Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

total-boost.com .. reliable engine supplier?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default total-boost.com .. reliable engine supplier?

i was thinking of getting an engine swap from total-boost.com, but i know there are lots of crappy engine suppliers out there. Has anybody had a good or bad experience with this company?
Old 01-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: total-boost.com .. reliable engine supplier? (blackoutcivic)

as far as i know, hes a VERY reliable source, he cares alot out customer service. i suggest buying from him.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:06 PM

Default Re: total-boost.com .. reliable engine supplier? (MonKey Magic)

actually just talked to some locals who recommended totalboost so i think im gonna go with them.. fair prices to it seems like.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:09 PM

He's a good guy. The threads on here bashing him were made a competing shop.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=727018
Old 01-10-2004, 04:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Ninety2SiR)

Is there any actual feedback of people that have bought from him?

He used to work at Osaka
Old 01-10-2004, 04:54 PM

Default Re: (tonyXcom)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tonyXcom &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is there any actual feedback of people that have bought from him?

He used to work at Osaka </TD></TR></TABLE>

when he first came on here, didn't he claim to be completely unaffiliated w/ osucka???
Old 01-10-2004, 05:00 PM

Default Re: (EG2 SiR)

Well, from what I remember, he came on immediately saying he wasn't offiliated and was not and has nothing to do with them.

Then it later came out that he worked there.

Not saying that it has any bearing on his current dealings, but given HT's past with motor dealers out of Canada, I can't help but to let people know to be VERY careful.

He could turn out to be a stand up guy, and I would like nothing more for HT members to get cheap and quality motors, but I have yet to see anyone truely vouch for him or his product.

Not to mention the first person to buy something from his motor distributor direct got screwed.. this was after strong recommendations from Total-boost.

Old 01-10-2004, 05:05 PM

Andre @ Total-boost seems to be very professional. And concerned with customer service. I will purchase a motor from him most certainly.
I also have purchased a few motors from hmotorsonline (steve) and have been very happy. clean motors and quality!
But Andre seems to be a very cool guy and on top of the QC of the products he sells.
my .02cents
Old 01-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (b20eg)

Alright, well sorry for high-jacking the thread hehe.

First off I made the website for Osaka, I did not work there, I just wanted to make that clear since I believe being honesty is what this industry lacks.

Secondly, TONY I believe the customer you are referring to was the one with the Mr2 engine? If so, that situation was patched up, he was sent a motor free of charge, and claimed to be happy with the whole situation, despite the problem that came up.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please let me know. I'm sorry for interupting, I'm not sure why but anytime I disrupt a post, people stop posting after so I'm not sure if i should of done this but I wanted to make a few things clear.

Take care,

Andre
Old 01-12-2004, 11:50 AM

Default Re: (TotalBoost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TotalBoost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Secondly, TONY I believe the customer you are referring to was the one with the Mr2 engine? If so, that situation was patched up, he was sent a motor free of charge, and claimed to be happy with the whole situation, despite the problem that came up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, but the part that concerned me was their lack of regard.. until you stepped in. I don't think you should have had to get involved to get it resolved, they should have resolved the issue with their customer on their own, know what I mean.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes I fully understand. But I did after all refer him, in other words generated it. I felt somewhat responsible, and I know alot of people who have been "played" in this market, and it's not a fun thing to live at all.

I'm not one that can happily live off other's mysery, it's just not in me. I will cut the preaching short, but let's put it this way, I have feelings... while I won't name any, alot of competitors don't and only want the stuff in your wallet, or Paypal account.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:01 PM

Fair enough.

I hope you don't feel that I have ever bad mouted you here. I have just lived (read) though so many horror stories with Osaka and their many aliases, that like yourself, cannot live off of ones misery, well at least when it comes to procuring a motor , that I feel compelled to at least put the warning out there for people.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hehehe no worries man.

Although I did notice you were always there to post after me with your opinion, no hard feelings. Alot of companies have been screwing around lately and you were only bluntly concerned for everything, and I don't blame you.

To be honest with you, I actually expect more people to be persistant like you, but I'm happy it wasn't the case!
Old 01-12-2004, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am currently working a deal for 5-6 motors from Andre at Total Boost. I will let you all know how it turns out at the end of the month.
Old 01-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (red civic standard)

Great customer. Members of the motor run were having alot of fun finding some hidden JDM goodies stashed all over the place hehe.
Old 01-17-2004, 03:20 PM

K ill go. The shop I work at bought some stuff from him. We had trouble at first and stuff wasnt getting done it wasnt total boost fault...but i talked to him and gave him a bit of a hard time and finally he did make sure most of it got fixed. Now the second engine swap we bought from him went alot smoother and we actually had a good experience and nothing was wrong or broken when we got it. So First time wasnt good but second time buying an engine from him was great.

