Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

For those of you running no fender splashes

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those of you running no fender splashes

I seem to keep ripping mine off so i figured i would ask u guys a couple questions

-How bad is it not having this on?
-Does it make your car more prone to rust?
-Has anyone ever put undercoating instead because there liner kept faling off?

Thanks
Old 11-13-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: For those of you running no fender splashes (Jonovision)

How are you ripping it off? those things are attached pretty good.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For those of you running no fender splashes (stock_honda_coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jonovision &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I seem to keep ripping mine off so i figured i would ask u guys a couple questions

-How bad is it not having this on?
-Does it make your car more prone to rust?
-Has anyone ever put undercoating instead because there liner kept faling off?

Thanks
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its not that bad, I am currently have no inner fender linings. Its just that your engine bay/doors get nasty with dirt and gravel w/o them. I'm looking to put mine back in though w/ some modifications because they won't fit because of how low my car is.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For those of you running no fender splashes (CapnKrunch)

yea the *** hats that were helpin me with my suspension the first time thought it would be funny to rip mine out... literatly...

its been over a year, and its not terrible, you just hear the little rock chips and crap being flung in there, and it does get dirtier quicker, but i have a black car so no worries there.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:53 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I have two sixth gen Civics here. The coupe has fender liners. The hatch does not. The hatch is a pain in the *** to clean because of having no fender liners.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:21 AM

not only rust, but most of all you should worry about is that driving in rainy conditions for long time will eventually get your air filter soaked up and you'll risk even tinny amount of water drops getting in the air intake, then your engine is f****d... same as the problem with hoods that has vent scopes near the filter.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have two sixth gen Civics here. The coupe has fender liners. The hatch does not. The hatch is a pain in the *** to clean because of having no fender liners.</TD></TR></TABLE>any signs of rust?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jonovision)

It is recommended to use if you are running an aftermarket intake system, especially a cold air system. If you are running such a system without the splash guard, be sure to install an intake air bypass valve. Another thing is that the splash guards protect your car from road grime. Due to the material it is made from, it tends to be a less stick easy clean surface instead of having everything chuck up and get stuck to you engine. With all the grime that gets chucked up into your engine bay, you will have a higher chance of overheating you engine because the grime will act as a type of insulation.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ixoiiiiviviiivi)

Its not that bad, just annoying when you drive over gravel all you hear is rocks hitting metal. And you get gravel in wierd places under there lol, and usually a lot right above the side skirt
Old 11-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its not bad i took off all the fender lining out and the bottom lining of the engine off fender lining only gets in my way
Old 11-14-2007, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For those of you running no fender splashes (thatonekid)

I personally have them one, but a friend of mine doesn't and its annoying. You hear every thing that gets flung in the fender. Plus if you daily drive and you go through puddles and some slight mud it just gets all over the place underneath. You could drive the car without them, your just giving up some comfort sound wise.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For those of you running no fender splashes (SeVeNisOnE)

i dont run any...for 3 yrs. i have no problems or dont notice anything anyways...
Old 11-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For those of you running no fender splashes (sleeperrex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sleeperrex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont run any...for 3 yrs. i have no problems or dont notice anything anyways...</TD></TR></TABLE>

but thats because you live in cali
Old 11-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For those of you running no fender splashes (EG2Driver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG2Driver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

but thats because you live in cali</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 11-14-2007, 05:06 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (Jonovision)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jonovision &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any signs of rust?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Nope.

Car with liners is from Delaware (Northeast). No rust. Car without the liners is from Oregon. No rust.

He's looking to replace the liners though. The engine bay gets absolutely filthy and the sound is horrible.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would suggest cutting a square hole at the top, so the tire has room to go in it, thats what i did with my coupe. At first i took them off but then there was a rainforest in my fender.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (.:Swig:.)

3 years, and no problems.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:43 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (.:Swig:.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .:Swig:. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would suggest cutting a square hole at the top, so the tire has room to go in it, thats what i did with my coupe. At first i took them off but then there was a rainforest in my fender.</TD></TR></TABLE>
One of mine has a small hole in it... but not at the top. The hole was worn in the front on the passenger side.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that works too
Old 11-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For those of you running no fender splashes (stock_honda_coupe)

Like it says above it mostly get really dirty and u can hear all the rocks
Old 11-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For those of you running no fender splashes (jers99)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jers99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Like it says above it mostly get really dirty and u can hear all the rocks</TD></TR></TABLE>

agreed..
Old 11-15-2007, 10:04 AM

put it back on man, remember a friend got some water in his filter and that messed up his car pretty good
Old 11-15-2007, 10:28 AM

i have never had any of my 9 preludes i've owned. and my current h22 hatch has none either...no probs
Old 11-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

He's looking to replace the liners though. The engine bay gets absolutely filthy and the sound is horrible.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Those are my only two problems with missing one of my fender liners.. The sound going over gravel is absolutely horrible and my engine bay gets dirty so fast I dont really even clean it much anymore..
Old 11-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sundown)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .:Swig:. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would suggest cutting a square hole at the top, so the tire has room to go in it, thats what i did with my coupe.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I need to do this! I'm not sure where exactly to cut though, so I'll need to put them on first to see where they rub and then figure out where to cut them from there just to make sure I wont have extra unnecessary holes cut.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sundown &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Those are my only two problems with missing one of my fender liners.. The sound going over gravel is absolutely horrible and my engine bay gets dirty so fast I dont really even clean it much anymore..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, these are the problems I am experiencing also... Accept I just got used to the awful sound of gravel poping up into the fender wells.. Oh and having the inner fenders doesn't look very clean either, I think it looks a lot better with them in.

Quick Reply: For those of you running no fender splashes