Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

tightenning throttle cable

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tightenning throttle cable

got a question here. sorry but curious to know before i do this. I am going to do this for the first time, n have seen the instruction on how to do this but just curious to know. i am going to tighten the throttle cable but i am wondering what happens to the extracable that goes inside the plastic wrap after i tighten the screw ? in other words, once i tighten the cable, i know that its going to pus a little bit of that cable inside so what happens when i press on the gas pedal. its a same thing right !. so i m not really tighetenning the cable. please explain
Old 12-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tightenning throttle cable (return_2020)

take 2 wrenchs, place one on each nut, loosen left nut, tighten right nut until prefered throttle cable tightness is achieved, then tighten left nut back on bracket. hold the right nut with your wrench while doing this, make sure they are both tight on the bracket. now that your have successfully adjusted your nuts you can take a break
it is pretty self explanitory
Old 12-08-2004, 02:38 PM

Default Re: tightenning throttle cable (lohatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lohatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">take 2 wrenchs, place one on each nut, loosen left nut, tighten right nut until prefered throttle cable tightness is achieved, then tighten left nut back on bracket. hold the right nut with your wrench while doing this, make sure they are both tight on the bracket. now that your have successfully adjusted your nuts you can take a break
it is pretty self explanitory</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup, what he said. all its gonna do though is allow you to open your throttlebody all the way and reach complete WOT(that is if your throttle cable is loose in the first place). which results in a little better throttle response.