DEF
Old 01-17-2004, 03:33 PM

Default Re: (deftones0817)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by deftones0817 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">K ill go. The shop I work at bought some stuff from him. We had trouble at first and stuff wasnt getting done it wasnt total boost fault...but i talked to him and gave him a bit of a hard time and finally he did make sure most of it got fixed. Now the second engine swap we bought from him went alot smoother and we actually had a good experience and nothing was wrong or broken when we got it. So First time wasnt good but second time buying an engine from him was great.

DEF</TD></TR></TABLE>

glad it worked out for you, I think I will get my engine through them after all
Old 01-17-2004, 03:48 PM

Default Re: (DollyLlama)

i have never dealt with total-boost but my opinion is this, with all the reputable engine suppliers like importautosalvage.com and hmotorsonline.com i honestly would never think about purchasing an engine from total-boost. from what i have read and seen total-boost has not done many tranactions with members on this board and the transaction that have been made with HT members seemed to have had a problem somewhere along the way. if im paying thousands of dollars for something i dont want to have to deal with bullshit, i want it right the first time. again this is my opinion take it for what it is
Old 01-17-2004, 04:14 PM

Default Re: (horror)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by horror &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have never dealt with total-boost but my opinion is this, with all the reputable engine suppliers like importautosalvage.com and hmotorsonline.com i honestly would never think about purchasing an engine from total-boost. from what i have read and seen total-boost has not done many tranactions with members on this board and the transaction that have been made with HT members seemed to have had a problem somewhere along the way. if im paying thousands of dollars for something i dont want to have to deal with bullshit, i want it right the first time. again this is my opinion take it for what it is
</TD></TR></TABLE>

okay, so you're saying, dont buy from him cuz he has no reputation, yet he has no reputation because you advise people to NOT buy from him. that makes alot of sense!
Old 01-17-2004, 04:27 PM
memoryFAB.com representative

Default Re: (haloseven)

i agree. i would buy from him. i think he represents his company well
infact i think his prices are great as well!!
Old 01-17-2004, 04:30 PM

Default Re: (haloseven)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by haloseven &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

okay, so you're saying, dont buy from him cuz he has no reputation, yet he has no reputation because you advise people to NOT buy from him. that makes alot of sense! </TD></TR></TABLE>

read my post again, i didn’t say anything about his reputation or that he has no reputation. i did however say that the he has had problems in the past satisfying customers, and that i would not trust someone who has had these types of problems with thousands of dollars of my hard earned money. i also said that this was my opinion several times in my post, you have an opposing view. if you choose to purchase something from him than go for it. i would rather go with a company that has been around and has proved themselves to be superior in all aspects of sales. on another note, all the posts that i have read that involved total-boost, he has handled every situation and question very respectably
Old 01-17-2004, 05:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tonyXcom &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Fair enough.

I hope you don't feel that I have ever bad mouthed you here. I have just lived (read) though so many horror stories with Osaka and their many aliases, that like yourself, cannot live off of ones misery, well at least when it comes to procuring a motor , that I feel compelled to at least put the warning out there for people.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That’s all you've been doing, bad mouthing him!! Search for total-boost in the Archives and on every post made, you're there to bitch and put them down. You never bought anything from them, and you heard about 1 guy that wasn't happy, and it turned out it wasn't total-boost's fault and Andre actually took the time to fix others problems. You only hate him because he made the website for Osaka. Look at total-boost.com and compare it to any other engine site (hmotorsonline.com) or (importautosalvage.com) it's very obvious that he's a web designer. Leave him alone, since you have nothing to say because you don't know anything, you're just assuming everything, and it happens to be negative, and that's why I'm so mad.

I will also be purchasing an engine from them, like someone else said, if you going to spend thousands of dollars you want to make sure it works. And with André, it will.
Old 01-17-2004, 05:18 PM

Default Re: (Daniel_san)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Daniel_san &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That’s all you've been doing, bad mouthing him!! Search for total-boost in the Archives and on every post made, you're there to bitch and put them down. You never bought anything from them, and you heard about 1 guy that wasn't happy, and it turned out it wasn't total-boost's fault and Andre actually took the time to fix others problems. You only hate him because he made the website for Osaka. Look at total-boost.com and compare it to any other engine site (hmotorsonline.com) or (importautosalvage.com) it's very obvious that he's a web designer. Leave him alone, since you have nothing to say because you don't know anything, you're just assuming everything, and it happens to be negative, and that's why I'm so mad.

I will also be purchasing an engine from them, like someone else said, if you going to spend thousands of dollars you want to make sure it works. And with André, it will.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

nice sales pitch, hey and your both from ottawa canada...hmmm
Old 01-17-2004, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill give total boost a i talked to (totalboost) on aim kinda frequent. good guy.
Old 01-17-2004, 05:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by horror &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hey and your both from ottawa canada...hmmm</TD></TR></TABLE>

why do you think I like him so much

but seriously, if this was fake, don't you think that i would of change my location ? and that I would'nt be member for 255 days ?

Quick Reply: total-boost.com .. reliable engine supplier?