Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

turbo tuned whats better base map or sfac???????? please help

Old 10-16-2008, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo tuned whats better base map or sfac???????? please help

First of all sorry if this topic is alrady up but i thought it would be easy and faster to do it this way thanks.
i have a 94 stock ls motor in my hatch i put on a turo kit and now i need/want to get tuned in the next few days and need some help on with way to go!

So here the deal there a guy pritty well know for Cali. in L.A. his name is Shawn Church hes been in mags youtube etc... he says he dont like safc, that base map with crome progarm is the way to go enstead of safc.
Then there this guy from S.D. that does tunning and has a 700hp+ to the wheels car that says the oppisit he says he dont like the base map crome progame to just do the safc.

The guy from L.A. would charge me 325 flat rate to tune on dyno if i have base map crome program, the guy from S.D. said hell charge me 200 flat rate to tune on safc the price difference is not the issue i just want to make the right move becouse this will be my daily driver"untill the wheels fall off".
I already have the sfac wit missing link but i would have to get the base map crome program for youy info if it helps..
So im stuck wit this and dont know what to do the choise i make will be base on all these responces so please give me and honest answer that will help me,witch brings me to my question thank you very much.

Q. whats better to get tune with an safc or a base map with a crome program?
Old 10-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo tuned whats better base map or sfac???????? please help (619_honda_boostn)

using chrome is the best bet
Old 10-16-2008, 02:45 PM

Default Re: turbo tuned whats better base map or sfac???????? please help (batallic)

thanks for yor input. so its just that simple crome is the best bet? could you probley give me a few reasons or exsamples of why. thanks for your help and time.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

SAFC is a great way to go... if you don't like your engine.
Crome/eCtune/Hondata/Neptune are all way better ways to tune your car.

reason? - with the SAFC you adjust the map reading to get the right fuel... the problem, this also adjusts the timing... which likely will be wrong for that particular load/RPM of the engine. The programs I listed compensate actively just like your OEM ECU did.

BTW, Shawn knows his stuff.

get rid of the missing link, with the programs listed above you'll read the pressure correctly and adjust the fuel and timing accordingly.

you will need to upgrade your fuel pump, injectors to be able to keep up.

also - Crome is not the best, but it's decent. IMO eCtune blows it out of the water. I've tuned with Crome, eCtune, Hondata & Neptune. Crome falls short but is cheaper.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Relic1)

What do you guys think of AEM EMS?
Old 10-16-2008, 02:52 PM

Default Re: (Relic1)

cool man that sounds good i already got to 255walbro and i have some 450cc dsm injectors and the resover box or what ever so im ready just need to get a lil more info so far crome 2 safc 0 haha i can spell eather so dont trip i spell it the way it sounds to me pritty sure peope still know what i mean
Old 10-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BrakeDanceJ)

Don't get me wrong, AEM standalone ECU is great. But nothing will run our cars better then Honda ECUs.