Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Toronto Area Shops?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toronto Area Shops?

Can those that live in the T.O area list any good shops to visit. I live in Mississauga, so im not that familiar with good shops in the T.O area. Thanx.
Old 05-03-2002, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Toronto Area Shops? (4drRacer)

Racing Evolution in Missisauga, a really good friend of mine works there, and they do a good job there i recommend going there, if you are in sauga,......
if your interested in going more central east like north york / york region
area then i'd recommend you to go to RTmotorsport (Corbeau Canada)
thats the shop i personally deal with...

if you want more info,
email me jeffboomer@hotmail.com

[Modified by Snatchback, 5:39 PM 5/4/2002]
Old 05-03-2002, 10:39 PM
New User

MS Auto in Scarborough.

416.291.6767 ask for Leonard

top notch service..have done all my work there.
Old 05-04-2002, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Toronto Area Shops? (SpoonCivic)

BC auto and design- Markham
Old 05-04-2002, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Toronto Area Shops? (Optiks)

Racing Evolution in Missisauga SUCKS BAWLZ...go there if you want 16yr olds banging on your cars with hammers,I don't event think those straws know what a torque wrench is as everything is done with a impact ,EVEN CYL HEADS!!

RT Goubersports, yeah OK #1 suppliers of tube frame **** seats that they'll rip you a new hole if you want to buy one.Their poser mount kits fall apart after a couple of hard shifts.Any fast cars out of this shop, uhhhh NO.

Go with
http://www.altechperformance.com/

Old 05-04-2002, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Toronto Area Shops? (essex)

Racing Evolution in Missisauga SUCKS BAWLZ...go there if you want 16yr olds banging on your cars with hammers,I don't event think those straws know what a torque wrench is as everything is done with a impact ,EVEN CYL HEADS!!

RT Goubersports, yeah OK #1 suppliers of tube frame **** seats that they'll rip you a new hole if you want to buy one.Their poser mount kits fall apart after a couple of hard shifts.Any fast cars out of this shop, uhhhh NO.

Go with
http://www.altechperformance.com/
1. i recollect that he was looking for advise for good shops not for people to rape others for there opinions

2. people that deal with good shops stay for a reason, and my friends that deal with Racing E, have no problems with their work......and i know the people at Racing and they are all well over 16yrs of age, and if any of you have any doubts on their performance, come to any circuit/road course day at Shannonville, Cayuga and you will see that their cars perform just fine!

3. as for RT, that is the shop i've dealt with and always will deal with, i haven't heard one complaint on RT's work or their seats.........as for any fast cars out of their shops,.................uhhhhhhhhhhhh hell YA....

4. o.k. neither of these shops may not have a 9 second drag hatch, like Altech does, i did not either put them down, or bash them in any way. i'll admit they are a good shop, and must be, since yes i have seen streetable honda's come from their shop that are really quick, but i have also seen the same from the 2 above shops.

5. everyone is gonna give their own opinion, let the customer do his own research, and make their own decision. it may also depend on what they are looking for also i guess so let them make their own decision, no need to put down other shops.

6. if your into the whole drag scene FYI, another friend of mine runs an allmotor USDM ITR in a 92-95 hatch that runs 12.8's on slicks and he doesn't even have a specific shop he deals with, he tries and does whatever he wants, never puts anyone down, and has much respect to all shops, just goes to prove its not 100% always about the best shop you deal with.

Old 05-04-2002, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can those that live in the T.O area list any good shops to visit. I live in Mississauga, so im not that familiar with good shops in the T.O area. Thanx.
what are you looking for??? there are many shops each is different in what they do well

you can start reading the following
http://www.dscr.net/ubb/cgi-bin/Ulti...assCookie=true
Old 05-04-2002, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Toronto Area Shops? (eg6ajk)

Right now I need to find a good shop for putting on coil overs. I often go to Max Motorsport, but they're quoting me about $190 to install...,is this cheap? Or am I getting ripped off?
Old 05-04-2002, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

4dr racer....what kind of coilovers do you have that you are want to install?
full coilver? or a sleeve and spring application?

i called RTmotorsport and they told me about $180 installation wether it be full or sleeve/spring coilover.

and Racing E in sauga told me $120 for a sleeve/spring coilover.....

let me know.
Old 05-04-2002, 01:13 PM

WHY the hell would I want to go to Altech?????????? First of all its located in the Ghetto; Dufferin & Dupont, and they have like 2 parking spaces! I've seen some of their CRX/B16 swaps...Pretty sad!!! Nothing, but mis-aligned installations, constantly causing driveshaft problems and who knows what else?? I was once told by an "insider" that they purposely mis-align the engine, so the customer would have to keep coming back to have their driveshafts changed! And about that 9 sec Civic they have...Oh Yeah I'm sure they built that!?!?!?! I saw that car at some show a while back, and engine was built by Bensen Maching out in Cali. All they had to do was "turn a wrench" to get it running. Altech is a "butcher shop" by day and "chop-shop" by night! Period!!

