won't give you better output, it will just make you not blind the shizzle out of oncoming traffic. without them you will blind everyone.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

since light wont be shooting in the air with casper shileds light will be put to the ground right?...so will it look somewhat th same as retrofitting projectors in headlights?
Old 11-06-2003, 05:12 PM
H-T Poker champion

since light wont be shooting in the air with casper shileds light will be put to the ground right?...so will it look somewhat th same as retrofitting projectors in headlights?</TD></TR></TABLE>

not even close.. here is a crappy shot of my HID's in stock EH2(EG) housings with the casper sheilds: Notice the "Hot Spots"

A retrofit would evenly spread the light out and it would have NO light at ALL above the cut off.. It would be like a strait line with light below and none above.