Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

TURBO????

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 02:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TURBO????

K SO I GOT A 96HATCHBACK... AND I WANT TO MAKE IT A LIL FASTER.. IT HAS THE STOCK DX MOTOR... WHAT IF I TURBO'ED IT?? I KNOW IT PROLLY SOUNDS STUPID TO YOU PEOPLE WHO ARE INTO THE MOTOR SWAPPS THEN TURBOS BUT I JUST KINDA WANNA TRY IT OUT.... WUD IT BE HARD?? WHAT KIND AND SIZE OF TURBO SHOULD I BE GETTING????
Old 10-14-2007, 02:15 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: TURBO???? (EK9_GRL)

.. turbo charging is common in this world. 96 hatchback what dx ?

if it is a d16y7 id swap it out for a d16y8 but before you do strip the block down, add some vital parts to it.

ill be breif since you're breif.

youll want to pick up an obd2a-obd1 conversion harness and run a chipped p28 on chrome. and look for a turbo manifold

http://www.pgmfi.org < CROME (if you google it do not use an H in the word CROME is an aconym)

dsm turbos are cheap and at 10-12 psi stock internal gate pressure you're looking at or right abouve 220whp on a good tune................

you'll need piping, a turbo,manifold,injectors,the items i listed abouve, FMIC, oil lines, and a t fitting.

if it sounds overwelming to you dont be i was 15 1/2 when i first did this

i dont know what i was doing with a drivers permit and a turbo civic, but at 18 (almost 19) i dont know what im doing with a k24 civic LOL
Old 10-14-2007, 02:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK9_GRL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">K SO I GOT A 96HATCHBACK... AND I WANT TO MAKE IT A LIL FASTER.. IT HAS THE STOCK DX MOTOR... WHAT IF I TURBO'ED IT?? I KNOW IT PROLLY SOUNDS STUPID TO YOU PEOPLE WHO ARE INTO THE MOTOR SWAPPS THEN TURBOS BUT I JUST KINDA WANNA TRY IT OUT.... WUD IT BE HARD?? WHAT KIND AND SIZE OF TURBO SHOULD I BE GETTING???? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 10-14-2007, 03:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zeroforum/16
Old 10-14-2007, 07:04 AM

Default Re: TURBO???? (suicide_shift)

i dont think its stupid tho.. check out this webpage: http://www.turbod16.com they could help you out a lot in that, plus i've seen turbo d-series running the same or faster than turbo b-series so about the motor swaps... to me all motos could reach the same level of performance as long as you modified them properly with good parts not crappy ones. if u do a motor swap lets say to a b16a and turbo it, u dont have to build the block or the head and u could still run 11 psi and go low 12's on it, with your d-series you would have to fully build the block to reach this low 12's but it would be more expensive to get the b16a and turbo it then to build the d16 block and turbo it... it all depends on how much or deep is ur pocket....

but still, a turbo d-series ride is pretty nice as u dont invest too much and u could still beat some ***! :D that of course if it aint gonna be a drag car.. if its a regular street car just turbo it man, its worth it.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TURBO???? (domct88)

or u can check out http://www.homemadeturbo.com they helpd me out long time ago
Old 10-14-2007, 07:48 AM

Default Re: TURBO???? (EJ8CIVIC)

if i were u just get a motor and den turbo it..it would be to much work to put a turbo on a single cam and trying not to blow ur motor...
Old 10-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol at half of you posting an actual response, isntead of the usual "search" respnse, because she has GRL in her username. funny.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tuner Eddy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tuner Eddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol at half of you posting an actual response, isntead of the usual "search" respnse, because she has GRL in her username. funny.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol....SEARCH N00B!!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by em1_fox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if i were u just get a motor and den turbo it..it would be to much work to put a turbo on a single cam and trying not to blow ur motor...</TD></TR></TABLE>

no, it absolutely wouldn't be too much work. You should check out the Forced Induction section as well.

OP: check the FI section, there is a ton of info in here. It's helped me.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (Boost_V)

There are too many people with high mileage turbo hondas to throwout turboing the stock motor.

Girl, just buy a turbo kit that's ready to go, and pay a shop to tune/install it. Go with a smaller t3/t4 trim turbo. 200whp will be adequate and make your car much more fun to drive without sacrificing reliability.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:40 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: TURBO???? (em1_fox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by em1_fox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if i were u just get a motor and den turbo it..it would be to much work to put a turbo on a single cam and trying not to blow ur motor...</TD></TR></TABLE>

elaborate, id rebuild the ****** then swap it in. honda civics are wayyy to easy its almost retarded how many are swapped lol
Old 10-14-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: TURBO???? (suicide_shift)

If your interested in a turbo, i've got a mint K-26 for cheap! Was going to use on my turbo Y8 setup but my mom hit my car so i've lost interest. It's a t25 flange (same as DSM) so it'll bolt up easy and size is great for any 1.6L just let me know.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default TURBO H22??

welp.... just got bak from a astreet race.. and i seen my friend with an h22 turbo eg hatch run.. and he was beating the muscles cars pretty bad!!!!! he had to roll it off the line to help him not loose to much traction... i am really startin to think about an h22... but i also heard they are pretty heavy.. wieght wise.....

plus.. who says GIRLS cant race?? hahaha

Modified by EK9_GRL at 1:11 AM 10/15/2007
Old 10-15-2007, 12:16 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: TURBO H22?? (EK9_GRL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK9_GRL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">welp.... just got bak from a astreet race.. and i seen my friend with an h22 turbo eg hatch run.. and he was beating the muscles cars pretty bad!!!!! he had to roll it off the line to help him not loose to much traction... i am really startin to think about an h22... but i also heard they are pretty heavy.. wieght wise.....

