Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   tranny is leaing fluid (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/tranny-leaing-fluid-2074894/)

futurefastguy 08-19-2007 04:49 PM

tranny is leaing fluid

Ive noticed that my tranny is leaking fluid but i don't know from where. is there a common place where the tranny will leak fluid from? the tranny has 160k miles on it btw. thanks in advance.

edit: i kno i messed up the title

egsleepercivic 08-19-2007 05:39 PM

clean the engine off real good and wait for to start leaking agian, maybe you have a bad axle seal, you need to narrow it down a little better

crazyguy 08-19-2007 05:40 PM

Re: tranny is leaing fluid (futurefastguy)

i think it might be your rear main seal.cause there is no seal or gasket for the tranny.to replace the rear main seal is a pain in the butt .time consuming.if u plan to do this by yourself then i will give u an idea of how to do it

futurefastguy 08-23-2007 11:33 AM

Re: tranny is leaing fluid (crazyguy)

thanx for the replies. im gonna clean up my bay really good and see where its coming from.

b20beast978 08-23-2007 11:37 AM

jack up your car front the front and look right under where the flywheel is....if your leaking oil out of there its your rear main seal and that needs to be replaced asap since it leaks like crazy!

chingpo05 08-23-2007 11:55 AM

not always <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crazyguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think it might be your rear main seal.cause there is no seal or gasket for the tranny.to replace the rear main seal is a pain in the butt .time consuming.if u plan to do this by yourself then i will give u an idea of how to do it</TD></TR></TABLE>

it could be his axle seals the rear main seal would leak oil not tranny fluid

instructor74 08-23-2007 12:09 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crazyguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think it might be your rear main seal.cause there is no seal or gasket for the tranny.to replace the rear main seal is a pain in the butt .time consuming.if u plan to do this by yourself then i will give u an idea of how to do it</TD></TR></TABLE>
There is a seal for the input shaft but the only way to get to it is to pull the entire trans apart, you have 2 drive shaft seals, if its a linkage shifter there is a seal under the rubber dust boot. There is a crush washer for the drain plug and lets not forget about it could be leaking from around the case half. there are 1 or 2 others but there are the most common ones