Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Totally screwed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totally screwed!

So i went to the OSP (state police) to have my car vin certified so i can get it registered! As i'm talking to the officer that is looking at my car, he says "where did you get this block" I told him that it is from overseas, it's jdm. He says that the number doesn't show up in his database, and that it could be stolen! I told him that i got it from a overseas company and it came to the us via boat! He said that the block is not useable here and that the tranny is illegal too! Its a b16 tranny, but the knucklehead before me removed all the marks and stickers! He said " I think we may have to impound your car temporarily" but he went inside to check it out first, so I saw that as a opertune time to check out! And got in my car and drove off! So now back to the drawing board! I have reciepts for all my stuff, but aparantly that isn't enough anymore!
Old 12-23-2003, 09:53 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Totally screwed! (mattssi)

You're kidding me, right?

You drove off even though the officer has a clear description of both you and your car?

Also did he not take down your VIN and/or tag number first thing as well?

Now you've just screwed yourself by leaving - what do you want us to do about it in order to help you?

I'm not a fan of JDM swaps in states that make it next to impossible to own one, such as California, etc. They might be abundant and seemingly cheaper (until you add in the extra that are missing, unless you got a front cut) but their history is widely unknown and in your case, possibly even illegal.

Also I have spoken to a few importers that claim that the newer stuff with hella low miles like the new K20A Type R swaps, etc. are more than likely stolen because nobody gives up a perfectly good car for no reason other than to salvage it.

There's no way to know if yours isn't stolen.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Totally screwed! (B18C5-EH2)

Seriously,you set yourself up really badly. Now it looks like your stuff was stolen for sure. Good job at putting yourself in the hole.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:57 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the exact reason why theft is so popular. JDM swaps can be sold again and again and again...

As far as your small problem.... Sell your engine to someone from a more relaxed state and buy a USDM legal swap if youa re planning to stay in OR
Old 12-23-2003, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Totally screwed! (Nikos)

The officer doesn't know my name! My car doesn't have any vins! Or plates! So i'm cool there! The car is back in the shop, about to be tore apart! I am putting a spare d16z6 that is legal in the car in the coming days! And then i am going back! With a legit motor, they will have no choice but to give dmv the go ahead! And about driving off, I didn't do anything illegal! I wasn't stopped, I went there! I just didn't want to continue our conversation cause i didn't like where it was going!
Old 12-23-2003, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

better hope you do not see him around.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:25 AM
Former Moderator

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My car doesn't have any vins! Or plates! </TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF?

Why doesn't it have any VIN numbers on it?

Do you think that we will knowingly support something as shady as you driving around a car with no VIN, tag, and also some "JDM" swap with no VIN stuff either?

You should have your car impounded just for buying a tranny "with all the VIN stuff scraped off" like you stated before in your initial post.

You picked the wrong place if you think we support shady **** bro.

Old 12-23-2003, 10:31 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mattssi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The officer doesn't know my name! My car doesn't have any vins! Or plates!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

you mean your frame has no vin? The dashboard? If no, then what the hell did you think you are going to accomplish?
Old 12-23-2003, 10:31 AM

Title says it all, you are totally screwed and it looks like you did it to yourself.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You picked the wrong place if you think we support shady **** bro.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
My car has nothing shady on it bro! I'm not a theif! I bought the car from a junkyard! It was a stolen recovery! I thought by piecing it together i could save some cash! Big mistake! Nothing on my car is stolen, and i am driving legit right now because i have a trip permit, but it expires soon! My motor and tranny arn't stolen! The guy who had the tranny before was a tard and told everybody he had a type r tranny, and to avoid any reprocussions, he decided that the best course of action would be to take the stickers off, WTF! I didn't realize it when i bought it cause i never looked at it closely, that was my bad!
Old 12-23-2003, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mattssi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So i went to the OSP (state police) to have my car vin certified so i can get it registered! As i'm talking to the officer that is looking at my car, he says "where did you get this block" I told him that it is from overseas, it's jdm. He says that the number doesn't show up in his database, and that it could be stolen! I told him that i got it from a overseas company and it came to the us via boat! He said that the block is not useable here and that the tranny is illegal too! Its a b16 tranny, but the knucklehead before me removed all the marks and stickers! He said " I think we may have to impound your car temporarily" but he went inside to check it out first, so I saw that as a opertune time to check out! And got in my car and drove off! So now back to the drawing board! I have reciepts for all my stuff, but aparantly that isn't enough anymore! </TD></TR></TABLE>
OH MY GOD YOU ARE A ******* MORON
Old 12-23-2003, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nikos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you mean your frame has no vin? The dashboard? If no, then what the hell did you think you are going to accomplish? </TD></TR></TABLE>
When the car was stolen, they removed all the vins for some reason! I wasn't looking fo a course of action or anything, I just thought i would share my frustrations with you guys! I don't deal in shady parts, I have a b16a2 block i could use, but i was building it for FI, and it is now all tore apart! You don't know me personnaly, and if you did, you would know that i don't steal! Nor do i buy stolen parts!
Old 12-23-2003, 10:46 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

You got a title with the car? What is the connection between the title and the car? How do you know that this the the right title?
Old 12-23-2003, 10:46 AM
Former Moderator

Okay well when you post up a story like yours and then not explain befroehand why your car has no VIN numbers, etc. what else are we supposed to think?

I have no clue how to go about getting a clear title in Oregon - you don't need our help, you need to call the DMV or whoever will get your car road worthy/legal.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Totally screwed! (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
OH MY GOD YOU ARE A ******* MORON</TD></TR></TABLE>
F U. I have done everthing by the book. I have done everthing that dmv has asked me to do! I a ******* moron cause i bought a stolen recovery car and put a jdm motor in it?? And now i'm trying to register it! Your dumb!
Old 12-23-2003, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Totally screwed! (blackhatchy)

thats straight gangsta. lol
Old 12-23-2003, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nikos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You got a title with the car? What is the connection between the title and the car? How do you know that this the the right title?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah i have the title, and i know i have the right vin cause i took the title to honda and had a key made, and it works perfectly! I called the police a few minutes ago and spoke to the officer i bounced on, and he wasn't upset, and he said that he took and extra long time inside as a hint that i should take the car back home, which i did! He calmly said that i need to put a motor in the car that has usdm stamps on it, and that i could bring it back down and he would give me a vin certificate!
Old 12-23-2003, 10:53 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mattssi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
spoke to the officer i bounced on, and he wasn't upset, and he said that he took and extra long time inside as a hint that i should take the car back home, which i did! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nice cop
Old 12-23-2003, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Totally screwed! (ek four)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek four &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats straight gangsta. lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

You forgot to add y0!
Old 12-23-2003, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mattssi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
When the car was stolen, they removed all the vins for some reason! I wasn't looking fo a course of action or anything, I just thought i would share my frustrations with you guys! I don't deal in shady parts, I have a b16a2 block i could use, but i was building it for FI, and it is now all tore apart! You don't know me personnaly, and if you did, you would know that i don't steal! Nor do i buy stolen parts! </TD></TR></TABLE>
you should have explained that earlier
Old 12-23-2003, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Totally screwed! (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
you should have explained that earlier</TD></TR></TABLE>
You shouldn't have jumped to conclusions. But my bad for the non descriptive frustration venting! It won't happen again!
Old 12-23-2003, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Totally screwed! (ek four)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek four &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats straight gangsta. lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nuff said
Old 12-23-2003, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Totally screwed! (JDM-97CX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-97CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Nuff said </TD></TR></TABLE>
Not hardly! My neighbor shot a hispanic dude cause he was in his car at 4am, while he was in his car! Now that is gangsta!