Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Tranny Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 Tranny Problems

A few months ago i was driving and my car engine would rev and id be in gear but go nowhere! After a little while the car slowly started to creep and i made it to where i had to go. When i went back to the car to go home it didn't have a problem making it home. But it would do it every now and than after that mainly when the car got warm or id do a lot of shifting. So figured the clutch was starting to go so shortly after that we replaced the clutch with an after market clutch new pressure plate flywheel and throwout bearing. Everything was put in correctly and the car was fine for a little while and than outta nowhere its starting to do it again I've bleed the line about 3-4 times now the fluid at first was kinda darker and now its coming out clear so i know all new fluid is in. We also replaced the clutch master cylinder and re-bled it again and now i was going to pick up my friend and i shifted from 3-4 at about 6k and it was fine but than when i did it on my way home from 3-4 at about the same rpm the clutch slipped. Than it would go in gear and go but if i hit the gas kinda hard it would slip but if i accelerated normal it wouldn't have a problem. Now i went to get an exhaust for my car last night and had to make it up a hill and that's where it seemed to struggle it was fine in til that point and then i could barely make it up the hill it would just rev and kinda start to go. Than on my way home i rode neutral down the hill and than when i got to the light on a flat spot and stopped i didn't have a problem after that the rest of the way home. At first the clutch pedal would be almost all the way out before the car would start moving and it seems like its still the case. hope you guys have some ideas!! I also have a brand new slave cylinder and a new line to put in.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:34 PM
New User

Default Re: Tranny Problems

i'm having basically the same problem. I have a 96 accord. I did a 5 speed swap and put a new clutch and replaced the slave cylinder internals about 6 months ago. Recently i noticed a slight leak behind the clutch pedal on the clutch master cylinder rubber boot. i pulled it out and replaced the internals and i bled it. it works fine for about 30 minutes of shifting then the pedal starts to get stiffer and seems that the clutch disengages later as i drive it more. when it's in gear and i press the gas aggressively the car revs high and doesnt go anywhere. I tried bleeding it more thinking that maybe there were air pockets in the lines but still have the same result. I dont know what else it could be. I even took the internals back and had the auto parts replace them with new ones. Still the same. The clutch was shifting fine before i did that but i didnt want the leak to get worse and leave me stranded on the side of the road. The only other thing i can think of is that maybe dirt or something got stuck in the lines and now its in the slave. has anyone else had experience with this?
Old 02-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tranny Problems

I replaced my line and slave i think its the line that did it though. on your frame you have a rubber line that goes to your slave cylinder and i believe that like a brake line after time it just deteriorates and cant hold up anymore i ordered a line off of here from b & r Fitters for 65 shipped