Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

two topics, one about new rims/tires, other about crazy cop today

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two topics, one about new rims/tires, other about crazy cop today

Well finally my saga with getting slipstreams and tires is done. I dont know if anyone read any of my posts but I needed new tires from my 17's so I decided to just buy black slipstreams and tires instead. SO at first I tried to find 16" rims/tires from a user anywere, after a couple finalized deals fell through(I finalized a deal, send half deposit, guy went outside to take off rims and ship in the morn, and they were stolen) I was in a huge need for the tires b/c my metal threads were showing. So at the end I ended up buying 15" Brand new Black Slipstreams ordered for low 400, and then I went to get tires thinking to get 205/50/15's ecsta 711's, and left discount tire with 195/55/15 ecsta 712s. To make a long story short they didnt have **** in that size so I went with the 712's which are better than the 711''s in that diff tire size. Needless to say IM so HAPPY with what i purchased, the rims look GREAT and I cannot believe how mucha diff the tires/rim combo makes, I feel like I have a new car and it feels like I grab the ground when I drive(maybe because I was driving on bald 17's for a year) Anyways, would recomend the 712's, got them for $328 installed w/ warranty @ discount tire, not bad price in mind and very happy!

anyways...to the weird sotry that happend today...

so I went and had a couple beers and a burger with a coworker today in the Univ. of Washington U villiage(for you people in wash. st, i went to the ram). And I was leaving following him(just moved to seattle from eastern washington about 9 months ago, and only been there for like 3 months cause im always @ school) to the highway. Anyways, going down a road with speed bumps goin like 10mph, and a guy is walkin towards me to cross the street. I'm driving and as I pass he is kind of at my front end so I kept driivntg(there was no crosswalk) and I guess it pissed this guy off that I didnt stop and let him walk around me and through. Anyways, the guys HITS my car in the backend as I pass him. I was the WTF and scream out the window WTF, and he picks up both hands and motions me to come to him like he wants to fight. So im like wtf, call my friend and told him i was turnin around, flip a bitch and come back and go slow, didnt see him, and all of a sudden I see him running down from the stairs accross the street. He comes up to my car and I was like, I dont appreciate you hitting my car like that why did you do that, your the one that tried to walk right in front of me.

And here is the convo from here(keep in mind he is wearing a polo, khacki shorts, and a sandles):
him:"DO YOU WANT TO BE ARRESTED?"
me:"Arrested?, for what? what are you talking about"
him:"I'm a cop, listen punk do you want ot be arrested, you better leave right now or im gonna arrest you"
me:"Why the **** woudl I get arrested, there is no croswalk and you walked out in front of me and hit my car"
him:"You bettter ****** leave right now, there was a crosswalk, or im going to arrest you, leave now and if I ever see you again in this area I'm going to harrass the **** out of you"
me:"**** you, there was no crosswalk, ru blind(thinking about letting him call his friends just to make him look stupid"
him:"you better leave now im gonna harass you if you are ever in this area again"
me: just left, cause i was like this dood is crazy and it wasnt worth the trouble

so cops wonder why they get the bad rap, this was a 40 year old plain dressed man doing this, weird. Sorry for the long story ,hope it makes sense
(dont diss if u find typos, bad english, typed this out fast)

Modified by 00civicsimobstyle at 11:23 PM 7/3/2003
Old 07-03-2003, 10:02 PM

i see you finally found some slips. so where did you get your slips from? you shouldve came to oregon to get your slips. it woulda been about $650 with tires and plus we dont have sales tax.....but its all good...post up some pix of your ride with the slips
Old 07-03-2003, 10:07 PM
can I haz?

he might have been a cop that was off duty out drinkin. What he did was wrong and u shouldnt have left, i would have made him pay for what he did. What can i say every proffesion has ********.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:07 PM

Default Re: (Synergy001)

dood, I would have, I needed them for sure before the 4th cause im takin the car on a trip. And I couldnt find where that place was, called and everything, got some weird message, maybe someone gave me the wrong #? I got them from a GREAT seller, his AIM sn is Z00MxL i q u i d, I woudl highly recomend him. I had a great buying experience and he is a great guy.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:08 PM

Default Re: two topics, one about new rims/tires, other about crazy cop today (00civicsimobstyle)

btw, takin pics probs like sunday, im leavin for the weekend and gotta owrk for 1/2 half the day tommorw
Old 07-03-2003, 10:09 PM

Default Re: (thid92)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thid92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">he might have been a cop that was off duty out drinkin. What he did was wrong and u shouldnt have left, i would have made him pay for what he did. What can i say every proffesion has ********.</TD></TR></TABLE>

dood, I had two pints of beer, im 21, but didnt want to risk blowing anything even thoough i probs wouldnt have, I still wouldve been boozin...and he was a off duty im pretty sure
Old 07-03-2003, 10:17 PM

Default Re: (00civicsimobstyle)

I'm glad you like the wheels

&lt;&lt; AIM: z00mxliquid btw
Old 07-03-2003, 11:56 PM

Default Re: two topics, one about new rims/tires, other about crazy cop today (00civicsimobstyle)

the cop could not have arrested u anyway for two reasons

1 your word against his
2 not on duty
3 no badge

i would have said go ahead harass me and ill shove a lawsuit so far up your *** your won't know what hit u
Old 07-04-2003, 12:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

should of just rammed him with your car...done deal...haha
Old 07-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

He probably wasn't even a cop, just some crazy lunatic making empty threats. I bet he always hits people's cars at that same place and yells at them like he did to you.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:14 AM

Default Re: two topics, one about new rims/tires, other about crazy cop today (Daniel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Daniel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He probably wasn't even a cop, just some crazy lunatic making empty threats. I bet he always hits people's cars at that same place and yells at them like he did to you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep. I think so too. You're lucky it wasn't a real cop...like Axel Foley...lest he stick a banana up your magnaflow tailpipe.
Old 07-04-2003, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: two topics, one about new rims/tires, other about crazy cop today (EF'n Fast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EF'n Fast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yep. I think so too. You're lucky it wasn't a real cop...like Axel Foley...lest he stick a banana up your magnaflow tailpipe. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I love that movie
Old 07-04-2003, 07:15 AM

Default Re: two topics, one about new rims/tires, other about crazy cop today (XxSOHCDriVerxX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by XxSOHCDriVerxX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I love that movie </TD></TR></TABLE>