Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Tranny Noise and slow sun roof.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Noise and slow sun roof.

My tranny(manual) makes a weird rattling noise sometimes. It only does every once and usually while accelerating, it starts to "rattle" after 2k rpm. Ideas on what it could be?
Also my sun roof slides back really slow or not at all, so I have to help it. It will on rare occasions go back at a normal speed but it bounces. Any ideas on what to do? Some kind of grease or something in the tracks?

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:39 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: Tranny Noise and slow sun roof. (Maul Rat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Maul Rat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My tranny(manual)
Also my sun roof slides back really slow or not at all, so I have to help it. It will on rare occasions go back at a normal speed but it bounces. Any ideas on what to do? Some kind of grease or something in the tracks?</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha, mine does the same thing..except one day I was lookin at it, and noticed some springs and a plastic thing broken, so i took it out, and it started working better...but now the dam thing wont do **** really...it will open up and get stuck....lol.POS honda sun roof. but yeah, good luck with that..
Old 07-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Stouts 'n' Scotch

Default Re: Tranny Noise and slow sun roof. (Maul Rat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Maul Rat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My tranny(manual) makes a weird rattling noise sometimes. It only does every once and usually while accelerating, it starts to "rattle" after 2k rpm. Ideas on what it could be?
Also my sun roof slides back really slow or not at all, so I have to help it. It will on rare occasions go back at a normal speed but it bounces. Any ideas on what to do? Some kind of grease or something in the tracks?

Thank you in advance.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Tranny noise could be bearing related, but also could be an axle. Hard to tell over teh internets. As far as the sunroof, it could be a lack of grease, broken components or dirty electrical connectors at the switch.