Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

throwing code 16,fuel injector,cause???!!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throwing code 16,fuel injector,cause???!!?

sup guys,
went out to the garage tonight and just for the hell of it checked what codes i was throwing (ive been throwing a 41 for awhile ,o2 sensor, just wanted to make sure im only throwing that code) and it came up im throwing a 16,fuel injector. What could cause this? there is no loose wires or connections,and all my butt-connectors are fine and tight,not loose. Also i have aftermarket injectors (RC550's) and they are only about a year old,so i know its not a deffective injector. what could be causing this problem,i wasnt throwing this code a couple weeks ago!

also,cant i send my injectors to RC and they will test them for free,to see if they are still in good shape and flow 550cc per min? ive heard that somewhere,is this right?
Old 02-11-2006, 10:33 PM

Default Re: throwing code 16,fuel injector,cause???!!? (SpoolnByYou)

any ideas? anything i should check??
Old 02-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Probably not the answer your lookin for but solder the wires it makes for a better connection. Might not fix it but its worth a try. Also does the car run fine? I had a d series do this to me before and it ran fine for years no problems except that annoying check engine light
Old 02-12-2006, 08:40 AM

Default Re: throwing code 16,fuel injector,cause???!!? (puffsef)

yeah the car runs fine. you wouldnt even think the light was on by the way it runs,except for the light being on,lol
Old 02-12-2006, 07:53 PM

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA oh man,
i think i made stupid error. i just remebered that friday before i left work i did a compression test on my motor. when i do compression tests i always unplug the injectors so they dont flood out the cylinders. well i guess me cranking the motor without the injectors connected tripped a code 16,im hoping! so i re-set the ecu tonight by undoing the battery and am waiting till tomorrow to go to work to start it and find out if its still throwing the code (cant tonight b/c car is loud,its in the garage,and people in the house are asleep). so i hope to god that it was just the fact i unplugged the injectors to do the compression test.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:57 PM
my house has wheels on it

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoolnByYou &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA oh man,
i think i made stupid error. i just remebered that friday before i left work i did a compression test on my motor. when i do compression tests i always unplug the injectors so they dont flood out the cylinders. well i guess me cranking the motor without the injectors connected tripped a code 16,im hoping! so i re-set the ecu tonight by undoing the battery and am waiting till tomorrow to go to work to start it and find out if its still throwing the code (cant tonight b/c car is loud,its in the garage,and people in the house are asleep). so i hope to god that it was just the fact i unplugged the injectors to do the compression test.</TD></TR></TABLE>you know, to prevent this from happening again, the easiest way to disable the fuel and spark while doing a compression test is to pull the ECU fuse in the underhood fusebox.