Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

tried to change the bulbs in my climant control to amber need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tried to change the bulbs in my climant control to amber need help

so it started out with my stereo getting stolen and so i figured it would be a good time to change my bulbs in the climant control while i can get to it easy.

i have changed the bulbs to new bulbs but still no light. i checked to see if there is power going to the sockets and there is power going to it. i thought maybe the amber paint was blocking the conection to the bulbs so i bought new bulbs but still no luck. im using two 74 size bulbs. has anybody had a problem changing the bulbs? i really dont care about having the amber bulbs i just want the stupid unit to light up. anyhow if anybody could help much thanks.

keith
Old 02-09-2004, 01:58 PM

Default Re: tried to change the bulbs in my climant control to amber need help (kwil6666)

dont know if itll help you....but...
i had a similar problem with my cluster
i just changed my cluster and when i put it in it would not light up
right b4 goin at it with a test light i realized the plug
for the dimmer switch was out
apparently the dash lights wont work till the dimmer finishs the circuit
also i know if the hazard button is unplugged the
blinkers will not light on the cluster

anyway....check too see that <U>everything</U> is plugged in
or jus tap on the dash a lil bit like i gotta do to my climate control
Old 02-09-2004, 02:18 PM

Default Re: tried to change the bulbs in my climant control to amber need help (EGinNY)

yeah i do have a proplem with my dimmer switch shorthing out sometimes and my gauge lights go out every now and then. but i dont think thats it becase i have power going to the lights in the climant control as i put the bulbs in. thanks alot for your post though.

keith
Old 02-09-2004, 02:58 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: tried to change the bulbs in my climant control to amber need help (kwil6666)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kwil6666 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah i do have a proplem with my dimmer switch shorthing out sometimes and my gauge lights go out every now and then. but i dont think thats it becase i have power going to the lights in the climant control as i put the bulbs in. thanks alot for your post though.

keith </TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds like you know what your problem is to me
Old 02-10-2004, 06:05 AM

Default Re: tried to change the bulbs in my climant control to amber need help (USDMDC2)

no its not that its working fine right now and there is power going to the sockets.

am i using the wrong size bulbs, there are suppost to be 2 #74s right?

are the bulbs in the climant control are on the same fuse as the bulbs for the dash?

im pretty lost here

thanks
keith
Old 02-10-2004, 12:09 PM

bump
Old 02-10-2004, 01:37 PM

am i using the wrong size bulbs, there are suppost to be 2 #74s right?

are the bulbs in the climant control are on the same fuse as the bulbs for the dash?

keith
Old 02-10-2004, 02:38 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kwil6666 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

keith</TD></TR></TABLE>

open the panel under your dash to expose the fuses....on the back of the panel should be a list of what fuses are for what accesories.....
Old 02-11-2004, 10:24 PM

Default Re: tried to change the bulbs in my climant control to amber need help (EGinNY)

i checked the panel it dosent actually say anything about the lights on the climant control, but it shouldnt matter becase when i check the sockets with a test light there is power going to them. the test light even dimmes when i dim the rest of them. anybody have any ideas of how to help me.

keith
Old 02-11-2004, 10:29 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kwil6666 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i checked the panel it dosent actually say anything about the lights on the climant control, but it shouldnt matter becase when i check the sockets with a test light there is power going to them. the test light even dimmes when i dim the rest of them. anybody have any ideas of how to help me.

keith</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you have power, then what else could it be?

:the bulb:

either you have bad bulbs, or they are not making
a conection. If it fits in the hole, shouldnt it light up?
correct me if im wrong, i dont know much about anything.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:18 AM

Default Re: tried to change the bulbs in my climant control to amber need help (elwood)

yeah thats what im saying there is power i have tried two sets of new #74 bulbs and nothing. im so lost here i cant think of anything else. so if anybody can think of anything im up for trying anything.

keith
Old 02-12-2004, 11:42 PM

bump
Old 02-13-2004, 08:51 AM

Same thing happened to me when i did it, but i was also chiseling out the sound deadening tar throughout my car so i got lazy. Had 2 extra bulb harnesses laying around. ( a higher wattage than stock anyways) So i wired two of them from my gauge cluster fuse and just got red 94's that fit in the sockets. Bang, a nice bright reddish-orangish glow from the climate control. If you do choose this method, don't use too high of a wattage or you'll get a little more glow than you intended.... if you know what i mean.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:24 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGinNY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont know if itll help you....but...
i had a similar problem with my cluster
i just changed my cluster and when i put it in it would not light up
right b4 goin at it with a test light i realized the plug
for the dimmer switch was out
apparently the dash lights wont work till the dimmer finishs the circuit
also i know if the hazard button is unplugged the
blinkers will not light on the cluster

anyway....check too see that <U>everything</U> is plugged in
or jus tap on the dash a lil bit like i gotta do to my climate control
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i had the same problem
make sure errrrythang is connected
Old 02-13-2004, 09:53 AM

Default Re: tried to change the bulbs in my climant control to amber need help (GARBhatch.)

anybody know where i can get those sockets and what wattage the stock is?

i know everything is all wired up becase i have power going to the sockets.

one thing i didn notice is that there is two wires going into the back of both sockets they are both red and both have power going to them. one (when tested with the test light) just lights up and the other lights up and dims with the dimmer switch. now what im wondering is where is the ground.

if anybody can shead some light on this for me that would be great becase im kind of in the dark here....haha i made a funny

keith
Old 02-17-2004, 01:47 PM

well i dont know if anybody even cares about this post still but i got it working. i just keep messing with the bulbs and they work now. thanks for all your guys help.

keith