Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

TIMING BELT help please

Old 07-21-2006, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TIMING BELT help please

I'm doing this tomorrow and I just know the gist of the job. I have all parts timing belt, tensioner, and waterpump. Can you guys please just list some important things I should note? I know that the crank pulley bolt is going to be a btich. Last time I tried it , we could'nt break it, this was when I was putting hte new motor in. Anyways please feel free to note things. Thanks guys.

Ryan
Old 07-21-2006, 10:31 PM

Default Re: TIMING BELT help please (Fighterinsnatch)

always give your self plenty of time. nothing ever goes smooth when your working on a honda (or anything as far as thats concerned). My first time to do this with the engine in the car i set aside a whole day just for it, guess what, the tensioner bolt rounded off, i had to push the car few hundred feet to a neighbors welder, weld a giant nut to the rounded off tensioner bolt just to remove it; all this after it had turned dark outside on me. the heat from the welder ruined the bearing in the tensioner, so the next day (Sunday) i was in search of a parts store that stocked a new tensioner as well as was open on a sunday, had to drive 2 hours roundtrip. finally had my car put back together to drive to work monday morning. Anyways kind of long and pointless, but just my experience. good luck
Old 07-21-2006, 11:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TIMING BELT help please (Fighterinsnatch)

this might help you a bit: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1669638
Old 07-22-2006, 12:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TIMING BELT help please (roma's GSReg6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roma’s GSReg6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">always give your self plenty of time. nothing ever goes smooth when your working on a honda (or anything as far as thats concerned). My first time to do this with the engine in the car i set aside a whole day just for it, guess what, the tensioner bolt rounded off, i had to push the car few hundred feet to a neighbors welder, weld a giant nut to the rounded off tensioner bolt just to remove it; all this after it had turned dark outside on me. the heat from the welder ruined the bearing in the tensioner, so the next day (Sunday) i was in search of a parts store that stocked a new tensioner as well as was open on a sunday, had to drive 2 hours roundtrip. finally had my car put back together to drive to work monday morning. Anyways kind of long and pointless, but just my experience. good luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

WOW!!! Thats a good fuggin way to help the guy out.

Just make sure you have all the tools necesary. And start early in the day. Just incase you need to run to the parts store for anything. Also, try to get your hands on an impact and compressor to get that crank pully off. AND MAKE SURE TO SET THE MOTOR AT TDC.