Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

<<<tranny help quick>>>

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default <<<tranny help quick>>>

last weekend i lost first and second gear in my 95 ex coupe. i aquired a tranny from what i think is a 93 SI this week. finished putting it in last night as well as a new clutch. heres my problem, now the clutch wont disengage enough to get in and out of gear. spent last night and this morning trouble shooting... bled the clutch lines at slave cylinder like 4 times, tried gravity bleeding also. i have a good pedal, and i know the slave cylinder is working. i drove it down the road this morning but had to use the "turn-it-off-put-it-in-gear-start it-" method for every gear. the trans. goes in and out of every gear with the car turned off and feels like it wants to go into gear with the car running but the clutch wont release enough. i appreciate any feedback. i need help today if possible and will be posting this in a couple of other forums. thanx for any help...

cam
Old 03-23-2002, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: <<<tranny help quick>>> (airman clutch)

Just had mine out this weekend too so I'm nt positive, but I'll throw and idea or two out there for you, maybe it'll give you an idea.

When you reinstalled the clutch fork, were you sure to slip the spring over the pivot ball? This is essentially the fulcum in the lever. If it's not making contact with the fork in the right place, you may not have enough travel to disengage the clutch?

Are you sure the slave cylinder ball is properly seated in the cup at the end of the fork?

Is the fork bent?

Did you kink the solid hydraulic line?

Hope this helps. Post again if you have any more info.
Old 03-23-2002, 05:26 PM

Default Re: <<<tranny help quick>>> (94CivicSi)

yes, i had a problem with the spring and pivot ball, but i fixxed that before the tranny went in. checked the slave cylinder ball and made sure of that also. even replaced the slave even tho there were no signs of leakage or any problems just to be sure. checked the fork to see if it was bent but didnt look like it, replaced it also anyways. checked all the lines and no problems with them either. just finished putting it back in (for the 4th time between today and yesterday) and its still the same thing. i think im gonna try replacing the master cylinder tomorrow to see if its ok. i appreciate the help, ill post back again when i know more...

thanx,
cam