Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

turbo overheating

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo overheating

allright, something incredibly stupid happened
i was driving along and my friend had my attention and a speed bump, unpainted, and in the dark jumped in front of my civic turbo
i pulled some duked of hazzard stunt and wound up with a broken fuel line going to the turbo which i replaced today and the think still overheats, any suggestions as to why my turbo and not engine is overheating and what i may be able to do to fix this?
CRAP i want to drive my car and it sucks that i cant even take the thing around the block without the turbo trying to blow up
i have a heat guage on my block and one on my lines and the one on the lines is reading they arent cooled off properly, is it poossible that my radiator was damaged during the aerial stunt?
i bottomed out but not too hard. THIS SUCKS!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: turbo overheating (imnotsobright)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imnotsobright &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i pulled some duked of hazzard stunt and wound up with a broken fuel line going to the turbo</TD></TR></TABLE>

Am I sure you typed that correctly???

But to awnser your question, the only reason that I would think that a turbo would overheat is due to a lack of oil going to the turbo.

Check all your oil connections and make sure everything is squared away.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody here will be able to tell you what is wrong with your car since you yourself have no idea what to check if we were to tell you. Find a trustworth shop or friend in your area to look at your car as anything we would do would be taking shots in the dark.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hrm..

How many fuel lines go to the turbo?

I'm going to assume you mean oil cooling lines for the bearing. I've never heard of a fuel line for a turbo to cool it off. This is very possible, the oil line comes out of the oil pan directly to the turbo, you could have fractured the oil line (henseforth loosing oil pressure to the turbo, but maybe not enough to notice when you aren't driving). That's what I'd check first though.