Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Turbo Kit Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Kit Help!!!

Well, I am thinking about going turbo on my d15b. I was wondering what the best way to go financially is. I am looking to boost about 8psi and was wondering if buying a new kit is actually better or does it not really make a huge difference? What size injectors are the best and what companies make good fmu and turbo timers and all that jazz? I know its alot of questions but I would appreciate any feedback, thanks
Old 02-21-2006, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Turbo Kit Help!!! (yurasuka)

wrong fourm. you dont know so your best bet is to search. if that dose not work just get a greddy kit.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:26 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yurasuka &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> good fmu </TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry, but with all of the advanced tuning systems widely available now this statement is an oxymoron

your best bet is to search through the forced induction forum and keep in mind that you will always get what you pay for. In my case I only wanted to buy one turbo set-up and not one that I would need to upgrade down the road to be happy with the power output. So I saved all that I could until I could afford my ideal set-up. But if you are set on making a budget kit there are plenty of options that you can find by reading the FI forum
Old 02-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yurasuka &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, I am thinking about going turbo on my d15b. I was wondering what the best way to go financially is. I am looking to boost about 8psi and was wondering if buying a new kit is actually better or does it not really make a huge difference? What size injectors are the best and what companies make good fmu and turbo timers and all that jazz? I know its alot of questions but I would appreciate any feedback, thanks
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The best way and the most finacially savvy may sometimes conflict. The best way would be to think about what kind of power you want FIRST. MANY people shoot for astronomical hp numbers but the only thing they know is there 92whp civic. When I first went turbo on my nissan, I wanted 300rwhp....sounded like a good number. Once I did the swap, and was putting down about 190rwhp, it was FUN and more than enough.

Anyway, got off track there a bit.

Once you have decided what kind of power you want, THEN concentrate on the kit ingredients. IF you only want to run 7-10psi and would be happy with give or take 200fwp, then I would suggest either piecing together a kit or buying a used greddy kit. I built a turbo kit for $1300 and that included extras like laptop for tuning, chipped P28, extra gauges, front mount intercooler, etc. The only part I "skimped on" was the manifold. Since I did not seek high power numbers, I went with the HF manifold, which people have had success with. The greddy manifold would work too and can be found on the cheap.

There really is no need to get an exspensive kit, if you have modest goals. Upgrade later or not, why spend $3000 if you dont need to. ALOT of things can cross over if you decide to upgrade. Its not like you will be buying a whole other kit if you upgrade.

Almost every part I bought was brand new or lightly used (besides the manifold) and I did it within my $1500 budget