Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Tranny Problems... Please help... My tranny really hates me!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tranny Problems... Please help... My tranny really hates me!!!!!

Engine : d16z6
Tranny: 1992 si

When i first got my car about 6 months ago, i knew the imput shaft bearing had to be replaced. The tranny also slightly grinded 3rd. So I had a friend who works at an Acura dealership replace my clutch and ISB. Everything was going good untill about a month ago. I started up my car and let off the clutch only to hear that damn waring of the bearing. WTF. SO i thought i would get to that later on in the week no time now.

I started to listen to the bearing again and it seams that the spun bearing isnt spun. No noise. GREAT. I continue on. Then about a week ago it came back. I though i would get to it later in a few days. No time now. 2nd gear is beginning to grind and 5th is starting to get really hard to go into. Im not forcing anything and this is all under normal driving.

So im driving 3 days ago and i go to shift into 3rd. It grinds like a mother ****** and pops out. So i go itno 4th. Same thing. 5th. Same thing. I end up pulling over on the highway. WHen im pulled over, it seams like nothing happened at all and all gears are working fine. I continue home.

Yesterday, It wouldnt go into 5th or 3rd. I started guessing shifter fork or syncros. ISB sound has not come back.

Today. !st gear is fine. 2nd grinds and pops out of gear on a down shift (normal driving w/ revmatching). 3rd grinds and pops out of gear. 4th is fine and 5th is sometimes good w/o grind and poping out and sometimes it just doesnt go in.

So Tonite i went from 1st to 4th gear all night long trying to baby the tranny. I really have no money for fixing this if its parts or that i need a new trany. What do you guys think the problem/problems are???

Keep in mind this is all under normal driving conditions. Not ripping on it. COuld it be that my motor and tranny hate me??? Or the weather?? Was the ISB instuled backward and thats the problem for everything???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Old 12-16-2004, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tranny Problems... Please help... My tranny really hates me!!!!! (dohcdelsol)

flush the fluid in the tranny. make sure it is clean. if you see metal shavings in it, then im sorry man but you are probably gonna need a new tranny or rebuild. i would do that and go from there.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my old z6 tranny did that when i bent my shift forks.

MY ITR tranny did that somewhat a few months ago and it was just the clutch.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

I had almost the same problem with my ys1 tranny especially when it got warm and it ended up being the clutch
Old 12-16-2004, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (EeKk^)

I have a brand new exedy organic clutch on it. could it really be the clutch??? I was thinking the ISB was put in backwards. ANyone else???