Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Torque and ticket question (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/torque-ticket-question-1004878/)

Jorsher 09-27-2004 04:11 PM

Torque, valve cover gasket, and ticket question

Well some idiot sideswiped my sol today, adding to my unfortunate experiences with the car. A cop came out and I got a ticket for driving on a suspended license (suspended when my car was in the shop and forgot about court, he could have arrested me) and wrote that I was in a 95 honda accord. I know that some typos can get your ticket dismissed, is this one? I doubt it but thought I'd ask.

I think my valve cover gasket is leaking oil because I was changing my plugs and wires today and the plug in the third cylinder was soaked in oil. Would I just need to replace the head and valve cover gaskets?

Also what is the proper torque for valve cover bolts on a del sol s, if any?

Thanks

Modified by Jorsher at 6:55 PM 9/27/2004

t0p_sh0tta 09-27-2004 04:43 PM

Re: Torque and ticket question (Jorsher)

Can't help with the ticket, but the tq for the valve cover bolts is 7 ft lbs IIRC.

SOHC4life 96 09-27-2004 04:47 PM

Re: Torque and ticket question (t0p_sh0tta)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by t0p_sh0tta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can't help with the ticket, but the tq for the valve cover bolts is 7 ft lbs IIRC.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I coulda sworn somone said its something in. lbs.

Jorsher 09-27-2004 05:55 PM

Re: Torque and ticket question (t0p_sh0tta)

what is iirc and how do i know what torque it is at?

Luserkid 09-27-2004 06:08 PM

Re: Torque and ticket question (Jorsher)

I just torque mine by hand and make sure it doesnt go to far.

hondainspired 09-27-2004 06:33 PM

Re: Torque and ticket question (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jorsher &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well some idiot sideswiped my sol today, adding to my unfortunate experiences with the car. A cop came out and I got a ticket for driving on a suspended license (suspended when my car was in the shop and forgot about court, he could have arrested me) and wrote that I was in a 95 honda accord. I know that some typos can get your ticket dismissed, is this one? I doubt it but thought I'd ask.

I think my valve cover gasket is leaking oil because I was changing my plugs and wires today and the plug in the third cylinder was soaked in oil. Would I just need to replace the head and valve cover gaskets?

Also what is the proper torque for valve cover bolts on a del sol s, if any?

Thanks

Modified by Jorsher at 6:55 PM 9/27/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wouldn't really depend on a typo to free you.... if you forgot about court... you should prob. not be driving anyway....