Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

trany proble need help please.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trany proble need help please.

please help i have a three puck clutch disk and xtreme pressure plate with 8lb flywheel. my clutch slips when i floor it, but it's fine when u first releases it and act what it's suppose too. i have a trany from a 95 dx could that b the problem??? need help.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: trany proble need help please. (r1ch1e)

Did you break it in correctly? Was it installed correctly?
Old 11-10-2005, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: trany proble need help please. (Luserkid)

i dind't really break it in once it was in. i just did one burn out and that was the end of it.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:52 AM
Will you make something up for me please?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by r1ch1e &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">please help i have a three puck clutch disk and xtreme pressure plate with 8lb flywheel. my clutch slips when i floor it, but it's fine when u first releases it and act what it's suppose too. i have a trany from a 95 dx could that b the problem??? need help.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You said you have an ACT kit? Your sentence structure was hard to read. I assume, since you kinda mention "act" in there and ACT is the only manufacturer that calls one of their pressure places the Xtreme series.

Anyway, in that case, I wasn't aware that ACT made a 3 puck. Only a 4 and a 6 unsprung hub. Was your installed correctly? Are you sure it's not your wheels spinning rather than the clutch slipping? When I had my 4 puck, I would spin my wheels until the middle of 4th gear, sometimes it felt like the clutch was slipping because it grabs so hard and fast.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you break it in correctly? Was it installed correctly? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Pucked clutches do not need to be broken in.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: trany proble need help please. (shamoo)

it's not ACT you knwo how a stage three works it just grabs that's how mine is at the start but say if i'm driving it's won't grab you hear my engine reving, but i'm still in the same place... mayb i did something wrong becuase i did the z6 manifold on a y7 i hope it's that.. and everything was installed correctly.?. one thing i didn't do was use brake cleaner to clean off the oil on the fly wheel mayb that could be it..??
Old 11-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by r1ch1e &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's not ACT you knwo how a stage three works it just grabs that's how mine is at the start but say if i'm driving it's won't grab you hear my engine reving, but i'm still in the same place... mayb i did something wrong becuase i did the z6 manifold on a y7 i hope it's that.. and everything was installed correctly.?. one thing i didn't do was use brake cleaner to clean off the oil on the fly wheel mayb that could be it..?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

first off, and i'm not trying to be a dick here, but, in order for anyone to help you, you need to learn to speak and type correct english. it's very hard to read your sentences. secondly, what the hell does your manifold have to do with it? and how much oil was on your flywheel?
Old 11-15-2005, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: trany proble need help please. (peacexisxfree)

sorry for my grammer. when i bought the flywheel the guy said clean it with break cleaner because there's a thin layer of oil on it. and i was thinking it might be my manifold because the z6 throttle has a few more values than the y7. i was think mayb it was sucking too much air.. that's why i brought up my manifold. and i appreciate the help
Old 11-15-2005, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oil resiude on the flywheel or pressure plate would definitely cause the clutch to slip.. shoulda cleaned it with break cleaner
Old 11-16-2005, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (civic_driver)

can i just get a nex pad if possible?? when i did the trany change i looked at my clutch plate and it was really smooth.. :/
Old 11-16-2005, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: trany proble need help please. (shamoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shamoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Pucked clutches do not need to be broken in.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by r1ch1e &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dind't really break it in once it was in. i just did one burn out and that was the end of it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

If theres springs you should still break it in just to be safe. Thats probably why his took a **** on him.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: trany proble need help please. (Luserkid)

there's no springs.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So its an unsprung 3 puck no name clutch, with a Xtreme PP?

I think your going to need to pull the tranny to find your problem.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (civic_driver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic_driver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oil resiude on the flywheel or pressure plate would definitely cause the clutch to slip.. shoulda cleaned it with break cleaner</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wrong. Brake cleaner leaves a residue. Not reccomended with clutches. Use alcohol.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hybrid93Eg)

it stink i can only post 5 messages within a 24hr period. soo if you don't hear from me untill tomorrow after noon or evening that is why..

if i change my clutch plate should that resolve my problem?