Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Tried teg forum and no response.. HELP... B-series tranny problem... HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tried teg forum and no response.. HELP... B-series tranny problem... HELP

Like i said above.. I've tried the integra forum but no response.. I usally get more response here so help a brother out guys...

i have a friend that desperately needs help.. this is his daily driver and he needs it fixed asap.. on with the problem... Theres a weird grinding noise that is coming from the engine and/or axle... everytime he passes 40mph and lets off the gas and the rpm drops to about 1500rpms theres a weird grinding noise that is coming from the tranny or axle ( well the passenger side of the car/engine ).. it keeps on grinding and grinding until he comes to a complete stop, presses on the gas again or put it in neutral.. also when he puts in the in 1st gear (its an automatic) and goes it does the same thing be even worst.. the motor jerks badly and continues to make the grinding noise until he upshifts to 2nd and so on and so forth.. if you guys have any input i and he would gladly appreicate it .. thanks H-T..
again guys its an auto tranny..

Old 04-05-2006, 01:01 PM

anyone??!!! bump!!
Old 04-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tried teg forum and no response.. HELP... B-series tranny problem... HELP (petersayarath)

its hard to tell with an auto tranny with stuff like that. probably needs tore apart and inspected
Old 04-05-2006, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tried teg forum and no response.. HELP... B-series tranny problem... HELP (postman)

I say torque converter shutter. The clutch bands are probably worn out. Which sent most of the material (clutch material) into the converter. I say its time for a rebuild. IDK Im no tranny tech.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:10 PM

thanks.. anybody know exactly what it is?? how much would a rebuild be?? becuz my friend is thinkin about converting to a manual if its pricey..
Old 04-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tried teg forum and no response.. HELP... B-series tranny problem... HELP (petersayarath)

I'd say about a grand for the rebuild if the shop has to pull the tranny. If you were to pull the tranny it would be cheaper. However, benchtop jobs are only getting a rebuild kit installed. They do not diagnose the problem. I suggest spending the extra money if you were to go this route. If not, convert to manual.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:36 PM

probably be pulling the tranny ourselves. best bet is to convert to manual.. thanks for the help guys