Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Totaled the Civic

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totaled the Civic

I was in my civic about 2 weeks ago, just a normal day, trying to make it home after leaving a local performance shop. I was on UT campus just passing under a green light when some dumb girl runs a red light an T-bones me at 85mph!!!! the speed limit on 21st street is 35. luckily she didnt get the driver side door but she pushed the front fender a foot and a half into the car, the messed up thing is she didnt ever let off the gas, so when she pushed my car away from her she hit me again in the left rear quarter panel. i was knocked out for about 15 mins. when i woke up i was in a ambulance....(sucked). Well she said i ran the redlight and there were no witnesses so the Dyke *** cop wrote it up that way so i have to go to court....but with the evidence that i have i should be able to win it and get some money back...atleast my lawyer thinks so. Here are some words of advice, watch out for black pontiac grand-ams....they hurt like hell. Im in the market for a another civic now, i want a hatch, EG or EK, it doesnt matter. if anyone has one up for sale let me know. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:25 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Totaled the Civic (JdmEj8Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JdmEj8Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was in my civic about 2 weeks ago, just a normal day, trying to make it home after leaving a local performance shop. I was on UT campus just passing under a green light when some dumb girl runs a red light an T-bones me at 85mph!!!! the speed limit on 21st street is 35. luckily she didnt get the driver side door but she pushed the front fender a foot and a half into the car, the messed up thing is she didnt ever let off the gas, so when she pushed my car away from her she hit me again in the left rear quarter panel. i was knocked out for about 15 mins. when i woke up i was in a ambulance....(sucked). Well she said i ran the redlight and there were no witnesses so the Dyke *** cop wrote it up that way so i have to go to court....but with the evidence that i have i should be able to win it and get some money back...atleast my lawyer thinks so. Here are some words of advice, watch out for black pontiac grand-ams....they hurt like hell. Im in the market for a another civic now, i want a hatch, EG or EK, it doesnt matter. if anyone has one up for sale let me know. Thanks. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Sucks. Check the Honda-Tech MarketPlace for cars for sale.

As a side note too though, also watch out for maroon Chrysler Cordobas.

They also hurt.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Totaled the Civic (NOFX)

HAHA...i'll keep that in mind. I tried to post up under WTB but it wouldnt let me. I had an account on here a while back and when i tried to send for my password it said it would send it to my e-mail but it never did. I checked to make sure everything was right on my address and it was but it still never sent me my old password, so i had to make a new account.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:41 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JdmEj8Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HAHA...i'll keep that in mind. I tried to post up under WTB but it wouldnt let me. I had an account on here a while back and when i tried to send for my password it said it would send it to my e-mail but it never did. I checked to make sure everything was right on my address and it was but it still never sent me my old password, so i had to make a new account.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Hmm... I can't tell you much about the old account, but after so many posts and so many days on here you'll no longer be a trial member. Then you can pot a FS/WTB or WTT thread in the MarketPlace.

Plus you can also PM a mod then in the event that you want your old account back. Check the mod profiles for email addresses or AIM addresses too. That might speed up getting your old account back if they can.

Oh, and you should be able to only post five posts in a day until you're not a trial member. So use them wisely!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Hmm... I can't tell you much about the old account, but after so many posts and so many days on here you'll no longer be a trial member. Then you can pot a FS/WTB or WTT thread in the MarketPlace.

Plus you can also PM a mod then in the event that you want your old account back. Check the mod profiles for email addresses or AIM addresses too. That might speed up getting your old account back if they can.

Oh, and you should be able to only post five posts in a day until you're not a trial member. So use them wisely!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ill try the mod thing i need a car bad.....im puttin to many miles on the Z between college and work. I appriciate the help.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:58 PM

85? thats crazy. I was rear ended by a explorer going like 40 a month back. Luckely I was driving my Dakota and not my Honda, the Honda wouldn't have lived. I couldn't imagine being hit by someone going twice that fast, and in the side to yet. Sorry to hear about that man.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Totaled the Civic (stock_honda_coupe)

And you could try craigslist.com as well to try to find a new car.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Totaled the Civic (stock_honda_coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stock_honda_coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">85? thats crazy. I was rear ended by a explorer going like 40 a month back. Luckely I was driving my Dakota and not my Honda, the Honda wouldn't have lived. I couldn't imagine being hit by someone going twice that fast, and in the side to yet. Sorry to hear about that man. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea it sucked they said if she would have hit me in the door i would have been killed instantly. I wish i still had my civic. yea ive tried craigslist theres just not what im looking for on there. When i had my coupe everyone tried to trade me there hatches or sell me one and now that i dont have a car noone wants to sell them......AHHH gay.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:52 PM
H-T White Ops

A Cordoba hit my mom's PT Cruiser while my boyfriend was driving it. I was in the passenger seat. He hit us at about 45mph. The rear window blew out, the passenger lower corner got all messed up and the hatch buckled in. The passenger rear door also budged forward and overlapped the front door so that when I went to get out I couldn't open the door.

The kid driving it said his brakes "stopped working." His Cordoba was also insured as a Charger.

The Cordoba:

The PT:

The OP should try autotrader.com and cars.com too. Anything helps I suppose.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:17 PM
GO GIANTS!

Default Re: (NOFX)

Jesus christ.

