Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Turbonetics or Drag Gen 3 turbo kit?

Old 02-29-2004, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbonetics or Drag Gen 3 turbo kit?

Can anyone tell me which kit would be the best for my daily driven 2000 SI. Im looking for reliability and the most gain in power. Also some websites for advice would be helpful. Thanks
Old 02-29-2004, 08:26 PM
illicon2003

nothing at all
Old 02-29-2004, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Turbonetics or Drag Gen 3 turbo kit? (TheGuy258)

2 words ( Full Race) go to there site and look at there kits
Old 02-29-2004, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Turbonetics or Drag Gen 3 turbo kit? (Cake-boy)

well the drag kit and tubonetics kit is all the same so is the revhard kit(all turbonetics turbos).. if i was u i would go all custom south florida performance makes nice manifolds for a good price and sbr sells garett t3t4 turbos for pretty good price all together u will get better stuff for better price i can put a custom setup together with better turbo, wastegate , bov, etc for 300 bux cheaper than the drag or revhard kit...
Old 02-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbonetics or Drag Gen 3 turbo kit? (Cake-boy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cake-boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">2 words ( Full Race) go to there site and look at there kits </TD></TR></TABLE>

if you want to go with a turbo "kit" then full race is where its at. http://www.full-race.com
Old 03-01-2004, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Turbonetics or Drag Gen 3 turbo kit? (Chris y0!)

yeah full race is good but it is also almost 4 grand honestly kits are dumb its better and cheaper to just go custom..
Old 03-01-2004, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbonetics or Drag Gen 3 turbo kit? (fkncivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fkncivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah full race is good but it is also almost 4 grand</TD></TR></TABLE>

which is "only" a grand more than the drag kit but its well worth it. the full race kit comes with top of the line everything.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">honestly kits are dumb its better and cheaper to just go custom..</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes, we know. but some people still like kits, thats why kits are still on the market.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fkncivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah full race is good but it is also almost 4 grand honestly kits are dumb its better and cheaper to just go custom..</TD></TR></TABLE>

honestly i have heard this every time, but i must ask you -- can you really make a better turbo kit than ours for less? You will have to custom fabricate an aluminum intercooler, custom fabricate a tig welded stainless DP, we give you VERY good prices on tial products (match import parts) and have it all in stock.

how is custom better? I dont mean to be attacking you, i genuinely would like to hear your answer. We work very hard to be the best for the best value and if you do not think thatis the case i would love to hear why! thanks
Old 03-02-2004, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Turbonetics or Drag Gen 3 turbo kit? (Full-Race Geoff)

The full race kit is expensive, but not for what you are getting. The full race kit is one of the most extreme, high quality kits on the market. You are getting an equal lenth manifold with a kit! Just like anything else you get what you pay for. Let's say you get a drag kit for $3K. Then you need to spend $200 getting a better wastegate and $400+ for a decent manifold. It's really not that drastic of a difference considering you get the best of everything the first time with the full-race kit...
Old 03-02-2004, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Turbonetics or Drag Gen 3 turbo kit? (Full-Race Geoff)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Geoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

honestly i have heard this every time, but i must ask you -- can you really make a better turbo kit than ours for less? You will have to custom fabricate an aluminum intercooler, custom fabricate a tig welded stainless DP, we give you VERY good prices on tial products (match import parts) and have it all in stock.

how is custom better? I dont mean to be attacking you, i genuinely would like to hear your answer. We work very hard to be the best for the best value and if you do not think thatis the case i would love to hear why! thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh no im in no way speaking bad of full race.. if i was to buy a kit i would buy full race hands down but im saying cost effectively i can piece together a nice set up for alot less than an DRAG or REV HARD kit.. u can find intercoolers bigger and better than what they give u for only like 350 on some sites ive seen and sbr has some good deals on garret t3/t4 turbos as well as cheapturbo.com.. i guess i just like the idea of piecing together the parts that i would want for my setup.. but full race is by far the best bang for the buck.. i just dislike the poor quality that is offered with the drag and rev hard kits.. and if i was trying to put together a decent turbo set up for a lower price i would have to do custom..
Old 03-02-2004, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Turbonetics or Drag Gen 3 turbo kit? (Chris y0!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris y0! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

which is "only" a grand more than the drag kit but its well worth it. the full race kit comes with top of the line everything.

yes, we know. but some people still like kits, thats why kits are still on the market.</TD></TR></TABLE>

im in no way trying to be an *** here i like the full race kit but on the other hand when u look at the drag kit or rev hard kit it just seems like they are there for the people that are too cheap to buy the full race or too lazy to piece together a quality custom setup..
Old 03-03-2004, 05:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that makes sense, i wasnt saying you are being a dick i honestly wanted your input. but yeah i agree that you can make better than the drag and equivalent stuff for the same amt.