Old 11-25-2006, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TURBO KIT

WHATS THE BEST TURBO KIT TO GET IM THINKG GREDDY FOR A 1.6 SOHC VTEC D16Y8
Old 11-25-2006, 08:36 PM

Default Re: TURBO KIT (ser13)

with the money you have for a turbo kit, save up for a new motor. theres really no point to turbo a d series motor. u spend maybe a grand or 2 more on a b18 and your basically at the same place at the d series turbo. but one thing, you're not at the peak with a b series motor where as if u turbo a d series your pretty much at the peak
Old 11-25-2006, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: TURBO KIT (ser13)

I have heard Edelbrock makes a good FULL kit for the Y8... google it and check it out.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:56 PM
Batpool

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: TURBO KIT (Miracle)

Edelbrock is good and also Garrett makes a D16Y8 kit that is very complete. Best part about both of these kits is they are CARB certified so you could run them all day without worrying about the police.

And there is a point to turboing a d series motor. You can make relatively good power cheaply and easily. So I spend $1500 on a self made turbo kit, and I run at 200 whp all day. Why buy a new motor for twice that much to be at the same place? Be honest with yourself, you are not going for 400whp any time soon, so for the people who say save your money and swap, I think it's best to boost the d and enjoy!

Plus if you mess up and blow the engine another d is pennies compared to another b.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:33 AM

Default Re: TURBO KIT (SilentEdge)

it may be just rumor but i've heard you can use a dsm turbo and manifold??
Old 11-28-2006, 08:37 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: TURBO KIT (Wonk Unit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wonk Unit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it may be just rumor but i've heard you can use a dsm turbo and manifold??</TD></TR></TABLE>

DSM, Saab, Volvo, Whatever turbo on a CRX HF manifold with adapter plate.

And this thread is retarded.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:46 AM

Default Re: TURBO KIT (slkleltlclh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slkleltlclh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">with the money you have for a turbo kit, save up for a new motor. theres really no point to turbo a d series motor. u spend maybe a grand or 2 more on a b18 and your basically at the same place at the d series turbo. but one thing, you're not at the peak with a b series motor where as if u turbo a d series your pretty much at the peak</TD></TR></TABLE>

your a retard! your post made no reference to the OP..and all you b-series ppl are way to optimistic! Alot of b-series swapers usually say i gonna b-series and then boost it..ang then they way **** the b is giving me too much problems..and dump more money into it..which they rarely boost it.

Anyway thats what all b fanitics say...go b-series, don't listen to them. Boost the D and have fun, and they are tEh faster then tEh b-series boosted! GL on the choice, i'd go with Eldebrock! They rockzorz!