Modified by EK9_GRL at 1:11 AM 10/15/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>

h22 motors arent heavy..................to make real horsepower on them they need to be resleeved, if you be cheap with everything and use forged slugs on the motor, the rings wont hold comp

its alot of work. street racing isnt a good idea.............................................. ..........learned that the hard way........sitting overnight in jail over an exhibition of speed charge. also witnessed a death of a 16 year old that thought racing mommys corvette was a good idea

Modified by suicide_shift at 1:33 AM 10/15/2007
Old 10-15-2007, 04:30 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: TURBO H22?? (suicide_shift)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suicide_shift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

h22 motors arent heavy..................to make real horsepower on them they need to be resleeved, if you be cheap with everything and use forged slugs on the motor, the rings wont hold comp</TD></TR></TABLE>

Check the FI forum, there's plenty of h22's making 300+whp on stock blocks.

One has 450whp with a stock bottom end.

And an h22 can withstand any street n/a build, look at skunk2's car. Mid 11's on an n/a h2b setup.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: TURBO???? (hks-3207)

first you don't need a ob2 - obd1 conversion harness. second keep the y7. third please tell me it's not an automatic.

y7's compression is lower then the y8. you should get a y8 manifold for better airflow. there for y7 is capable of more boost. also get a small trim turbo, no need for a t3 ^ 50 trim and so forth. go ahead and buy some avid or hasport mounts when you buy the turbo, to save you some problems later date. crome, neptune, hondata, all will work
Old 10-15-2007, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

do a mini-me then turbo. ill trade you my y8 head for you transmission.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK9_GRL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">welp.... just got bak from a astreet race.. and i seen my friend with an h22 turbo eg hatch run.. and he was beating the muscles cars pretty bad!!!!! he had to roll it off the line to help him not loose to much traction... i am really startin to think about an h22... but i also heard they are pretty heavy.. wieght wise.....

Modified by EK9_GRL at 1:11 AM 10/15/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>

learn to type.

Whats your budget and horse power goals, start there, then decide what you want to do.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:11 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: TURBO???? (jdm91CrxSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm91CrxSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">first you don't need a ob2 - obd1 conversion harness. second keep the y7. third please tell me it's not an automatic.

y7's compression is lower then the y8. you should get a y8 manifold for better airflow. there for y7 is capable of more boost. also get a small trim turbo, no need for a t3 ^ 50 trim and so forth. go ahead and buy some avid or hasport mounts when you buy the turbo, to save you some problems later date. crome, neptune, hondata, all will work</TD></TR></TABLE>

tell me something..................how is she going to run crome without the obd2a-obd1 adapter?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

uMmMmM sorry i need my tranny.. haha but anyways.. my friend was about to give me his single cam v-tech motor... then i was gonna turbo that if i didnt get the h22..... but.... now he got rid of it... and he told me that i cud get a v-tec head..... and change a few parts..... and it wud pretty much be the same... and YES my car is a stick.. not an auto.. that wud be just like seeing another "regular" honda.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

Are you planning on making this car BAR legal? Because if you are then your friends idea of slapping a Vtec head (mini-me) is out of the question and if you plan on going turbo you are going to pay a pretty penny ($3k or so)
Old 10-15-2007, 04:52 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

*sigh*

Way to reinforce the negative stereotype of females in the import community. Everyone one of your posts is a ******* trainwreck.

This thread just makes me sad.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">*sigh*

Way to reinforce the negative stereotype of females in the import community. Everyone one of your posts is a ******* trainwreck.

This thread just makes me sad.</TD></TR></TABLE>

X2 learn to type, and inform yourself about hondas instead of just changing your motor choice every other day or because you see a fast car at "astreet race".
Old 10-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK9_GRL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">startin to think about an h22... but i also heard they are <U>pretty heavy</U>.. wieght wise..... </TD></TR></TABLE>

no ****? i thought them being heavy only affected them width wise! thanks for the input!

Modified by fatpride111 at 7:45 PM 10/15/2007
Old 10-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TURBO H22?? (fatpride111)

Haha, you tried to insult her but you said "imput" =]

lol jk...

Do whatever you want to do/think you want to do. Advice can only go so far, as you can see by reading this thread in it's entirety. At some point you're most likely going to say "Nah I'm just gonna do _____ because ______.".

Quick Reply: TURBO????