[Modified by AP1@9K, 10:25 PM 5/4/2002]
Old 05-04-2002, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Toronto Area Shops? (AP1@9K)

yO, whats up AP1@9K,...
where in R.Hill are you from?
i'm from there too, yonge/16th area.
you look like you literally registered
to get that reply off your chest....1 post...lol

[Modified by Snatchback, 11:21 PM 5/4/2002]
Old 05-04-2002, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Toronto Area Shops? (Snatchback)

what about good outlets for getting jdm engines from in T.O.
Old 05-04-2002, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Toronto Area Shops? (Snatchback)

-Im going with Skunk2 coil overs and with either Tokiko or KYB shocks. I'm still not sure which shocks, or if the price for the KYBs are worth getting it.
-Also is there are any other shocks that are good for around $150-$200, they dont really have to be adjustable.
Old 05-04-2002, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Toronto Area Shops? (daver)

Racing evolution at shannonville,aren't those the guys that pull consistant 25's at fabi bawhahahahaha I guess thats what modified gsr's in 4 doors will get ya.

If you want coilover sleeves yeah RT is the place to go for ractive and maxspeed
so I guess they do have somthing going for them.

And about that 9 sec Civic they have...Oh Yeah I'm sure they built that!?!?!?! I saw that car at some show a while back, and engine was built by Bensen Maching out in Cali.
Uh you think RT build there own motors? what like they have mills in the shop. Ever here of leitner&butcher.

if you like dropped valves glorified prices go to rt

AP1@9K wow nice how you registered right in time

4dr go with the KYB AGX, skunks have some stiff rates and you would be better off with them as they would be better able to cope. Tockico illumina is good too.

[Modified by essex, 11:51 PM 5/4/2002]

[Modified by essex, 11:52 PM 5/4/2002]
Old 05-04-2002, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

man do you let Altech's men rape you on the side to talk so much, so that they can get one more customer?

man with that mouth of yours i can picture what you look like too, some 5'5", 115lb gino with blonde frost in the hair all stiffed back like he's moving fast in his hatch even when he's parked in the parking lot of Palazzo's or Paparazzi's.....

Old 05-05-2002, 04:22 AM

I'm sure that RT provides their own specs or customer's specs, when it comes to machine work regardless of what ever machine shop they use. As opposed to Altech...."I just want that 10 sec, 9 sec pkg." I bet they don't even know what's inside their own engine!! I'm a proud Canadian! But REALISTCALLY, every fast drag car up here has partial, if not full assistance from someone in the States! I think its pretty pathetic that Altech is taking claim for someone else's work!
Essex, what do you have to say regarding my bit about Altech's purposely, mis-aligned engine installations, and driveshafts problems??? Or have you finally accepted the truth, because you have a CRX with a ****-eyed b16 underneath the hood!

Old 05-05-2002, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BAwhahahahahah you think rt provides their own specs! Yeah maybe they got those spec from superstreet. If you let RT provide there own specs then you are going to have valves meeting pistons and rods flying out of blocks!

Go down and check out altechs installs everything is done with mount kit, yes the fisrt ones were misaligned but now everything is done with a mount kit. Tell me another shop that does more engine swaps than these guys...uh no one.

I guess you don't know about rt's first attempt at welding in a b16

you must be new

because if being canadian is having your motor built by rt then go ahead and be proud of your 18sec et

walmart oil change guys=RT /RE mechanics (well maybe the walmart guys are a little better than the RE guys as they don't use vice grips and hammers for every job)

[Modified by essex, 8:05 PM 5/5/2002]

[Modified by essex, 8:06 PM 5/5/2002]
Old 05-05-2002, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Want a good shop with good prices and also has JDM ****...

Rev Auto Performance & Accessories.
11 Heritage Rd. Markham.
(905)201-0012
Spoon Sports, Zero Sports, Cusco, Kakimoto, JDM Honda, STi, Advan, Endless, TRD, ARC, Nismo, Zeal, Buddy Club, plus many others

very well known for customer service and can be found on the Ontario Forum in clubsi.com

Oh for coilovers what type of car you got is it a 96-00, I got 6 month used Maxspeed coilovers for a 96-00 Honda Civic...for $220 bucks, email me at azn_cash01@yahoo.com if interested

but go check out rev performance, they are really cool to deal with..
Old 05-05-2002, 02:57 PM

It was only a couple of months ago when i saw this custom blue CRX with an altech installed B16, It was the worst display craftsmanship ever. A god dam monkey could have told you the engine wasn't lined up properly!! I felt sorry for the guy, he seemed like a nice person that altech just took advantage of! It was basically a stock b16 with an intake, exhaust, and for stupid reason an MSD Blaster coil. Which was apparently recommended by altech. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the ignition sys. upgrades do absolutly nothing on a essentially "stock engine"

I know for a fact that RT's workmanship is based on overall perf. and reliabilty. They've built a lot of all-motor & F.I. daily driven honda's pushing well over 200 hp@ the wheels with a clean emission test! And if you've been around as long as you think you have...you would know that RT has been in business just as long as Altech

I'm not new to the import perf. market. I been in this industry even b4 you were considered a "wet dream"

If you say RT mechanics=Walmart...Then,
Altech would be just as good as Midas, "We do that!"

[Modified by AP1@9K, 11:58 PM 5/5/2002]
Old 05-05-2002, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea you know alot

Since when has RT been around for a long time,racing tech has had 3 owners you think just because you have the name that the quality is still there,I think not.

You must be looking at someone elses dynos sheet as there is no RT car pushing 200@the wheels,COULD you be dreaming?

Oh yeah are there any RT cars in the 13's,mmm NO!

I'm not new to the import perf. market. I been in this industry even b4 you were considered a "wet dream"
Well you must be old because the crust in your eyes is clouding your judgement.

I love to argue but this is getting old

RT =

yea I know your going to reply with some whiny rt bendover story,here is my response in advance

blah blah blah BIATCH