Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Toe Problem. Toe kit fix it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toe Problem. Toe kit fix it?

Well I got my car aligned today, and on the driver side, they had the extend the OEM hole that the toe adjust slides on, and still I am out of spec by about a third of a degree to the negative (which can be bad for tires) anyways, I was looking and found these

Would this give me more room for adjustment? Can these get shorter then the OEM toe connector (what ever that is called)
Old 04-13-2004, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Toe Problem. Toe kit fix it? (asmallsol)

has your car been wrecked or is it slammed?
Old 04-13-2004, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Toe Problem. Toe kit fix it? (kommon_sense)

kinda the first one. I hit a curb a while back ago, and I fucked something up, but everything looks ok.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks can be very deseving
Old 04-13-2004, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Vero)

my hatch has the same problem...passenger side has some toe-out in the front from an accident a while back.

sucks
Old 04-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by asmallsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well I got my car aligned today, and on the driver side, they had the extend the OEM hole that the toe adjust slides on, and still I am out of spec by about a third of a degree to the negative (which can be bad for tires) anyways, I was looking and found these

Would this give me more room for adjustment? Can these get shorter then the OEM toe connector (what ever that is called)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Two problems.

1). Toe is not adjusted with any "notches".. Its a threaded shaft on the end of your steering rack connected to the tie rods.

2). I have NEVER heard of a toe kit and I work in the field

and something else... You get like 3" of adjustment stock for toe. There should NEVER be a case you cannot set the toe in spec with that much adjustment... Unless something is bent very badly.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:52 PM

rear, not front. This kit is for the rear
Old 04-13-2004, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (asmallsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by asmallsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">rear, not front. This kit is for the rear</TD></TR></TABLE>

That makes more sense... The kit in question will correct camber, not toe. Even with that in mind, you should not need to notch the frame of the car for additional adjustments unless you have bent pieces or worn bushings. I would check those two items first.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This kit looks like it replaces the rear compensator arm, and can adjust toe. This looks like it makes adjusting toe much easier and more precise. There are other kits for camber which replace the upper control arms...and they look different on one end.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hashiriya)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hashiriya &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This kit looks like it replaces the rear compensator arm, and can adjust toe. This looks like it makes adjusting toe much easier and more precise. There are other kits for camber which replace the upper control arms...and they look different on one end.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It might replace the compensator arm.. I have not run across one of those kits before though.. I still stick with the idea that he should have plenty of adjustment unless he has bent parts or worn bushings. Installing a kit that allows more adjustment is not the correct solution in my eyes.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree with you Hybrid93Eg. I bet he has a bent trailing arm. It's probably hard to tell since a stock trailing arm has a bend in it already.

Still..I wouldn't mind trying one of those toe kits on my Civic.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:34 PM

Im new on here, but i have 95 del sol si dropped 2.5/3.0 and all i needed was a camber kit. My toe was correct. It had to be the wreck that pushed everything forward or back. Does you del sol have control arms cause mine didnt?
Old 04-13-2004, 09:01 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by asmallsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Would this give me more room for adjustment? Can these get shorter then the OEM toe connector (what ever that is called)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes they will help you. You can make it much shorter or longer than the OEM piece. You just unbolt the OEM and bolt on the SRR ones. I have them on my car and they are great.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hybrid93Eg)

look around alil harder next time

SPC offer two different one's i don't know the difference and have been trying to find out what the difference is. these are for adjusting toe, "B18c5_EH2" has one of these im not sure witch thouhg. his reasoning is because the stock one is not accurate and the setting's can still change under hard conditions. I THINK

http://www.spcperformance.com/....html

http://www.spcperformance.com/....html

now if these allow more then stock adjustments im not sure but from the looks of these and the SRR unit i THINK they are. hopefully tom will chim in here
Old 04-14-2004, 05:52 AM

actually, this is were I got the idea, on his Toe destroys tires, not camber. I belive that too, and that is why i need confromation that they can be made shorter then the OEM compensator arm.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i am not alone.
i hit a water meter thing once and my rear passenger trailing arm got a little fux0red. that tire wears soo much quicker than the rest.

when i got an alignment i was literally hanging on a pry bar trying to push the arm in as much as possible, but something is indeed bent. im on a tight budget at the moment so i havent purchased a rear disc brake conversion, but i think a toe kit will fix this for now and i'll replace the arm later on.

i think imma go ahead and buy a toe kit...
Old 04-14-2004, 08:17 AM

The thing that really sucks is, I have access to a wrecked Integra, however, on that trailing arm, I can not loosen the bolt for the compensator arm. I have put 4 ft long cheater bars on it, and I cant get the damn thing off. It really pisses me off.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Hybrid93Eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That makes more sense... The kit in question will correct camber, not toe. Even with that in mind, you should not need to notch the frame of the car for additional adjustments unless you have bent pieces or worn bushings. I would check those two items first.</TD></TR></TABLE>

they do allow more toe but allow you to adjust it much easier. Adjusting the stock one is a PITA and makes it hard to do quickly. These make toe adjustments easier and you could even make markings on it so you set zero and mark it and then mark another setting of your choice and go back and forth easier. Makes it nice to make quick adjustments without having to check the alignment.

s
Old 04-14-2004, 10:38 AM

may have tweeked a front LCA, did that on my ek, went to a junk yard and got a stock replacement for cheap.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Toe Problem. Toe kit fix it? (SB97civ)

ive installed those toe kits before and they are very easy to put on. likewise i have also done alignments on cars with them and they do make the adjustments easier. i would say though that you probably have something else wrong with your car like a bent trailing arm. i have seen it a few times that replacing the trailing arm fixed a serious toe out problem.
misha
Old 04-14-2004, 11:17 AM

any one know if you put aftermarket rear LCA (SPC/SRR) will you need this toe kit or stock adjustment good enough?
Old 04-14-2004, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Toe Problem. Toe kit fix it? (SB97civ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SB97civ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">may have tweeked a front LCA, did that on my ek, went to a junk yard and got a stock replacement for cheap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

uggghhh, we're talking about the rear.

s
Old 04-14-2004, 07:25 PM

Default Re: (Average Al)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Average Al &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any one know if you put aftermarket rear LCA (SPC/SRR) will you need this toe kit or stock adjustment good enough?</TD></TR></TABLE>

umm start your own thread, and aftermarket LCA's just free up weight and look pretty.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that comment i made about "look alil harder next time" wasn't to you it was to the guy who said he had never heard of these befor.

stock adjustment will be good for your every day needs i think
Old 04-14-2004, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slammed_93_hatch)

Getting a toe kit is a bandaid for your problem. Fix the real problem and replace whatever is bent.

Quick Reply: Toe Problem. Toe kit fix it?