Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

turbo problems NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo problems NEED HELP

is it true that if you have a turbo you have to go get it tuneup once a month when you drive the car all the time even if you have it at a low boost like 5 through 8 thanks guys
Old 02-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: turbo problems NEED HELP (sevekseller)

Wow...i really feel like locking this thread and not looking back, but i'm in a rather cheerful mood tonight so here goes.

First off, boost pressure doesn't mean anything. Telling us that you want to "run 5-8psi" is like saying to me that you did 7 of those things. It's a terribly vague statement, yet people toss it around like they have a clue. Having a horsepower goal is the only way to properly determine the reliability of your setup.

As for the maintenance aspect of your question. You do need to maintain your turbo vehicle a little more carefully than a stock Honda. Since you're putting more stress on stock parts (in the order of 200% more stress), things tend to have less leeway for mistakes. Oil level is one of the most crucial parts of a good turbo setup. Since more oil is diverted away from the engine (into the turbo feed/drain lines), proper oil level must be maintained so that the engine does not starve of oil. I suggest you lurk around the Forced Induction forum and read for a while...you'll get the hang of things soon enough
Old 02-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: turbo problems NEED HELP (NoMorePain)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NoMorePain &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no reason to flame on him.

his question was 100% ok for him to ask as a noob.

and it is correct that it takes more maintenence on a turbo car then a regluar.

i dont see why your putting him down</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where, in that whole statement, did i flame on him? True, he's a new member to the site, as are you, but that doesn't mean you get to ask the most basic questions and get away with it 100%. If that was the case, the big red SEARCH button wouldn't exist. I gave the OP his answer in a readable, logical fashion without being an *** to him. BTW, not a great first post
Old 02-04-2008, 11:21 PM

it does take more maintenance, but you don't have to have a tuneup every month, jus make sure everything is in order, and that you fix things when they need to be fixed and you should be good.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:30 AM

Default Re: turbo problems NEED HELP (Schister66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Where, in that whole statement, did i flame on him? True, he's a new member to the site, as are you, but that doesn't mean you get to ask the most basic questions and get away with it 100%. If that was the case, the big red SEARCH button wouldn't exist. I gave the OP his answer in a readable, logical fashion without being an *** to him. BTW, not a great first post </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hahah x2. I thought his answer was prefectly fine. He basically wrapped up the whole thread in one post And to that other noob, how do you even know what flaming is with only 5 posts to date? And how can you even try and stick up for somebody, when you are a noob?! No one is going to listen man until you search, post reasonably, and bring up that post count