Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Trying to fix my car. heres my compression test (now whats wrong)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to fix my car. heres my compression test (now whats wrong)

1st, 180

2nd, 150

3rd, 175

4th, 165

what could that mean is wrong with my car
Old 02-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump

the reason im posting this is because whenever i push my clutch in the car will just drop and go all the way to 0-100rpm and it shakes real real bad and then since it drops down so much the battery light starts poping on then sometimes it actually just dies and other times i just got to rev it high and get going again. once im driving its tottaly fine

im not good with cars yet and was wondering if the compression is fine and what the problem could be so i could fix this soon!!
Old 02-14-2006, 10:03 PM

if your saying it happens when your trying to take off from a stop im going to say its not the car its you not knowing how to drive
Old 02-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (central_driver)

Do a valve adjustment and then redo the numbers.

But i dont think your problem has anything to do with your compression, sure number 2 is low but ive seen motors run off lower. Check your alternator and maybe do a tune up.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea the alternator is a bosch, it looks brand new so i doubt its that. and im getting all new spark plugs, spark plug wires (all NGK) and also new distriutor cap and rotor and replacing my headers since they have a crack but that crack wouldnt case this big of a problem. other then that how much does a valve adjustment cost or is it easy to do? if it is i no a buddy that could possibly do it
Old 02-14-2006, 10:17 PM

might be your coil inside your distributor
Old 02-14-2006, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

lol. Ever thought of maybe cleaning the idle air control valve?
Old 02-14-2006, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is there a thread that explains how to do that?

btw i must tell yout he car was fine about amonth ago and then just started getting worse...

Modified by central_driver at 12:11 AM 2/15/2006
Old 02-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont know how many times i most tell you tune up and tell me what its doing then? this is your first manual car to right? might be your not givin enough gas when you strat to move too......just finsh the tune up nad let us know from there.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (cranberry)

Replace you plugs, fuel filter, distributor cap, rotor button, clean your IACV and run some injector cleaner and then tell us what's wrong. Don't replace your OEM plug wires unless you can see bare wire! You should also adjust your idle screw a little and see if this helps.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DSeriesBKilla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DSeriesBKilla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Replace you plugs, fuel filter, distributor cap, rotor button, clean your IACV and run some injector cleaner and then tell us what's wrong. Don't replace your OEM plug wires unless you can see bare wire! You should also adjust your idle screw a little and see if this helps. </TD></TR></TABLE>
i've been trying to tell him that for the past 2 weeks......doesnt listen very well.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i told you cranberry. i ordered some ngk spark plugs and wires. have not got them yet. i just recently changed my dist cap and rotor and got some free ngk iridium spark plugs from a friend untell i get my new ones. i have already tryed running an octane booster on 91octane Plus STP complete fuel system cleaner and that didnt work. it still drops down to about 400-500rpm. i did a compresstion test and also checked all my sensors and all were throwing good signals back. also checke dmy timing and that was right on the dot. other then that i got a used exhaust manifold from a buddy but me and him need time to put it on.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by central_driver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i told you cranberry. i ordered some ngk spark plugs and wires. have not got them yet. i just recently changed my dist cap and rotor and got some free ngk iridium spark plugs from a friend untell i get my new ones. i have already tryed running an octane booster on 91octane Plus STP complete fuel system cleaner and that didnt work. it still drops down to about 400-500rpm. i did a compresstion test and also checked all my sensors and all were throwing good signals back. also checke dmy timing and that was right on the dot. other then that i got a used exhaust manifold from a buddy but me and him need time to put it on. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct scentence structure should have the other person listed first... More correctly stated:

"but he and I need time to put it on".
Old 02-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by central_driver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i told you cranberry. i ordered some ngk spark plugs and wires. have not got them yet. i just recently changed my dist cap and rotor and got some free ngk iridium spark plugs from a friend untell i get my new ones. i have already tryed running an octane booster on 91octane Plus STP complete fuel system cleaner and that didnt work. it still drops down to about 400-500rpm. i did a compresstion test and also checked all my sensors and all were throwing good signals back. also checke dmy timing and that was right on the dot. other then that i got a used exhaust manifold from a buddy but me and him need time to put it on. </TD></TR></TABLE>
where the plugs used? what did the old ones look like? do you know where the idle control vavle is? octane booster wont help your stock motor run any better....your to much man.....on top of the throttle body theres a screw let the car warm up and play with it till the rpms rise.