Craigslist.com; Marketplace; lemonfree.com; ebaymotors; ;
Old 11-01-2007, 08:49 PM

Man sounds like a brutal accident, glad your ok. Just too bad for your civic, dumb girl driver... got any pics of the accident? this is something i'm interested in seeing.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Totaled the Civic (mizzoEG)

that sucks man...

you had to want a hatch too.... i'm planning on selling my 93 ex coupe soon.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Totaled the Civic (SOHCejcivic)

Damn thats crazy!

Do you have any pics of the destruction?
Old 11-02-2007, 04:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

theres no way she was going 85 and the officer wrote it up as your fault.

50 over the speed limit would've merited this girl a trip to jail, and a ticket for reckless driving.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (instrument)

^^^ I agree... it may have felt like 85, but I promise you, if she was doing 85, she prolly would have died, and you prolly would still be in a coma.. not to mention that if she was doing that speed, your car wouldnt have a nose left on it..

Still sucks no matter what and Im sorry for your loss... you said there were no witnesses to say she ran the red light... so what evidence do you have that you lawyer thinks will get it put back on her? Good Luck either way
Old 11-02-2007, 05:53 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Sucks. Check the Honda-Tech MarketPlace for cars for sale.

As a side note too though, also watch out for maroon Chrysler Cordobas.

They also hurt.</TD></TR></TABLE>

As do green Chevy Cavaliers.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:22 AM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by instrument &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">theres no way she was going 85 and the officer wrote it up as your fault.

50 over the speed limit would've merited this girl a trip to jail, and a ticket for reckless driving.</TD></TR></TABLE>
When my car's brand new tire blew out and sent me spinning into a concrete pillar, the cop told me I "must have been going 90." This was in a 15mph zone on a long road that goes around a mall. I got a careless driving ticket, but no jail. The ticket itself was garbage anyway. I was going about 40 last I looked (going into the wide turn) and the fastest I could have been going was 45.

I wanted to sue the tire company that had just put that tire on my car 2.3 miles before, but lawyers weren't interested because I (or anyone else) wasn't hurt enough. I was told I'd need "10-25 thousand to do a tire analysis."
Old 11-02-2007, 12:24 PM

ebay ftw
Old 11-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18Chonda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18Chonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ebay ftw</TD></TR></TABLE>

carnage pics ftw

Default Re: Totaled the Civic (mizzoEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mizzoEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man sounds like a brutal accident, glad your ok. Just too bad for your civic, dumb girl driver... got any pics of the accident? this is something i'm interested in seeing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea ill have the pics up as soon as i find the URL cable for my camera....sry guys, may take a bit.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: (greenblurr93)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by greenblurr93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^^ I agree... it may have felt like 85, but I promise you, if she was doing 85, she prolly would have died, and you prolly would still be in a coma.. not to mention that if she was doing that speed, your car wouldnt have a nose left on it..

Still sucks no matter what and Im sorry for your loss... you said there were no witnesses to say she ran the red light... so what evidence do you have that you lawyer thinks will get it put back on her? Good Luck either way</TD></TR></TABLE>

When i post the pics u will see what im talking about.......may not have been 85 but it was over 65 i can promise u that. He says that the damages done to the car prove that she was speeding......and the girl that was with me (she was perfectly fine...a few bumps and bruises) talked to the girl and so did her brother and they both heard her say "I know i didnt run that red light because i know its a quick changing red-light and i was in a hurry to get through it"........obviously she didnt make it.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:53 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by instrument &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">theres no way she was going 85 and the officer wrote it up as your fault.

50 over the speed limit would've merited this girl a trip to jail, and a ticket for reckless driving.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well the cop was one of those dyke *** lesbian bitches.....that hates imports......so lets see im a 20 yr old "kid" with a street racing car(common misperception), and she's a 23 year old woman driving a regular car.......so it was obviously my fault...right guys????
Old 11-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry to hear man
Old 11-04-2007, 09:27 PM

Default Re: (JdmEj8Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JdmEj8Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well the cop was one of those dyke *** lesbian bitches.....that hates imports......so lets see im a 20 yr old "kid" with a street racing car(common misperception), and she's a 23 year old woman driving a regular car.......so it was obviously my fault...right guys???? </TD></TR></TABLE>

If you drive a 4 cylinder with any modifications, cops will alway assume you were doing something you weren't suposed to.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (stock_honda_coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stock_honda_coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you drive a 4 cylinder with any modifications, cops will alway assume you were doing something you weren't suposed to.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's a load of ****.

Call me crazy, but I'm sure there's more to the story than meets the eye.

There always is 3 sides to a story, we've heard two.

PS: I have a hell of a hard time believing that if she hit you going 85 mph that it it didn't appear that way. The grand-am is a big *** car, it woulda hurled your civic accross the road like a ball of paper.

Momentum = mass * velocity

Velocity is measured in meters per second, mass is measured in kg, to convert mph to m/s divide mph by 2.237 and to convert from lbs to kg the conversion is lbs / .2248 / 9.81 if I remember my physics correctly.

Never thought that **** would pay off, in any event.

I still find it hard to believe she nailed you 85 and the cop wrote it up and claimed it looked like a 35mph accident, alright.

Like I said, definitely more to the incident than meets the eye, don't fill up this forum with your bullshit, I wanna see the 3rd side to the story.