Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Turboing my Civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turboing my Civic

I am entirely new to Turbo applications and I found a smoking deal on a 15G T04 From Greddy for my 00 Civic. The engine is stock right now, but a Comp Cam and Springs came with the deal, and I plan on installing them along with the turbo. I just have a few questions about my setup...

1. It was recommended to me to get some larger injectors. How large should they be if I plan on running 10 lbs of boost?

2. Is 10 lbs too much with a stock 00 d16y8?

3. Is it recommended that I get a new fuel pump or will a fuel regulator suffice?

4. How should I run the oil line feed to, and return from, the Turbo?

5. What kind of BOV should I use with my setup.

6. A Greddy intercooler came with the deal, but no I/C piping. What's the cheapest way I can get some quality piping?

7. If there is anything else I left out please bring it to my attention. Any secrets, advice, does-dont's, etc...

Thanks for any help!!

Modified by CivicAF00 at 1:12 AM 8/11/2006
Old 08-09-2006, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Turboing my Civic (CivicAF00)

1.] can't go wrong with RC 440's, or DSM injectors. [EDIT: Greddy EK kit should come w/ 330cc injectors if I'm not mistaken...]
2.] 10 PSI is different from turbo to turbo. just make sure you don't skip on the tuning, and you should be fine. I'll wait for someone with experience w/a 15G on a d16y8 to speak up and go further into detail.
3.] upgrade your fuel pump w/your injectors. it's cheap insurance.
4.] read the instructions
5.] any kind that you like. 10psi won't cause much leak if any [though I prefer HKS SSQV, due to the design].
6.] http://www.kteller.com or any shop with a mandrel bender will take care of it for you.
7.] READ READ READ
Old 08-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1. yes you need new injectors, precision or rc 370's or 440's, or dsm 450's. i believe the greddy kit comes with 310's..those are sufficient to about 220hp.
2. u will need arp headbolts if u want to run 10 lbs...anything above 200hp would need new headbolts
3. depends on ur power goals, with 10lbs get the walbro 255 (99$ shipped) would not hurt
4. u are going to need to tap the oil pan for the oil lines.
5.whatever BOV you want. just make sure ur I/C piping flange is for the BOV...you can use the ebay knockoffs too some people say they work just as well as the real deal.
6. quality piping..check the sponser marketplace...they have i/c kits..spoolin makes a nice one for a good price, or make ur own with aluminum bends, or ebay again...but i wouldnt go that route for piping...just make sure they are bead rolled...
7.make sure u get a good tune #1 advice anyone will give u...and SEARCH...there is tons of info on this here.
also d16turbo.com!!
Old 08-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicAF00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
1. It was recommended to me to get some larger injectors. How large should they be if I plan on running 10 lbs of boost?

2. Is 10 lbs too much with a stock 00 d16y8?

3. Is it recommended that I get a new fuel pump or will a fuel regulator suffice?

4. How should I run the oil line feed to, and return from, the Turbo?

5. What kind of BOV should I use with my setup.

6. A Greddy intercooler came with the deal, but no I/C piping. What's the cheapest way I can get some quality piping?

7. If there is anything else I left out please bring it to my attention. Any secrets, advice, does-dont's, etc...

Thanks for any help!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. DSM 450s with the resistor box and clips will suit you well. Also, invest in a P28 ECU, have it chipped with Uberdata/Crome, get an OBDIIb to OBDI conversion harness, and have the car tuned after you install the setup.

2. Not if you tune it correctly. Running an FMU or VAFC may result in bad things.

3. Go with a Walbro 255hp, 100 bucks and easy as heck to install. Can't go wrong.

4. Oil feed runs from behind the block where the stock oil pressure unit is. It runs to your turbo, then you run the feed from the turbo down to a tap best suited at the top of your oil pan.

5. Ebay 30 replica.

6. Plenty of places you can pick up piping. Just get some mild steel and a bunch of silicone couplers with Tclamps and you'll be in business.

7. Look into using an oil restrictor for your turbo. Honda's at WOT can have up to 80psi of oil pressure, this has a tendency to blow the seals on turbo's. They don't need much oil to stay lubricated. After that, just have some fun. Search, get that car tuned, and have fun.